logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
GroutRevive.com
No info about the order and impossible to reach the seller
2. (13 mins ago)
The Honest Company
Continuing to autobill after multiple cancellations
3. (23 mins ago)

Posted: 2012-12-16 by    mjhMarkHill

Does not work

Greendot
Worth, Illinois
Bought a moneypack at CVS - weird that they only accept cash for them.
Got home to add it to my paypal, the website refused to accept my (accurate, triple-checked) personal information. It's also fishy they ask for your SSN to accept a payment you've already made in cash.
After a few tries, the website finally decided it would not allow me to use MoneyPak anymore. Directing me to request a mailed cheque - I did not want a refund, so I waited till their call centre opened the next morning.
I decided to try it again before calling them, instead of the 'next' link forwarding me to the page where I enter personal information, it directs me to a *very similar* page requesting *very similar* personal information, which is pre-filled out (by saved form information in my browser). In my rush to try this before giving up and calling them, I click through, and find I have filed for a 7-10 day refund before I get my $200 back.
I call and ask them to correct this and help me get the MoneyPak to work, but they claim it is impossible - a request to speak to a supervisor results in my call being put on hold, during which I was dropped.

There are many other complaints about people using this business, and frankly, I have to wonder how much interest it generates keeping people's money based on manufactured issues for 7+ days at a time.

This is an appalling experience, and I would advise anyone to steer clear of MoneyPak forever.
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

How to Save Even if Missed Cash for Appliance Clunkers