logo

Posted:    Alex

Scam charges

Holsted Jewelers
holstedjewelers.com
This company made charges to my credit card and I don't know how they got the information. When I called they claim that someone had ordered from them using my information. Cards will be cancel today.
Comments United States Jewelry & Watches
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Aug, 2009 by   Carolyn Kraft 0 Votes
Holsted Jewelers has been in business since 1971 and has served hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers. We would only bill a credit card given to us by a customer with an order. Our marketing efforts ask for a credit card to be entered, and our copy states that when the order ships, the credit card entered will be billed. When the jewelry item is sent, the accompanying customer service card clearly gives the customer instructions to cancel out of the program with absolutely no further obligation. I am sorry that your experience was a bad one- it sounds as if somebody got a hold of your credit card number. If you have any future issues, Holsted's customer service number is 1-800-671-2958.

Carolyn Kraft, Sr. Vice President of Marketing, Holsted Jewelers
 4th of Feb, 2010 by   grl29 0 Votes
Carolyn Kraft, maybe you should include your direct line if you're going to argue your point. I recieved a watch my husband bought for me from Holstead and it was missing a diamond, the wrong color, and also had a hinge in the back which was not shown in the picture on the site. I called your customer service number and spoke with Laura. She told me someone from UPS would pick up the watch within 7 business days. I waited, and left that watch on the front porch even in a rain storm, but noone came to get it. I called back... spoke with Laura again. She told me she'd contact the company for another ticket to pick up the watch. 4 days later, I contacted her again and she told me she wasnt able to get in touch with the manufacterer. I asked repeatedly to speak with a supervisor or manager because I didnt want to leave the watch outside. She told me no supervisors were on duty after 5pm. A couple days later we got a call saying a UPS guy would pick up the watch in 3-5 days. Noone showed again! I wrote to your "customer service" department and requested a call back. Someone should be going over and above to assist me at this point! Noone even wrote back in the 48 hour time frame it says it takes on the website. I called again... this time I spoke with Jeana. After I told her I wanted to talk to a supervisor she transferred me to Laura! I asked if Laura was a supervisor. "Yes" she claimed. Interesting, she must have been promoted in the past month. So I'm getting the same run around again... Laura will contact the manufacterer to pick up the item (in 7 days). You're company is such a scam. If you really cared to assist your customers you would have an easily accessible return slip inside the box that was shipped with the original item. Don't give us all some crap about how you guys aren't shady and don't do any wrong. I fully intend to tell everyone I know and don't know, on all the websites I can find, about my terrible experience with your company. As we speak, I still have the crappy watch that cost over $100... it's February and my birthday is coming up. This watch was ordered mid December for my christmas gift. Thanks ALOT!!!
 15th of Feb, 2010 by   elie_haru 0 Votes
i worked with holsted jewelers before, and i had no idea that there's such complaint over the jeweleries we sell on line, though i could assure you that only people who has the postcards we send are entitled to make orders with their consents, we don't really put orders unless the customers calls and says so. maybe, and i guess that its the agents fault that's why their are unintentional charges on your credit card.
 16th of Apr, 2010 by   BetterOff 0 Votes
How stupid could you be Elie? You know darn well that you guys have a separate line for people to call when they are upset about the jewelery you send them.
 12th of Jul, 2010 by   Anita Lynn 0 Votes
Carolyn Kraft, Sr. Vice President of Marketing, Holsted Jewelers -------> Are you serious? I never ordered anything from your company, and I've never ordered jewelry period but I noticed some strange charges on my credit card, I called my CC company immediately and not long after recieved a package in the mail and I sent it back ASAP and what do you know not even a month later your company tried the same SCAM again:( I've warned everyone I know about your company:) Shame on you:( Anita
 20th of Aug, 2010 by   Jennchekal 0 Votes
I am very upset with this company. We received a letter in the mail from our credit card company saying my husband was such a valued customer that he was able to get 3 free rings, just pay the shipping and handling. So he asked me which 3 I wanted. I picked them out and he called them. The person he talked to also tryed selling him more jewelery! He repeatedly told them he wasnt interested in anything else! Then of course he gave them our debit card number for the shipping. All the while telling them he DID NOT want anything else! We got the rings, I wore one in particular for about 4 days until it started turning a brownish color on the bottom of the ring! I remember thinking, "good thing these were free!" About a month later we received 3 more packages in the mail. Earrings! I then checked our bank account and they charged us $46.98 for each set of earrings! My husband NEVER gave them permission to send us more jewlery let alone charge our bank account! Isnt that illegal? Still trying to figure out how all this happened. Im sending back the earrings and they WILL give us our money back! I will never buy from Holsted Jewelers and neither will my family and friends!
 14th of Oct, 2010 by   uncle tom 0 Votes
any jewelry that is "luxeriously gold plated" is junk and crap period
 14th of Oct, 2010 by   uncle tom 0 Votes
holested jewelers is a scam similer to merlite jewelry which went out of business
none of the jewelry sold is real, and it is highly over priced garbage
 20th of Dec, 2010 by   ColKCS 0 Votes
My wife accepted a "Free...No Obligation" offer from Holsted Jewelers for three small pearl rings. Since then, she has been sent unwanted and unordered jewelery totaling over $300.00. A complaint to the company did not provide any positive results. They will not provide a return label nor even acknowledge a formal request to stop sending their stuff. Letters have been sent to the local Better Business Bureau and to the Ohio Attorney General's office along with a letter to the credit card company to which these charges have been made. The charges do not indicate any sort of item number, item description nor any information on what it could possible be. In other words, they are adding charges to the credit card for items which you know nothing about, nor are you able to determine what it is!!! This company is nothing but a scam.
 21st of Dec, 2010 by   uncle tom 0 Votes
IT IS ILLEGAL TO SEND UNORDERED MERCHANDISE AND BILL FOR IT.
REPORT TO POST OFFICE ATTENTION POST MASTER GENERAL
SUPPLY MERCHANDISE, PACKAGING, PROOF OF BILLING CHARGES.
THIS WILL RESULT IN FEDERAL LEGAL ACTIONS TAKEN AGAINST HALSTEAD BY POSTMASTER. ALSO YOU ARE ALLOWED TO KEEP MERCHANDISE FOR FREE AND ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO RETURN IT SINCE YOU NEVER ORDERED IT. CHECK WITH POST OFFICE FOR THE RULE OF LAW FOR DETAILS ASK FOR SUPERVISOR.
ALSO SEE SITE FTC.GOV FOR ADITIONAL ACTIONS TO BE TAKEN AND CHANGE CREDIT CARD NUMBER ASAP BY CALLING CREDIT CARD COMPANY REQUESTING CANCELLATION OF AND REPLACEMENT OF CREDIT CARD NUMBER.
 21st of Dec, 2010 by   uncle tom 0 Votes
halstead jewelers is not real quality jewelry and will oxidise and turn your fingers green. it is mass produced in china. the base metal is injection molded garbage metal which is then electroplated in a water solution containing small amounts of 24k gold. fake worthless stones with fancy names may be added at this point.
the gold is just a very very thin surface coating which will rapidly wear off the surface exposing the real metal which may contain toxic cromium. do not wear this product. PLEASE DISPOSE OF QUICKLY ACCORDING TO YOUR MUNICIPALITYS TOXIC SUBSTANCE DISPOSAL PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS AND KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN TO AVOID CROMIUM POISONING. if you want a deal on real jewelry at less than retail, try visiting a pawn shop in your area. all jewelry in a good pawn shop has been highly repolished on a jewelers wheel to like new condition and was carefully tested with electronic hand held diamond testers followed by diamond grading. the gold also tested for carot using a non invasive acid test proceedure. all jewelry is verified as real or not purchased when taken in..the entire test/grading process is 2-4 minutes.
 21st of Dec, 2010 by   uncle tom 0 Votes
10 k GF =GOLD FILLED IS IT REALLY BETTER THAN ELECTROPLATE...
GOLD FILLED IS ANOTHER TERM TO MISLEAD THE CONSUMER
what does gold filled mean? it means basically if you want to make gold filled jewelry.
you take a large heated bucket of molten non gold metal and add a hand full of real gold.
if you want 10k GF the handfull of added gold is 10k (485) 10 k gold is 48.5 percent total gold content. the higher the K AS IN 14K/18K ECT is just a higher gold content with 24k being 100 percent gold. however even 24k GF(gold filled) is just that. a hand full of 24k gold added to and mixed into a large bucket of non-gold metal..each GF ring is generally purchased by the jewelry seller for one dollar each and resold as high as 80.00. be careful..only buy gold rings with no letters after the 10k/14k/marking.then you know that it is in fact real jewelry...still not sure get it tested for a buck at your local pawn shop..
 23rd of Dec, 2010 by   m331 0 Votes
I never received my package of a ring and they charged me for it and now they charged me for some earings to that I didn't even order and I told the gentle man who helped me that I was not intrested in the trial just in the ring that I wanted to get and he said he marked that I didn't want the trial so now Im being charged for both items and have nothing to show for so how can I cancel this plus my card that I gave him only had funds for the ring not the other items and now my card is over the limit and its are your falt and I sure contact you and let you know whats goiing on wow!!! I can't believe you guys don't take good directions..after your told that NOOO! man know I don't want anything from this company that didn't listen correctly..Can someone please help!!! I tried contacting them and there gone for the Holidays how can this have happen only if the customer service person where to listen more clear to the customer this wouldn't happen. So now I'm going to have to wait to see what happens...did I mention this was since 12/13 they sure took my money but I didn't get the product thats crazy! I must say thats bad for the Company..
 27th of Dec, 2010 by   Zonie 0 Votes
I also just found charges to my debit card for an item I did not order. When I called the 800# I was told "yes" they received my cancellation notice, but this new order was already processed...and too late to stop shipment, so now they have my $50+ dollars and I have to wait to receive this item and then wait for them to get it back to get my $50+ back (should I be that lucky) Yes, this is a SCAM. The "free" rings I got are 1st class CRAP. I would be ashamed to wear them. Be very wary of these "free" deals. I'm sure we all know better, but every once in awhile we forget.
 29th of Dec, 2010 by   Mastergold +1 Votes
I also got a postcard in the mail and when I called to see what it was I was getting I said ok send the rings. Then I told the salesperson that I did not want any future mailings when he tried to sell me on other items. He said alright. A month later my account was charged $56.98 and I received a set of earrings. I called and complained and was told to mail them back and my account would be credited. I was to mail them back at my expense. I told her I cancelled out the first time and they sent the order anyway so I am not paying to have them sent back. I was told I should have sent a postcard back and I said if I was supposed to do that the salesperson should have told me that. All he said was okay I have cancelled you out. I wanted to talk to a supervisor. She said to hold on her supervisor was on another call. Two minutes later she gto on and said they would credit my account. I asked how to send the earrings back and she said to keep them. I said I did not want them so she said give them to a friend. Now I will have to monitor my account for a couple of months to make sure a credit is given. I surely hope I do not have to cancel my credit card number and have a new one issued. Then again I think I will because of all the complaints I have read about Holsted!
 11th of Jan, 2011 by   denise bethke 0 Votes
i also received earrings that i did not order. when i placed my free order i told the foreign girl that i did not want to be on a mailing list nor did i want anything sent to me. well today i get a pair of earrings that i did not order with them telling me that they would charge my credit card 49.95 plus 6.95 shipping. bull. i did not ask for this and i will not pay. this is a scam and i will not be a part of it. i already have my attoney on this and i guarentee that it will be taken care of. these people are scum and they will pay. denise bethke you better not charge my account.
 24th of Jan, 2011 by   athena911 +1 Votes
Sounds like I got scammed like everyone else here...My husband presented me with a card, asking me to pick which of two rings I wanted for $6.99/S & H. I asked for them both. Got them. THEN we noticed the VERY fine print that said to notify them within 10 days or get more crap shipments for almost $60.00 each. I called on 1.17.11-told Cindy I didn't want their stuff, and they were no longer authorized to take any funds from my acct. She said she cancelled the who show. On 1.22.11 my card was declined in the grocery store. I found an 'unusual activity' notice from my bank when I got home. I got charged for two more of their crap items. I called 1.24.11, spoke with Raeanne, who said they were 'trying to stop the shipments, and that I would have my refund within 7-10 days. I told her she must have mis-understood...then asked to speak with a supervisor...I got Suzette...same excuses. I told her I would file a complaint with the Postmaster General which would result in federal action against them! After I got off the phone, I called my bank to report unauthorized use of my account, by the time a fraud investigator got on the phone, after my initial complaint had been triaged, the investigator told me the funds had been reversed. THREATENING THEM WITH FEDERAL ACTION IS APPARENTLY THE ONLY THING THAT GETS THROUGH THEIR THICK HEADS!
 29th of Jan, 2011 by   Shirley Beitch +1 Votes
My 85-year-old mother, a regular Blair customer, received a mailing from Blair telling her that, because she is such a good customer, they wanted to send her a free gift. All she had to do was tell them her ring size, which she did.

What she didn't realize was that she was enrolled in a junk jewelry subscription service that she has been unable to terminate. Her Mastercard, which she did not provide with the ring size (but Blair has on file) is charged large amounts for worthless tin and plastic jewelry.

Blair won't take responsibility; they blame Holsted Jewelry or HOM Diamond. Holsted is a partner of Blair and must have received my mother's Mastercard number from them.

How do we get out of this?
 29th of Jan, 2011 by   Shirley Beitch 0 Votes
What an amazing collusion Blair and Holstead Jewelry have going! Blair claims to know nothing about this, even though they do partner with Holstead on many jewelry offerings. Holstead sends mailings 100% in the name of Blair without ever mentioning any other company's name. The mailings use Blair's logo, look, return address, etc. Blair will not help. Holstead will not even respond.
 31st of Jan, 2011 by   Dan (Alaska) 0 Votes
i am a victim of the Holsted Jewelers scam via Gevalia...i'm out $56.98...what to do to get my money back??...you would think Gevalia would not have been a part of this...what a rip-off...

Beware the 'home energy audit' Sales Pitch