Posted: 2013-01-14 by

Purchased event tickets for Queen Mary and the Ice Chill for December Holidays. I purchased the tickets and made the reservations with the event as instructed. Due to work I was unable to attend the event. When I contacted Groupon Customer Service they denied my refund based on a "7 day after the purchase date" rule. The problem with that is you had to purchase the tickets more than 7 days before the event to get the discount! The 7 days came and went before I was even able to attend the event. I explained this to the customer service representatives and was the told I could hold on to the voucher and apply it to the same event next year. So my only option was waiting a year to hope that the same event would be available and that I would be able to attend. I went back and forth several times with the company and they absolutely refused to give me a refund. The amount is over $100, so we aren't talking about a tiny amount of money here. The event/service did not suffer any damage or cost because I didn't attend, there simply isn't any reason not to refund my money. I have also posted this on FaceBook and a few other places in the hopes no one else gets scammed.
Complaint comments Comments (6) Complaint country United States Complaint category Entertainment
Was the above complaint useful?

15th of Jan, 2013 by    -1 Votes
Yea, I get that. I purchased the event tickets about 3 weeks ahead of time to get the discount (which wasn't much of one in the 1st place). I was unable to attend about 4-5 days prior to the event due to work. If I had known earlier I would have notified them earlier. It's not rocket science here. There was not adverse reaction because I didn't go, the vendor wasn't out any money, labor, materials, etc. There isn't any reason I shouldn't have gotten a refund.
 15th of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes
Yo, dufus, I didn't swear, that's how the characters were interpreted by the site, not me. Is your point just to be rude and a pain in the tookis? Look, they ripped me off for $100. Maybe that doesn't mean anything to you but it does to me and I don't want to see anyone else get stuck. I'm already out my money. Just trying to help someone else.
 22nd of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
Groupon india has closed ticket no. 1481692 and 1493470 per their records in case on a non working ezeecast dongle i purchased from them without giving me the refund.
 26th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
Hi ajay kalra,

We are really apologetic for the experience you had. We would need your Groupon voucher code, order ID and contact details at Social@Groupon.co.in to help you. Kindly provide us the same, so that we can escalate the issue

26th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
Hi ajay kalra,

We have received your details and are working on your complaint. We will respond to you shortly.

3rd of Sep, 2015 by    0 Votes
Dear Mr Kalra,

Our CS representatives have shared the service center details with you in the emails. Please send the product back to them, and we will assist you further.

Contact Us