Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

A complete Scam

Hookup.com
Washington
hookup.com
This website is a scam. All of the profiles are computer generated to get you to be actively involved in the site and "to encourage participation" (in the site's own words) found in the disclaimer on the site. Evidently, they use a company called Cupid, Inc. to create generic profiles for the site. The disclaimer even mentions that the site is for entertainment purposes only and not for dating. When you sign up, you'll be directed to "pay for" sites with internet chatting, web cams, etc. Users will "message" you, but will never reply to your responses. The one thing that gives it away is their website technology is a little out of whack. Some of the user profiles aren't quite par with their messages. Another words, you'll get a message from some hottie just down the road that says "I noticed we're pretty close, would you like to swap contact information?" When you pull up their profile, their like a gazillion miles away. Don't waste your money. This is a complete joke!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Feb, 2011 by    +1 Votes
Hey, they got your money, so now let the buyer beware. You will notice on each of the profiles a little icon that says OC, stands for Online Cupid. Maybe somewhere there is a lawyer that talked some sense into these guys, and they felt they needed to cover themselves.
I have looked at over 1800 profiles of women on this site, and none of them were real people. I was amazed at how many I had to go through to find one real woman.
Guess the best way to describe this site is that it is a men only site, where men pay $29.95 per month to talk to a computer generated room filled with artificial women. To make matters worse, if you delete your profile, your pictures and description remain and they will use you to lure others onto this site.
 8th of Apr, 2011 by    +1 Votes
Hook Up.com is a fraud, I agree, not only most profiles are fake, but some "girls" also chat with you suggesting things like: "Hi, Wanna play?" They will ask you to meet on your private e-mail chat, but before starting "the game" they will tell you: Do you have your credit card number?
 22nd of Mar, 2013 by    0 Votes
This site popped up while my six year old was using my pad how can this be stopped ?
 22nd of Mar, 2013 by    0 Votes
We as adults can view any site of our choice, we don, t have a choice when it it appears without our consent!
 5th of Apr, 2013 by    0 Votes
FULL ON MONEY TAKER.. the do there best to try and say that you brake there rules and remove your account when you ask question as you learn things are not what they say. people will e-mail you to get you to play along.. get you to pay more $$.. i sent e-mails out to people who viewed me as well as people who sent me e-mails in side there systems. i said let meet and i go by were you live most each day and so on.. as fast as i press send the message.. poof.. that person comes on line.. or with in 5 mins the persons on line.. in my message i said when we meet and things go well we can give each other our numbers. I NEVER gave my number or asked for numbers.. not 1 hour after i sent messages to like 25 people.. i got the your message has been removed for not following there rules.. and my account will be removed.. i e-mailed them be for they removed my account. asking why. they said for giving out my number and asking for numbers.. that i did not do.. so they backed off. next day i cheeked my profile and it said i was a male.. well im not.. so i sent a ticket asking them if they could fix it for me.. 30 mins later i got e-mail saying i broke the site rules and my account has been removed.. FOR ASKING A QUESTION TO THEM.. BULL CRAP.. i told them i want my $$ back.. we will see they said 7-10 days to get the $$ back..
THIS SITE IS FULL ON B.S. PASS UP ANYTHING THAT HAS HOOK UP IN IT.. THEY HAVE LIKE 4 HOOK UP SITES.. HOOKUP IHOOKUP AND A FEW OTHERS. ALL THE SAME ..
 25th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
I'm on another site called cougarlife.com which has OC's as well, but they're kind of obvious just like what buddy there described, but I have met a few women off there, just normal women not like the perfect ten OC's and it was a positive experience so I don't care. But now it seems like I'm getting new generation OC's it seems like telling me in very detailed msgs and from email accounts to join up with hookup.com so they can verify my ID claiming the site will screen me. She claimed its free, but I have to give my credit card info, so now im suspicious but the thing that really tipped me off was the 2nd OC msging me with similar lines in her profile, instant access to private pics. Would they go this far for 30 bucks?
 28th of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
fou nd this one girl start talking how to pay some money just to keep talking 2 hours later I have like 14 purposes causing my Card to be shut off the cell block them it is a scam there is like a bunch of others websites that they're connected to their all fake

Contact Us