HH Gregg

4.4
HH Gregg
Indianaplos, Indiana
hhgregg.com
HHGregg has terrible business practices in employee relations. Although they claim to be family operated, and family focused, this company requires salaried managers to work open to close shifts 3 times a week! Upon hire, managers are told they will work the standard 45 hour work week, until peak season. It's a lie. They also have weeks where they only have one day off, and they are often required to work extra.

A typical retail schedule is a morning manager works 8-5 and a closer works 1-10. The others fill in or take their day off.
But not here!
They employ a measly 3 managers per store, and respond to suggestions to hire a 4th manager with "Ok, then we will cut your salary by a percentage." From a company that pays bonuses on negative comps, and makes a TON of money each day, they don't even stand against companies that make way less, and yet still make sure their managers are not burned out.

It's no wonder HH Gregg has internal theft problems, and a high rate of turnover. The managers they hire are low caliber. Everyone knows that you can hire a single person who has no life and work them till they quit. Or you can hire family focused people that have a reason to make a loyal career.

Also, they constantly mess up peoples benefits, bonuses, paychecks, reimbursements, and W2's. It was June before we got ours!! You'd think a company that wants to make an impression on new markets would deal with these matters with urgency.

Shame on them. I vote
WORST PLACE TO WORK!!
Complaint comments Comments (22) Complaint country United States Complaint category Home & Garden

Comments

27th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
I bought my 4 appliances at HHGREGG and have had problems with 2 of them.

I am not going to get into all the details but it has been 2 months and the problems still aren't solved.

They have very poor customer service and I don't know about their computer system. They never can find orders and information about an order.

I will not shop HHGREGG again.
 17th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

H.H. Gregg - Unauthorized charges
H.H. Gregg
hhgregg.com

On 9/29/08 I purchased a dishwasher and paid via debit card. I returned the next day to change my order because of the wrong fit. There was a difference of $427 which was suppose to go back in my bank account in 72hrs. It has been three telephone conversations and false promises and 15 working days and I still don't have my money.

If I don't have the money by tomorrow 9/17/08 I will go to the store and insist on a check or I will have to get an attorney to collect for me.

I'm sure if I owed the store this money they would be knocking down my door by now.
 24th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I worked there 3 whole weeks... No thanks. When it come time to get a paycheck, they would also attach a "draw statement" saying I had to make 300, then 600, then $900 worth of commission for the week to get paid any commission at all. Sounds like no big deal, but when you sell a $4, 000 tv that pays $4 in comission, you can do the math.

As for the company itself, the managers are rude, the co-employees are a joke and the training program was almost embarrassing to partake in. Horrible company with extremely overpriced products. I don't wish failure on anyone, but I don't think this company needs to be in business another second.
 4th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes

HHGregg - Stay away from these guys
HHGregg

THIS IS A COMPANY TO STAY AWAY FROM!!!
I wish I'd read the reviews here before purchasing my new fridge. The two day delivery took nine days and even after I told them repeatedly BEFORE I PURCHASED THE FRIDGE that my drive way was very narrow and they needed to use a small truck, they showed up with a 34ft truck. Their smallest truck. When they could not get the truck to my house they TOLD ME TO BORROW a smaller truck from a friend or neighbor so they could complete the delivery. I went back to the store and told them just give me my money back and I'll buy elsewhere. They said no, no, no, we can make this work. I finally did borrow a truck from a friend and got the fridge to my house where the installers dumped it and ran. They didn't even bother to put my 70# house door back on the hinges leaving me to fight with it by myself for 30 minutes.

But it gets better.

When I noticed the next morning the seal on the freezer was not working, lots of condensation and ice in the freezer, and reported back to the store they said they'd send a team out to check it. The bozo team arrived a week later to tell me the seal was bad and they'd have to swap out my fridge.

After three weeks of waiting while they tried to figure out how to get a truck to my place the bottom line from the regional manager was, it was my problem. I had to get the fridge back to the store for a refund, if I couldn't manage to do it, no refund. I told the sales person 3 times explicitly before I purchased the fridge it would be difficult to get it to my place, were they sure they could do it. I was told repeatedly yes, we can deliver it to you, no problem.

Not only did they lie through their teeth every step of the way, they never returned calls, and then in the end expected me to somehow get a 400# brand new but defective fridge back to their store to get a refund.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY
 6th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
I agree completely! This company is by far the absolute worst to work for, manager or otherwise. I used to be in the warehouse, WORST JOB I EVER TOOK! I swear you're treated better by Drill Sergeants than by these people. Every day I went into work I was wishing I was being smoked in basic training. I only accepted a position at hhgregg because I was desperate for money to pay bills. I'm sure glad I'm not working there anymore, it was the worst experience of my entire life. Like one of my buddies says, who's a sales guy over there, "once you can leave, you can only go up." It's true! After leaving that job I got a helluva lot better job!
 2nd of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes
I was hired recently at the HHgregg store in Vernon Hills, IL. I was told I would work around 40-45rs a week as a sales associate in cpu/laptops/tablets. Lies, the first week my schedule was 59 hours. My first day included ZERO training, I was not shown how to do anything. When I asked "do I need to punch in?" "Can you show me how to fill out a "i", "t", "d" ticket" the generic response was "don't worry about it." I sold 7 computers on my first day and was LOL'ing big time at the management...My manager Chris Miller was absolute idiot. You could tell he was just promoted as he knew nothing about "management" or how to manage his staff. You could tell the managers were burnt out based on their terrible additudes. I'm glad I only gave this poor version of a "Circuit City, " 2 days of my time. Its very obvious this retail store gets deals on limited lines or expiring models as 85% of the cpu's I sold were HP's, HP announced officially in early August 2011 they will no longer be in the computer/desktop business...Yikes!!
 30th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
I too worked there for about 3 months part time. made min wage every single paycheck. when the store is dead, like it was every single shift, literally...you make min wage, but you owe it back, called draw. so if you sell an entire kitchen worth 7, 500, you pay every cent back to the company until you reach what you made in min wage. so basically, no matter how hard you work, how much you sell, how dead the store is, you'll always make min wage. quit after 3 months. oh and you also pay for your uniform, i think it was 30.00, mandatory. they'll never compete with legit companies.
 16th of Oct, 2013 by    0 Votes
I trying to get my check stubs off the website and cant get anyone on the phone to help me!
 3rd of Dec, 2013 by    0 Votes
{rtf1ansiansicpg1252
{fonttblf0fnilfcharset0 CourierNewPSMT;}
{colortbl;red255green255blue255;red0green0blue0;red255green255blue255;}
deftab720
pardpardeftab720partightenfactor0

f0fs24 cf2 cb3 expnd0expndtw0kerning0
outl0strokewidth0 strokec2 I bought a Bosch dishwasher a few weeks ago. When I got it home I found it was missing the front kick panel. I called them and after being bounced around and on hold they said they found it. I came in and asked a salesperson about it and they sent me to customer service desk. The guy goes in back and brings out the wrong kick plate. After trying to convince me it was the right one I found the same model and held it up to it. The holes didn't line up and the one I have is stainless not painted grey metallic. They said they ordered it for me so I decided to get the power cord kit for it. The sales lady took me to customer service to ring me up and they wouldn't let her use the terminal. After bouncing to 3 terminals I was able to get out of there. Pissed off by now I installed the dishwasher with no kick plate. Last week I called to check on it immediately they gave me the runaround transferring my call to who ever would give me the time of day. After the 4th person I had enough and made the salesperson walk to someone who could help me. That person said she would personally take care of it and that it wasn't ordered. It is week 3 I went in there today because I was in the market for a microwave. The salesman came up and I asked about my kick plate. He said I would have to go to customer service. Really pissed now I told him he better look into it. He came back with no answers. Where is the customer service? I cannot believe how bad these people are at simple tasks. This is the Fort Wayne indiana location. I will never go back. I went to ABC warehouse and the salesman went out of his way to help me so I bought my new microwave from him.}
 15th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes

Hhgregg - Buyer Beware
hhgregg
Manassas
Virginia

I purchased a dishwasher from hhgregg after being told it could be delivered the next day. Next day turned into a promise of 4 days later. Then found out they had no idea when they could ever deliver it. They promised to refund my credit card the purchase price of $1, 020. Then they said they processed the refund. It still has not been processed. They sold a product they could not deliver and now are stalling to give me my money back. I had to file a dispute with my credit card company to have them go after my refund. This company is bad news. I will never purchase anything from them ever again. They are not a reputable store.

hhgregg/ GE - Ripped Off
hhgregg
Buford
Georgia

I purchased a GE dishwasher from hhgregg just over a year ago. after about 4 months it stopped draining water so I called for a service call. When the service was scheduled the guy called me and said he was in the neighborhood and should be there in 30 minutes. He never showed, That was a half a day off work. The following week we got it rescheduled, the guy came out and said he had to kill the power to the dishwasher, so he killed the power to the whole house. He could not figure out how to turn it back on, so we had to call an electrician to turn it on. $150.00 and another half a day off work. Another service technician finally came out and got the dishwasher to work, another half a day off work. about 3 or 4 months later the dishwasher stopped pumping the water out again. A service technician came out and said he had to order a part, another half day off work. The technician got the part and fixed the dishwasher, another half day off work. About a week before Thanksgiving, the dishwasher stopped pumping water out and hhgregg was called. They informed us that GE was now responsible for the repair of the dishwasher. The GE technician was contacted and a service call was schedule for the day before thanksgiving, another half day off work. The technician called the house 30 minutes before his scheduled arrival time and stated that he had priority calls and was not going to respond. We have informed GE and hhgregg that they now need to either replace the dishwasher or refund our money. They have refused to do either and said they had to send another technician to see what the problem was. With all the time taken off from work and pay lost we could have bought another dishwasher. I informed hhgregg that I would picket their store until they replaced the dishwasher, they said go ahead. Last Sunday i spent 4 hours outside the Mall of Georgia Store with a sign that read, " I was ripped off by hhgregg". I intend to be back this weekend with the same sign.

Through Hh Gregg/range - damage
repair through HH Gregg
Beavercreek/Xenia
Ohio

I have a question. A few weeks ago I had a man come in to fix my oven. He repeated several times he was not responsible for any damage done while he was fixing my oven. I took the molding off so he could pull the range out away from the wall. He chipped my brand new counter top and said "ah you can just glue it back". Then he said he had to order the part and it would be here in a couple days. A week later I called to check on when it would be here. They could not find a work order for it si they had to order it. All this time I could not use my oven. Finally the part got here and I called for a technician to come fix it. I was surprised when he just unscrewed the top panel and fixed it. The range did not have to be moved out at all!! I would like to know who is going to pay to have my counter top replaced!!
 19th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes
I BOUGHT THE BEST WASHER EVER BUILT ACCORDING TO THE SALESMAN FOR HHGREGG. IT IS A MAYTAG NEPTUNE. I HAVE HAD IT REPAIRED THREE TIMES FOR THE SAME PROBLEM AND AM WAITING FOR THE REPAIRMAN AT THIS MOMENT TO DO IT AGAIN AND MAKE IT THE 4TH TIME. HAD I NOT BOUGHT THE SERVICE WARRANTY IT WOULD HAVE COST ME ANOTHER 7 OR 8 HUNDRED DOLLARS ABOVE AND BEYOND THE COST OF THE WASHER. HHGREGG ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY ONCE IT LEAVES THEIR STORE I'VE SPENT MY LAST DIME AT HHGREGG.
 19th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes
My complaint is just poor customer service. My husband and I recently went to buy a washer machine, the salesman which was fifty year old or older was fine. While he assisted us with our purchase a younger sales clerk he acted as if her were 15 years old heard a song that he liked and her began to dance and make sounds pertaining to this being his song. The person in charge who had just come to sign off on our transaction looked smiled and said nothing. I really choose not to purchase any other items from this store its seems to be run by kids with other kids hanging around in the store talking. We as a customer pay the salary of these people . The stores need to send the employee's to training before they go bankrupt. Too many babies are running companies with no customer service skills. I urge you to make your complaints when you visit this store or any store with poor service to stop this type of service or it will only get worse.
 19th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes

HH Gregg - No service after the sale!

I spent over $7500 in HH Gregg in less than a year. I bought an LG dryer ($800) and have had problems every since. They have been out to repair it for the same problem 4-5 times, but the company only has one repair service in their system! What is that about? I am not asking for a new one, which should have been given to me after the third time it stopped drying!! I have been trying, with no success, for 2 weeks to get a repair person out to my house or even to call me back!! The customer service sucks! They are unwilling to help you and say that there is not a supervisor around which is a complete crook! I will never buy anything else from them and have talked a bunch of people out of buying their products. I would rather pay a few bucks more and get help when I need it than to step foot in another HH Gregg. They are a bunch of thieves!

Hh Gregg Appliances Inc - Waste of time
Hh Gregg Appliances Inc

I phoned the Huntsville, AL hhgregg store to see if they would match the price I had found on the Internet for a TV. After checking with a manager, the sales person said it would not be a problem. After an hour drive, I arrive at the store only to find they would not honor the price. I was patronized and belittled. I understand if they can't match Internet pricing. But...I should have been told upfront. This particular store and manager needs to learn how to communicate better and review their customer satisfaction practices.

Hhgregg - Didn't deliver on time
HHGregg

I purchased a fridge and stove in November. First, they didn't deliver it within the three hour window - they didn't even deliver it on the right day!! They offered me a $100 credit for all the trouble, but haven't honored that yet. When I called to inquire about the credit, I talked with a guy named E.J. (the same guy who dealt with the problems in the first place) and he didn't even remember the problem, even though it had only been two weeks prior! He said he gets so many complaints and so many trucks break down that he couldn't remember my delivery. And he's in the local store! Don't shop with HH Gregg if you want care about your time or your money!!

Hhgregg - Poor company to purchase anything
HHGregg

We purchased a DVR Recorder from HH Gregg that wound not record. Model no. DVR 620, paid for a 2 year replacement plan SERWT 2-2. I exchanged for a new one. We were moving and didn’t have a chance to use it. At our new address we had time to hook it up and found it had nearly no sound. We had checked to be sure all was hooked up right. Friday 6-6-2012 i tried to return the recorder and the store MGR would not take it back.He indicated i would have to send it back to Toshiba. I sent it back at a cost of $25.00.

The sales guy 1J55 Jason Marchand at HH Gregg was great to work with but the MGR and girl at the return desk were not.
 19th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes
After the first statement came, did you happen to notice the due date and know that your payment would be due on this date every month?

Did you need a piece of paper to tell that to you? My suggestion would be to get your bills in order. You should know what time your bills are due every month. Its up to you to protect your credit, not the lender.
 19th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes
DS1 delivery is not same day delivery. On your sales reciept it said you were going to get the tv on the 29th. You bought the tv on the 28th and expected it to be delivered on the 28th and you called at 1:35 which would have only been a couple hours after buying the tv to start complaining. On top of all that you jump on here less than 24 hours later to type up this fake complaint.

HH Gregg Logo HH Gregg