logo

Plenty of Fish
Fraud and cheating
4. (14 mins ago)
Disability RMS
Payoff Drs to not get disability
5. (30 mins ago)
comfortaire direct comfortaire mattress reviews
Positive product and company

Posted:    Steve

Fraud and scam

Hughes.net
www.hughes.net
Sent via e-mail and mail:

July 21, 2008

Mr. Pradman P. Kaul
President and CEO
Hughes Network Systems, LLC
11717 Exploration Lane Germantown, MD, 20876

As a long time customer (Eight Years) it is sad to see the state that Hughes has come to. I have hung in their through Direcpc, Direcway, and Hughes.net, but today I wish I was using some other system. I have both personal and business accounts with Hughes. While I applaud Hughes for trying to keep up with all of the new innovations, the procedures for implementing these changes are very amateurish, and your planners should be fired.

You can verify my accounts through today’s incident report number 2304118. Since I plan on posting this on the various blogs, I will not include additional information. Hughes did a web conversion starting July 18th for your web hosting. In the last six months Hughes has done numerous upgrades, and the implementation has been worst each time. Key data in large contact files has been lost, implementation has been started, but so poorly implemented, that it was abandoned. Hughes boosts about the ability to get e-mails anywhere in the world for travelers like me, so I have store my e-mails on line. I maintain a history of e-mails on your server to preserve them. There are at least five hundred.

But these past few days have been unbelievable. An e-mail came out from upgrade@hughesnetwebservices.com that was three short paragraphs long stating: (1) here is where you go to get your e-mails in the future, (2) we are changing our billing name, (3) here is where all of your old information is, and by the way you have seven days to “retrieve” it from the old server.

In this computer age, is it that hard to write a program to move the old e-mails, and my 300 plus contacts? I contacted your 888-390-1243 number for help. Those in India who answered your line did not even have the correct information such as the old or new website. The man that was assisting me tried to help, and was assisting me in the transfers, but it was taking hours. (and I do mean hours) This continued as he worked his way through the files, until his manager told him that he had to stop, as it was my responsibility to transfer the information, even if I had to transfer them one at a time, not in a group as he was doing.

As to the contacts list, there does not seem to be a download feature to enable you to download all at once, and if there is, the instructions are certainly hidden. As a CPA, I would be ashamed of treating my clients this way. As a litigation expert, I also know the value of maintaining these e-mails, so I have no choice but to spend the time to transfer them myself. What has happened to your customer service that you imply is there in your national advertisements.

If I had the time, I would change my business and personal e-mails. As it is I have wasted time trying to figure out the instructions that were provided, and writing this letter. That I took time to tell the CEO of the problem is an indication of how upset I am about this situation. This is one of many implementation problems I have encounter with Hughes in the last six months. If you expect to keep customers, you had better get new planners for you implementations.
Comments United States Computers & Accessories
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Oct, 2008 by   meg 0 Votes
i'll pull up your acct later.
 28th of Dec, 2009 by   GrumpyPot 0 Votes
You complain that they need to have better implementers, better plans, etc. I suspect that they have done financial analysis and know to a nicety exactly how poor their service can be before the number of people leaving exceed the savings from providing poor service. During one of my many many technical assistance calls to Hughesnet I managed to complain my way up the food chain to some manager of managers who bluntly replied to my threat of quitting Hughesnet: "We are getting so many new customers with our aggressive advertising campaign that it doesn't matter if we lose some old customers."

They don't care... it's not profitable.

Banks Clean Up on Homeowners Insurance