HughesNet

[HN9000] HUGHESNET Contact Information

Hughesnet Executive Customer Care

executivecustomercare@hughes.net

bbbdc@hughes.net

1-866-636-0012 (Office of the President)

Current Pin # - 397158

New Pin Starting 10/26/09 is 913854

Complaints? Voice them to William Smouse @ ECC

Complaint comments Comments (108) Complaint country United States Complaint category Internet Providers

Comments

5th of May, 2007 by    +2 Votes

Hughesnet - Too expensive for what you get

I cant believe this fair access policy that they have. limited to 200 MB per 24 hour period. This is a joke when you consider that the equipment is around $500.00 and then its like 69.00 per month for 800kb to 1.0 mb (maybe) download rates. As soon as DSL is available... IM GOING TO RUN FROM THIS CRAP!
 17th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes

Hughes Email - Lack of service!

We spent a lot of money to get this satellite service, and continue to pay a lot of money each month to keep it. Unfortunately the email does not work. What is more frustrating is trying to get some help. The customer service is absolutely insane. They tell you to try in about an hour and it should be fixed, etc. Or they tell you to hold (after you have been waiting for a long, long time) for a minute and then disconnect. I can't complain about the signal strength, it is exactly what they promised me. But when I have people telling me that sending me an email results in it coming back because Hughes doesn't recognize it, or telling me they sent me email and I never got it and they don't know it never reached me, it is alarming. I read that others are having similar problems, but there is really no way to reach anyone that can help.
 2nd of Jun, 2007 by    +3 Votes

Hughesnet - Slow connection speed

Stunned at the number of sources and complaints against HughesNet. I just tested my HughesNet connection speed... 12 kb per second... about the slowest internet service provider in America... so much for fast download speeds.
 26th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes

Hughesnet Satellite Services - Bad business practices!

Just purchased a professional promotional plan package from HughesNet, which means our monthly fee was going to be a little more, as with this package you pay for the equipment over a 24 month term. It was installed last Thursday 07/19/07 and we canceled our service on Wednesday 07/25/07. Despite what we had agreed to and signed up for we were placed on a upfront purchase. Did not know this was done until after install. We have called HughesNet billing which has been outsourced to India, and tried to explain our problem and that our Debit Card should not have been debited. We were transferred from technician to technician and given numerous case (reference) numbers. Finally one of their technicians stated that the equipment was already paid for and there was nothing he could do. No one in their billing department admitted to the mistake that had been made on their part, and made to effort to reconcile. A simple we're sorry, we'll correct that right now, and credit your account was never considered. Because of their mistake, we have checks being returned for insufficient funds. No one should have to go through what we've been through with Hughes terrible outsourced billing department. We are still unsure about the equipment and what to do with it.
 17th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Hughes - Poor service!

Direcway was a better service , least if u hit fab after several hours u could surf again... Now with hughes u lock out for 24 hours, I'm on fab now and its slower then when i had dialup at 24,600 bps. I think they add megs to the usage cause i know i didn't download what they stated. I know for a fact there usage page missed 2 days and they put me on fab. Called and talked to a guy from india that i couldn't hardly understand... He agreed with me and said they where upgrading there software and a lot of people where hit with fab that should not be on it... There is nothing we could do about it cause there service is not guaranteed.

Think the 200 megs n the 24 hours they hit u with is a nightmare .I had satellite internet for over 6 years now. But hughes compared to direcway is a nightmare. I'm not locked in now but called the other day to upgrade to there 69.99 a month. Think that this is extortion. But didn't cause i would be charged the 10 for the upgrade and 20 more cause they said i needed the newer dw7000. I have the dw6000. Did i mention extortion... I think that is why they changed there policy to make u upgrade.

My other choice was to pay 125 for a new modem then they wouldn't charge me the extra 20 cause i have the dw6000 and a 15 month contract... Or get a free modem with 25 shipping and sign a 15 month contract... No good choices here... I'm hoping the get cable in my area soon. That will be sledge hammer day for the dish and all hughes products.

I would cancel if there was a way to get enough people to cancel at the same time. That is the only way to get Hughes to change there policy. I really don't like dial up but my 24600 connection i had is over twice as fast as there fab.
I hope to start a movement here to get people to cancel so we can change there policy... Its all about more money its not bandwith.
 20th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Hughes - Bad destination messages

As of 9/9/07 I have not been able to email my daughter through hughes.net The report I keep getting is a bad destination. I have been emailing my daughter for 3 years to the same address and have had no problem in the past. I have called hughes and talked to someone far away and then I was advised to contact Abuse@hughes.net and they are now sending me delivery time expired. In other words they are not accepting my referrals to them about the bad destination messages. Don't have any idea how to resolve this problem.
 10th of Nov, 2007 by    +1 Votes

Hughesnet - Very slow internet!

I pay over $100.oo per month for this satellite service. It's sooo slow. Dial up modem was faster. On line tests show that the service is within their guidelines, and that the problem lies with heavy traffic at various times of the day.
 10th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes

Hughes Net And Direcway - Poor service / unfair practice!

DirecWay and Hughes.net Satellite Internet companies (now one in the same) are selling Oregonians a service contract that they cannot meet. They advertise a level of service that is attractive and then fail to deliver. If you try to have their technical support address the issue, they send you to India for 2 hours of run around (while they try bullshit non-technical attempts and ultimately claim to have to call you back from the American "advanced" technical service group). These folks wait 2 weeks to call you and then tell you that "based on our system tests in the control center it is your equipment". They then expect you to hire an independent installer for $100's to come fix it. If you try to cancel the contract, they will charge you $300. This is a trap and completely unfair. IT MUST BE AN ILLEGAL PRACTICE. Someone PLEASE get these bastards and serve up justice for those of us trapped by this unfair practice. I’ll sign the class action without hesitation... contact me!

Here are the speed tests since June of 2007 for my account. They "guarantee 650Kbps download" as part of the contract.

November 9th, 06:12PM - 154/177 kbps
July 2nd, 10:32PM - 61/140 kbps
July 2nd, 10:30PM - 71/70 kbps
June 14th, 10:17PM - 289/132 kbps
June 14th, 10:07PM - 477/143 kbps
June 14th, 10:05PM - 522/26 kbps.
 17th of Jan, 2008 by    +2 Votes
This company ripped me off! Beware people!
 21st of Jan, 2008 by    +3 Votes
Thank you.

I wrote the Jan 4 2008 post by Andrew.

I just followed your advise and filed a complaint using the link: http://www.oag.state.md.us/Consumer/complaint.htm that you provided.

I also filed a complaint with: www.ftc.gov and anyone else interested do the same.
 29th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

Hughesnet Broadband - Incredibly Poor Service & Product
Hughes
Georgia
Phone: 1-866-347-3292

Tuesday. Day four of no email. Not just for me, for all their hostages (Hughes calls us customers). The following Hughes Net announcement says it all about this company. Be afraid. Very afraid.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------... />
In a effort to improve your HughesNet email experience, we attempted a system-wide upgrade this past Saturday. Unfortunately, this upgrade has not progress as planned. The problems many of you have been experiencing with your HughesNet email service is a result of an unsuccessful transition. Be assured that all of your email before and during this transition have been safely and securely stored for transmission to you.

Effective today, we are switching back to our previous email system as swiftly as possible. We anticipate that all of the emails in your system up to Friday, April 25, will be arriving to you later today followed by your interum email, those sent or received from Saturday until now. Please continue to check our customer care website at www.myhughesnet.com for the most up to date annoncements on our roll back process. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have expeienced during this planned upgrade and appreciate your patience as we restore your email service to its fully operational status.
 8th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes

Hughes Satellite - Late, very late, email arrivals.
Hughes Net

After the hyped overhaul of Hughes' email service I got virtually no email for three days. Then beginning on May 4, 2008 every email was up to twenty four hours late in getting into my mailbox. Talking to those characters from another universe on the phone is like some weird Kafka experience. I am going to think of leaving this nightmare ISP for good.
 19th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes

Hughes - Will not let me talk to tech support in the US, refuses to escalate problem!
Hughes
hc 66 box 19-7
Phone: 918-723-3853

We call for tech support this is handled by some one in India, They put you off and put you off until you get verbal with them. then they ask you to delete all cookies and mess with your computer as a way of frustrating you. Then they give you a case # and tell you to run speed tests 3 times morning 3 times afternoon 3 times evening. You call back after having completed their request and state the case # and you get more arguments. they stall stall stall and then still refuse to escalate the problem to some one in the US who can actually do something about it. I say this needs a class action law suit. One person alone can't get it done. They are taking money under false pretenses promising High speed broadband internet connections but are not providing that service.
 27th of Oct, 2008 by    +1 Votes
Have had HughesNet for one week and am cancelling. Slower than dial-up. And all they'll refund is $200 of my $500+ installation, AND will charge me $100 to have someone come take the dish off my roof. Rip-off, rude customer service. A complete scam
 20th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes

Hughes Internet Svs Prvdr - What a joke.....

I've fought with HUGHES for five years. Only intermittent to NO service. Never a credit for outages. Insult to injury - it cost me $300 MORE to disconnect this phony service. DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH HUGHES. Can't contact anyone in the US - phony billing dept in Phillipines - phony tech support in India. Feel free to email me
 27th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes

Hughes Net Satellite - Faulse Advertising
Hughes Net
North Carolina

Hughes Net claims to have high speed internet ! We have done speed test time and time again. They are no faster than Dial Up! Most times they are 10 times slower than their advertised rate.
When you try and try to get help, they make a few changes on your computer but to no avail. Finally after over a year of complaining, you try and get the service cut off and they do everything they can to make it impossible to get rid of Hughes Net. They want a big fee to break the contract - even though they have never delivered what they claim. Hughes Net should be run out of business for being crooks!
 3rd of Dec, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Hughesnet is the absolute worse thing in the world. .. I pay almost $90 a month for TOTAL CRAP. . . and it just keeps getting worse and worse. . .
 5th of Feb, 2010 by    +2 Votes
I agree totally I've paid WAYY TOO MUCH since I've gotten this service and its terrible customer service wish I could cancel it but they want to charge you to cancel early wish I never gotten it in the first place
 12th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes

Hughesnt - Everything
Hughesnet

THis whole thing is a scam.Youare way better off with dial up and it is a lot cheaper.Rarely works at all and you are limited to 200mb per day.Thats almost nothing.Dont listen to a radio station on your PC or in no time you are over the limit.Although I asked extensively about this and a lot of other stuff they just lied.DONT BUY IT !!!
 22nd of Mar, 2010 by    +3 Votes
i was lied to by hughes net sales reps they lied about what counted as down loads and when i try to resolve the issues it is just a circle of bs i feel thet customers shouls get together and file a class action law suite against them.i was just plain lied to before i bought the service

HughesNet Logo HughesNet