logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Merrywood Loans.co.uk
unauthorised use of card details
2. (7 mins ago)
shoe palace
store policy/lack of customer service
4. (9 mins ago)

Posted: 2013-01-14 by    TheTBOSS

Refund

Groupon
California
Purchased event tickets for Queen Mary and the Ice Chill for December Holidays. I purchased the tickets and made the reservations with the event as instructed. Due to work I was unable to attend the event. When I contacted Groupon Customer Service they denied my refund based on a "7 day after the purchase date" rule. The problem with that is you had to purchase the tickets more than 7 days before the event to get the discount! The 7 days came and went before I was even able to attend the event. I explained this to the customer service representatives and was the told I could hold on to the voucher and apply it to the same event next year. So my only option was waiting a year to hope that the same event would be available and that I would be able to attend. I went back and forth several times with the company and they absolutely refused to give me a refund. The amount is over $100, so we aren't talking about a tiny amount of money here. The event/service did not suffer any damage or cost because I didn't attend, there simply isn't any reason not to refund my money. I have also posted this on FaceBook and a few other places in the hopes no one else gets scammed.
Comments United States Entertainment
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Jan, 2013 by   TheTBOSS -1 Votes
Yea, I get that. I purchased the event tickets about 3 weeks ahead of time to get the discount (which wasn't much of one in the 1st place). I was unable to attend about 4-5 days prior to the event due to work. If I had known earlier I would have notified them earlier. It's not rocket science here. There was not adverse reaction because I didn't go, the vendor wasn't out any money, labor, materials, etc. There isn't any reason I shouldn't have gotten a refund.
 15th of Jan, 2013 by   TheTBOSS 0 Votes
Yo, dufus, I didn't swear, that's how the characters were interpreted by the site, not me. Is your point just to be rude and a pain in the tookis? Look, they ripped me off for $100. Maybe that doesn't mean anything to you but it does to me and I don't want to see anyone else get stuck. I'm already out my money. Just trying to help someone else.

How to Get Back Overdraft Fees From Your Bank