logo

Posted: 2012-05-21 by    b2k14gc

Stolen Money

Green Dot
Salem, Oregon
I used this card for around a couple of years and all seemed well, until. short story I loaded a few grand with a few moneypaks. And over the next couple months spent the money. during this time i had to get a rental car, the rental company places a hold of $50, for deposit, and as i had the car for a month they placed another hold for $150 and one more for $600. When the car was returned i had a positive amount of approx. $400 in my greendot account. and was very sure of this amount as i kept a tracking system as usual for my spending. Well the car rental company for amazing and exceptional, so as usual they charged me the final amount for my rental of approx. $670. So with a balance of only 400 my account went negative, but only for a few days as the deposits were suppose to drop off within 3 days. Green dot has a manual drop off date of 90 days if the charging company does not take the funds... well within a week the 50 and 150 had dropped off. and my account was still negative $70. after two weeks this did not drop, so I called greendot to see whats up. And all they needed was a confirmation note from the rental company to release funds with a couple of signatures faxed to them... Well the rental was more than happy to help, So I literally did this phone calls with greendot 4 times with the rental company on the phone and they faxed the paper multiple times over the course of a month. These phones calls taking a ridiculous amount of time with many holds and high hold times... but much of mine money was at stake and I am never one to get irrate or mean on the phone since i hate when others do that... But getting back to the complaint... So after many failed attempts I was in no more mood to call and have to re-explain my situation to a new person each call. So i looked at greendots policy and decided to stop using the card and simple wait the 90 days for the manual drop of the deposit and my money to be available. Well the day comes and funny enough the deposit finally dropped ( mind you i checked the account multiple times leading to this point and even the days before, it was still on there). But very annoyingly my account balance was empty, and even worse with a couple of monthly fees tacked on... Like im expected to pay after they stole 500+ from me. So I again call greendot, But this time is absolutely terrible, because if you have ever called this terrible company that saves money by hiring over seas and cuts corners (apparently) you would notice they speak very bad english and understand less (likely, to pretend to understand less, also likely hired so as to act confused so the customer gives up, proof later...) I hate talking this "smack" and feel stupid for it, but honestly its true and I cant help but be upset by this and Im the most mellow punching bag person you could know. Anyways... So Im trying to explain and trying to think how to explain that 3 months ago a deposit was on my account. While they are on their computer trying to see this deposit hold that has dropped and is no longer there and no sign of it... So they ask the typical questions like when did i deposit the money and blah blah blah... But its very hard to explain everything that has happened, so i tell them look. If you just add all of money and from transactions you would see it adds to exactly the amount missing. Funny enough I had done this with their online transaction history, it matched perfectly with my own and showed hundreds missing even though online it says im negative 11.90.(fees). So they get very confused and say they cant see any deposit from said rental company and they ask to put me on hold... after an hour the phone disconnects... I call again to get a new person and start the process over, after much time I am put on another hold. 4 hours later I hang up and give up on this whole thing.

Regardless they lost a good customer that constantly recommended and told people to buy, and now working at retail stores I spread my story and warn others. I have another company that I love, They offer many great features and awesome surprises, even randomly gave me a better membership and cut my fees. So forget greendot. This happened early 2011, and I have checked the account multiple times and still never received my money back. Thanks again for screwing me. If I can help one person with this post, Then maybe i can feel some retribution for my lost money. Also all aspects of products/ customer experience should be kept within the country of use/purchase/care/etc.

Thank you for your time.
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Bank Cards Scams 2