Greendot Moneypak

Does not work

Worth, Illinois
Bought a moneypack at CVS - weird that they only accept cash for them.
Got home to add it to my paypal, the website refused to accept my (accurate, triple-checked) personal information. It's also fishy they ask for your SSN to accept a payment you've already made in cash.
After a few tries, the website finally decided it would not allow me to use MoneyPak anymore. Directing me to request a mailed cheque - I did not want a refund, so I waited till their call centre opened the next morning.
I decided to try it again before calling them, instead of the 'next' link forwarding me to the page where I enter personal information, it directs me to a *very similar* page requesting *very similar* personal information, which is pre-filled out (by saved form information in my browser). In my rush to try this before giving up and calling them, I click through, and find I have filed for a 7-10 day refund before I get my $200 back.
I call and ask them to correct this and help me get the MoneyPak to work, but they claim it is impossible - a request to speak to a supervisor results in my call being put on hold, during which I was dropped.

There are many other complaints about people using this business, and frankly, I have to wonder how much interest it generates keeping people's money based on manufactured issues for 7+ days at a time.

This is an appalling experience, and I would advise anyone to steer clear of MoneyPak forever.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful?

Contact Us