logo

lies and warranty

Jess
Lagrange, Ohio
hadamo88@aol.com
I purchased a 2005 Road King Classic.(new) and at the same time I purchased the $1300.00 unlimited mileage, seven year, life of the loan, extended warranty, which I haven't used until now. Last weekend I noticed my clutch lever was getting harder to pull. It engaged and disengaged in the same place it always does. I decided to take it to Lake Erie Harley Davidson in Avon, Ohio. I explained the problem to them and told them, while they're at it, give it an oil change. A few hours later, they called my home and told me that the clutches were not slipping and they would remove and bead blast them and didn't see any other problems. I told them I wasn't concerned with the costs because the bike was still under the extended warranty. The following day I received yet another call and they informed me that the bike was ready to go. They also told me that the "warranty was voided" due to a reduced effort clutch kit that I had installed. And it was installed incorrectly, which voided the warranty. I went to CENTURY HARLEY DAVIDSON IN MEDINA, OHIO (where I purchased the bike) and asked them "what was a reduced effort clutch kit, since I didn't know what the hell it was, and asked them "why would I want one?" and "Who installed it?" We looked in the computer records and found no record of an installation of this device. They explained to me what it was. I asked them for a print out of my account of service done at their dealership. I then went to a Custom Builder and asked him how this thing works. He produced the kit for me to see and walked me thru how it operated. (this part only goes on ONE way) For one, the kit is NOT on my bike. (and was told it was installed wrong) The mechanic showed me that this device only installs ONE way, and work. There is no such thing as installing this device incorrectly. The clutch system will not work. I called LAKE ERIE HARLEY DAVIDSON and called them a damn liar. The device was NEVER put on my bike, and if it had been. It wouldve impossible to pull it off the lot since they said it was installed incorrectly. Now they aren't wanting to honor my warranty (which is UNLIMITED) because of a device that I NEVER HAD INSTALLED but they say I did. There are no records anywhere of this being installed on my bike. The total costs of everything they did are almost $600 and I AM NOT PAYING IT...Harley Davidson and I will be meeting in Court. May the best man win.. :)
Comments United States Motorcycles & Scooters
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Phishing In a Store