logo

shoes

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Grand Canyon University, Phoenix, Arizona Complaints & Reviews - Class Action Lawsuit

Grand Canyon University Contacts & Informations

Grand Canyon University

Posted: 2012-07-22 by    GCU Class Action Lawsuit

Class Action Lawsuit

Grand Canyon University
Phoenix, Arizona
We have read hundreds of complaints by ripped off students and mistreated former faculty members. A class action lawsuit is truly in order. Please contact us at GCUclassactionlawsuit (This is a Yahoo account) if you are interested in joining the class action lawsuit.
Comments United States Colleges and Universities
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Sep, 2012 by   DBennett 59 +1 Votes
I too am a victim of the Grand Canyon University ripoff, I finished my degree the first of June and have not recieved my dipolma and I am not going to because of a book loan for 220 they have not even bothered to contact me/ I had to pay them 150 for that dipoloma and they are going to keep it, it is pure crap. They keep adding classes when I was about through just to run up the bill. Are they a crooked school yes, please if a lawsuit is started aganst them I want in it, this is just bull, I applied at the police station and they would not release my records
 9th of Dec, 2012 by   laughingdove +1 Votes
I am trying to find out about the class action lawsuit but the search takes me nowhere.(?????)
 11th of Dec, 2013 by   tpowels01 0 Votes
I am a victim and I would like to become involved in the class action suit, as this is unfair to all of us whom would like to continue our education and not be prevented from doing so. This institution has been fraudulent in the many of its practices including over rated charges and changing of billing statement and over billing loan servicing companies! Something has to be done immediately!
 29th of Apr, 2014 by   GCU Disappointment 0 Votes
Hello

I am a graduate of Grand Canyon Universities BSN program (Or so I thought).

After attending graduation, receiving two Pop up congratulatory messages for completing the program and receiving an e-mail from my academic adviser congratulating me on “Reaching the end of my journey”, I received an email asking me to past $150.00 for a graduation fee. After paying the fee, I called the school and was told that the transcripts and certificate would take 4-6 weeks. I called back later and was told it may be up to 6-8 weeks. I call today and am now told that I have to take an extra class. They are now telling me that I need to take an extra “upper level class.”

Is there still a class action lawsuit?
Whom should I contact to file a formal complaint?
How do I go about seeking legal adequate legal representation?
Please Help!
 29th of Apr, 2014 by   tpowels01 0 Votes
I can understand what you're dealing with, it been alot of contoversy with this institution and this is terrible as I am still a student also and this is terrible! I think this type of treatment needs to hit the news soon as this institution is for profit and they are actually ripping students off!
 23rd of Oct, 2014 by   TrudyDiMattia 0 Votes
I'm not so sure about this information. I hold a Bachelors Degree from Grand Canyon University in Sociology, a totally useless Degree. I then entered the Masters of Science Addiction Counselor Program, and I'm done the didactic studies, entering into Practicum. I had a hard time finding a site, finally I have one, but I have to pay out of pocket for it. The cost isn't bad, 990.00 each practicum. They state that Financial Aid doesn't pay for 2 credit courses. I'm 2 months behind finding a site and they send me a letter stating that I will have to return to school if I'm out 6 months due to new requirements or something to that effect. I wrote them and told them I would be seeking legal counsel to protect my interest. Then I got a much nicer letter. But still I'm wondering, what the truth is here. I don't really have the money for the Practicum, but I'll squeeze out of a Rock. However, I told them in the early stages what I wanted, to be a Social Worker, they put me in the Sociology Program, this didn't make me a Social Worker, though it was a good foundation, but I'm not satisfied with this institution either. I have many questions unaswered, but I did get my Sociology Degree, and I have all but 4 credits for the Masters. They just make it very hard at the end, and they didn't disclose that information in advance, it was like a huge surprise. I'm interested in talking to a lawyer, that's for sure, because I am in debt to the Gov't which is fine if I invested in something I can use, and I'm not so sure I can.

How to Invest Without Much Money