GT Express Ready Set Go

GT Express
104 Natalie Drive
Swansea, Illinois
Phone: 618-257-8384
After watching infomercial about new GT Express Ready Set go product, I decided to order online. When paying for order I noticed they charged me for a receipe club that I had clicked No Thanks to. Because I figured I could straighten this out after I placed the order I continued to process the order. I also noticed the shipping and handling increased from $17 to $22. I tried to call customer service and found out they were closed. I sent an email instead with of course no reply. I finally talked to their customer service to be told that I clicked yes to the recipe club and after insisting that I knew better they said they would refund $4.95 to me. I insisted on the $9.95 and they said okay. Nothing was mentioned about the additional shipping and handling. I asked if item had shipped and of course they told me it was in the process and they could not cancel. The selling points on this item in the informercial is the installment payments and free expidited shipping. I ordered Saturday and this is Wednesday and it still has not shipped and was told 7-10 days after it did ship and that was their expidited shipping because normally it takes 20 days. They charged me the full amount also, and said I choose that option also. The original product is a good product, who knows about this new product, but it sadens me that they have resorted to these shady business products. I will be reporting to the Better Business Bureau. Oh, I was also told to refuse package, but I will probably not be able to recover all of the money I have been charged, and I shipped to my home and will not be home to refuse it.
Complaint comments Comments (93) Complaint country United States Complaint category Other
More GT Express Ready Set Go Complaints & Reviews
GT Express Ready Set Go - pans

Comments

North Vancouver
British Columbia
Canada
Phone: 604-980-1139

Please advise how to get into your website www.rd.ca/ipodtouch - just received card with my Readers Digest in yesterday's mail.

Jo-Anne
 18th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
I would also like to know how to access www.rd.ca/ipodtouch. Please email me with the answer.
 18th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
Also cannot access. This is the second time that I've received a card with info to access this address, but...can't!
 18th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
This is the second time I've tried to access this site, but am unable to.
My complaint is similar to the others above.7bc5e
cannoy

cannot access www.rd.ca/ipodtouch
 18th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
W H Y ...DID YOU.. B.O.T.H.E.R.. TO SEND ME THE "WIN A NEW IPOD"...CARD...WHEN YOU WERE FULLY AWARE...IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO ACCESS ???????????????????????????????????????????????

I DO NOT THINK THAT TO BE GOOD ADVERTISEMENT??? DO YOU?????

PJT
 18th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
this is the second contest by readers digest where there website is inaccessible. pretty poor on there behalf.
 27th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

Residence
India

To whom it may concern.

We are BSNL telephone subscriber more than 10 years, We have been registering complaints everyday to the concern department, therefore the complaint has been registered more than 20 times but there is no action has been taken till date and my phone bearing No.080-23338793.

please take acation on this.

Regards
A.Rasheed
 10th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
PLEASE GET ME OFF YOUR LIST OR i WILL REPORT YOU THE PROPER AUTHORITIES NEXT TIME.
 2nd of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes

residence - Teflon peels and children ate it

I would like to cancel any membership I now have with you, as of this date 12/2/2008...order # 15854529
 9th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
My Mom was taken advatage of this company. She declined the additional items and cookbooks, but they charged her for them anyway, . It should have been $56.00 and they charged $97.50. To send it back will be another $20..00. It will be a total loss of $48.00 to receive nothing. The people you talk to are in Manilla.
This is such a scam. I don't know how we can recoup her money.
She's on a fixed income with high medical expenses.
I am saddened that this stuff is still on TV, taking advantage of people.
They told me she did it automated on the phone, yet I know she spoke with a live person. I called a couple times and it was not automated.
 15th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Maybe you should have waited for it to come to stores as everything As Seen on TV usually ends up in stores, usually Walgreens or Bed, Bath and Beyond. I, too, have had bad experiences ordering things off TV or internet which is why I wait for it to come to stores and then there is no way those unfortunate sneaky things can happen because you are buying it straight off the shelf instead of dealing with the internet and having to worry about proving whether you joined some club or not or whether you were charged for more shipping than was advertised. I am planning on buying the product, but I never order anything like that over the phone or internet anymore because of those situations. I ordered something from Richard Simmons several years ago and had to threaten Attorney General on their butts before finally getting every cent back. It turns out that everytime we would get on the phone with them, we were told a different thing everytime about how long it would take to get there and it turned out that they promised a replacement after it being stolen off our doorstep of an apt building (UPS is not supposed to leave anything on a doorstep of an apt building to begin with) and a kid stole it, thinking it was cartoon videos (it was the same company as that who makes cartoon videos)..well, they proved that they lied about shipping the replacement at all. My husband now, when we deal with any customer service about bad service, makes note on the computer about the date, time and person spoken to and what was said so that the next time we get somebody, he can read off exactly how the last discussion went and who was spoken to about it because they lie about making notes on their side. I never trust ordering over the internet unless it is Amazon.com because they have a proven record of good service. We have NEVER had a bad experience with Amazon.com that I remember and have always been quick with shipping something out, usually books or movies. Any problems have always been handled professionally. I suggest Amazon.com next time.
 15th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
I just want to make a further comment that we did go to Better Business Bureau even after we got the money back and Goodtimes Home Video showed up as several previous names and addresses and over 500 complaints. Each time they would get a complaint against them, they would change their name and move. I don't trust anything with Richard Simmons anymore and prefer to buy any workout videos at the Academy store or right off the shelf. If I can't find it there, I wasn't meant to have it. Also, anything As Seen on Tv, I wait for it to come out in stores because eventually everything does and there is no shady anything with it. It is straightforward and you save yourself the headache of shipping charges and being at the mercy of customer service.
 18th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
I too was scammed by this company. I turned them over to the BBB and the Federal Trade Commission. I purchased the red ReadiSetGo and I found that:

1. The company engages in unethical billing practices.
2. They shipped a bunch of crap that I did NOT ordered and billed my credit card for the mess.
I sent several emails that were returned undeliverable and phone calls fell on deaf ears and the customer services reps are all foreigners who can't speak English.
3. I had to get the bank involved to get my money back for the crap that I returned. The claim is that if you use their label that you do not have to pay shipping to return the items, however the amount of my refund for the unwanted/unordered items was less shipping. That is when I got the bank involved to get the money back.
4. Then the basic set that I DID order is not what it claims to be. The ad states that the unit has a nonstick surface. WRONG! The unit is covered in cheap Chinese black paint-NOT Teflon. AFter about 5 uses, the black coating started bubbling up and cracking. Now I have a unit with the paint chipping off of it. I have to cover the bottom with aluminum foil and I am concerned about lead poisoning since it was made in China (China has been in the news lately due to the dry wall that is making people sick)
5. Also the telephone ordering service (the number listed on the infomercial) has been set up to keep adding charges and items to the order, even when you say NO loud and clear that you do not want the items. Then the answer service will say something to the effect of "Let's go ahead and add that to your order. We can always go back and change it later." When I realized what was happening, I immediately hung up and called the customer service number to make sure that those things hadn't been added to my order. The young boy who answered the phone told me that "the order didn't go through." However, about a 2 days later, I get a shipment of the junk I didn't even want, in spite of not even completing the telephone order process (I was never given an order confirmation number either.) When I called the customer service number again and complained about them shipping me those unwanted/unordered items, the little girl on the phone got smart with me and said well you provided your credit card number at the beginning of the phone call. I told her it didnt' matter what I provided because I hung up and never completed the order and never received an order confirmation number either.

I am so fed up with this company and its false claims that I am not even going to bother returning the defective unit, especially since I had so much hassle trying to return things that I didn't even order.
 19th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
UPS policy dictates that a driver can release a package to any apartment or home as long as 1.) He/She feels it's a safe area... 2.) Shipper has coded package as 'Shipper Release' ...the ONLY time a package is NOT released is if the customer has their address FLAGGED as "Signature Required" or if there are a large amount of claims made in that area.
 19th of Jul, 2009 by    -1 Votes
Thanks for telling me, i was going to purchase one, but now...no way!
 23rd of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
My friend ordered this item and loves the ease of use and says the food is great, but she too was duped and charged extra for things she did not order nor received.
I personally would love to have one, but will wait for it to come to a local store. I did finally speak with a live person who stated they only take the orders and the actual custoner service numer of the company is different from what is listed on the web site. Supposedly it is 800 357 9213. I voiced my concerns about overblling and was given the option of sending in payment by money order ($56.85). Takes a little longer to receive, but nothing to add charges to. Also using a "postal" money order affords you the support of the postal service against ffraudulent activities.

But, I will still wait til its available locally.
 26th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
This is a sham! do not order it! the product is god but they take you for a tone of dough! wait to by it in a store like bd bath and beyondeasier to deal with! beware do not order over phone! DeAnna Dallas, Tx
 13th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
I just ordered a ptoduct from them and had no trouble at all. All I had to do was read each page on their web site and select "No thanks" when it was something I did not want. At the end of the order it gave ma confirmation number and clearly spelled out what I would be charged. I have a felling that some of the complaints are by people that did not carefully read what they were ordering.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree