logo

Asianet
quality of program
4. (17 mins ago)
Fisher & Paykel DCS 5 burner stove
Defective stovetop and no way to get it repaired or replaced!
5. (18 mins ago)
TideStore.com
Not only are they terrible to customers, but the quality of their stuff is HORRIBLE

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Angie Turner

Can't cancel auto ship

Guthy Renker
guthyrenker.com
I have been trying all day to call the number included on my order to cancel the auto ship for the Chaz Dean/Wen haircare system. The message I get is "Due to extremely high call volume we're unable to process your call at this time. Your call is important to us. Please try your call at another time." I did email them and tell them to cancel the shipment, but I've got a feeling that's not going to work. If they ship it, I'll dispute the charges. It infuriates me, first with myself for falling for such a scam, and with them, for pulling it in the first place. And I saw them selling the product on QVC just a few weeks ago as well. I wonder if they're aware of what a scam Chaz Dean is running? Maybe I should post a complaint over there too!
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Sep, 2009 by   JozieB -1 Votes
Use the "Safe Card" feature with your credit card provider. It can set up a brand new, one-time-use number with the exact cost you want to charge, for times when you want to order something oneline, etc. This stops these crooks in their tracks if they don't stop auto-ship like you request! Bank of America provides this feature. Not sure about other credit card providers.
 17th of Sep, 2009 by   ry85 -1 Votes
Do you guys know the number to call if we are calling from overseas, for example Australia?
 30th of Oct, 2009 by   dolphingirl006 +1 Votes
I bought WEN on QVC and I like the product. It is expensive so I can't use it everyday, but I do notice a difference. I looked on the Guthy Renker site thinking of ordering the sample 30 day supply. It DOES clearly state that 'WEN® Healthy Hair Care System 30-day supply Sweet Almond Mint for only $29.95 plus $5.95 s&h. By ordering now, you'll receive your first 30-day supply with Free Bonuses, and you’ll automatically receive a new 90-day supply delivered to your home every three months, and you lock in the discount price of just $29.95 a month plus $7.95 s&h per shipment. - ZDEC1 "I copied directly from the website. Like buying a car, always read all the fine print!!! Buyer beware on all products.
 8th of Nov, 2009 by   baldie -1 Votes
chaz dean MADE MY MOMS HAIR FALL OUT. she may have to get a lawyer for loss of hair.they gave her money back but that doesent help the hair that mom has lost.i feel that chaz dean should call my mom and apoligize for moms lost hair.it is not growing back.my mother is so embarresed she is wearing hair pieces.
 14th of Nov, 2009 by   lsdream 0 Votes
I called the number from the infomercial and the lady tried to sign me up for autoship. I told her No, I didn't want autoship and she seemed insistent. I told her I just wasn't going to order at all and then she got friendly and told me I didn't have to sign up for autoship. So I got the product and 30 days later there was a $100 charge to my account, for Guess What Auto Ship!!! I was very very mad. Couldn't find number for Chaz Dean so I googled Guthy Renker. The first thing that came up was a complaint about the same thing happening to them and that Chaz Dean told them to ship the product back and they would refund. But wouldn't refund the amount to ship it back or the amount paid to ship it there. So I didn't have a good feeling at all. I called Guthy Renker and they gave me a number for Chaz Dean. I asked the guy at GR if this was teh place I would call to get handle an unauthorized charge to my CC. He said, yes, but that if I didn't get help from them to call him back. So I called CD office and you could tell I wasn't the first person who had called complaining because she sounded like a recording. Blah Blah, send it back. No can't refund the shipping. I told her that there was no miscommunication with the rep when I ordered that she KNEW I didn't want autoship because I was going to cancel my order altogether. the CD rep said "Well, if you get the inital order at the reduced cost, you automatically sign up for autoship". I told her that was not explained to me at all and I intended to get a full refund. She basically said "Can I help you with anything else today, Ma'am." As if the conversation was over. So I called back to GR pretty peeved and they put me through to someone. I told them that their name was getting dragged through the mud along with Chaz Dean because the first website that came up was a complaint board. They gave me a full refund without my having to send the product back beforehand. When the product arrived, I shipped it back. So I was out some money but not as much as I would have been. I will never do business with anyone that has an autoship program at all again. Certainly never with Chaz Dean. If it hadn' t been for GR, I would have been out over $30 I am sure.
 24th of Nov, 2009 by   pedler1949@comcast.net 0 Votes
I ordered the product through the ad on TV and paid the $35.90 that was due by my credit card. I received the product and started using it right away. After the 3rd time of using it, I noticed a large loss of hair. Then in 30 days, I received a second debit on my credit card for $37.90 without my approval. I called the company and waited for ever to speak to a human. I was told that it is an auto shipment and an auto billing but I explained that I did not authorize a second order or another charge. They informed me that when the product came in the mail, I had to send it back to them (at my expense) then they would credit my account. I never received that shipment so I disputed the charge. Now I received a statement from the company, Chaz Den, for a total of $97.80 that does not have any explanation on it other than my credit card had a charge back. This is a complete scam. I told them when I disputed the 2nd charge that I was unhappy with the product as it made my hair fall out and believe me, it did. If worse comes to worse, I will get a lawyer and sue this company as they are extremely dishonest and will continue to send and bill you for their products and if you don't pay, you will get ever larger bills.
RIP OFF and DON'T BUY THEIR PRODUCTS!!!
 9th of Dec, 2009 by   brubbs10 0 Votes
JUST DID IT! I ordered this for my wife and 4 weeks later no product or receipt or nothing. The only number that works is the 1-800-964-1892. You have to cancel with them because I GURANTEE you are signed up for auto shipping. Thanks for posting that number! What a jackass. Gives gay people a REALLY bad look Chaz!
You m... fu...!!!lol
 12th of Dec, 2009 by   dissapionted 0 Votes
i have made a order 2 weeks ago and yet i still havnt recieved my product what the fuck!!! and what is the New-zealand number for contacting them because i have tried all the nuimbers stated in the complaints and they are all not working...?i payed 79.00 for my product and yet i still havnt recieved it fuken bastards >:(
 26th of Dec, 2009 by   liz2 0 Votes
i am in total agreement with the customers i experienced the same problem and i believe that the automatic shipment and trial needs to be explained clearly because it is very misleading. i am so disappointed with this company and i am happy to see that others are voicing their disgust.
 1st of Jan, 2010 by   ProductReviews 0 Votes
Some Assistance for all you Pissed Guthy-Renker Customers (I feel for you!)

WEN Customer Service# (800) 964-1892
Website: www.WENhaircare.com

If that doesn't work, call Guthy-Renker Corporate at (800) 274-4910, dial zero (0) for Customer Relations. Their non-toll free number is 1-760-773-9022. I suggest when you call their toll-free Corporate number that you dial Extension# 5517 for Renee Miller, an agent who has really helped me with my situation.
 3rd of Jan, 2010 by   ProductReviews 0 Votes
For serious problems with Guthy-Renker, you will need to contact their Corporate Offices at (800) 274-4910 and dial extension# 5001 for Customer Relations. Below I have their mailing address:

Guthy Renker
41-550 Eclectic St., Suite# 200
Palm Desert, CA 92260
Hours: 9am-5pm Pacific Time (Weekdays)
www.guthy-renker.com

Suggestion: When calling the toll-free number 1-800-274-4910, I suggest you contact Renee Miller at ext#5517, she has helped me with problems I've had with GR, and she's very polite and kind.
 6th of Jan, 2010 by   pevans 0 Votes
I actually was able to cancel my orders. I cancelled due to the fact that I was getting orders too quickly. I had a stockpile of products. I was able to cancel orders, and they now send me reminders of ordering time. I happen to ove the product and have seen a difference in my hair, and when the time comes I will reorder.
 6th of Jan, 2010 by   A22 0 Votes
I checked on here before ordering this product, just to "check it out." I would be totally livid and I'm glad I researched first! If I were ALL you guys, espcially the ones who have cancelled and are still being charged, I would contact the US attorneys office... there are enough complaints that they may be able to terminate their "business" and force them to return the installments...???
 11th of Jan, 2010 by   sandybbb 0 Votes
Yes, I agree with everyone! Itried to cancel my Chaz Dean 3 months ago. And every month after until today, They Keep telling me its canceled and no more charges will be put on my credit card. And each month after they are charging my account. Ive talked with a Tiffany, tracy and today Dustin. noone really seems to care. They keep telling me this will be the last time. I did send a shippment unopened back, say that was was I was paying for. I told him It takes over 2 1/2 months for them to recieve and then credit my account. he said sometimes even longer. I told him that Chaz Dean is a scam!!! What else can be done.
 29th of Jan, 2010 by   fellathedog 0 Votes
I would contact the B.B.B.
That's all it takes.
 2nd of Feb, 2010 by   chellechelle 0 Votes
I loved it, I still have some although I did cancel, ( and had absolutly not problem doing so.) I only canceled because I had pleanty to last me. I am about to run out so I will be ordering some more, but from the Chaz Dean web site, not the Guthey Runker site. I have recomended this product to everyone I know and I will continue to do so.
 3rd of Feb, 2010 by   L.Mac 0 Votes
Hi all, I've read through most of the comments and with a couple of exceptions it seems that most of you are fed up with their business practices, that I get and was glad that I found this information out before I ordered from their site, however I would really like to know are you happy with the product? Does it do what the commericials state? and if you didn't have the auto-ship issue, would you refer others to use the WEN hair care product? Thx a bunch for your candid responses.
L. Mac
 4th of Feb, 2010 by   alpengal 0 Votes
I think it ROCKS!! My hair hasn't been this thick and shiny and soft since I was in college..I'm 51 years young. It was amazing at first but over time, it has been incredible. I get hi/lo lites and still no frizz. I mask my hair before and after color. Color is better and lasts longer. I'm hooked.
 14th of Feb, 2010 by   Bevyb821 0 Votes
I ordered this in December and within a week of receiving the product, I created an on-line account and changed my frequency to 20 weeks for the next delivery as I knew that I wouldn't use this shampoo on a daily basis. About a week ago, I rec'd a big box. When I checked on-line, my next delivery date was changed to June when it had originally been May. So I called (800-964-1892) based on the info from other posters and talked with a guy who was very helpful. He apologized and said it was their mistake. He asked if he could switch me to an invoice plan where they send me a message/letter reminding me that it's time to order and I have to call and tell them it's OK to send it. I saw another poster did the same thing...so I hope it really works.

I will say this about the product, for the few times I have used it on my hair, I like it and I seem to get more compliments on my hair those days. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd probably use it a couple of times a week.
 14th of Feb, 2010 by   Eliza123 -1 Votes
Made my hair fall out too. I cancelled and that was that. However I now have very thin hair instead of thick.

5 Tips For Outlet Shopping