Good Housekeeping

Subscription Not Ordered/Invoiced

Hearst Corporation
PO Box 8464
Red Oak, Iowa
I never ordered Good Housekeeping and started receiving the magazine followed by an invoice. Since in Illinois if you receive something not ordered it is free I ignored the invoices. They keep coming. In addition at the same time this happened to my daughter who lives at the same address but in a different apartment.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Magazines & Newspapers
Was the above complaint useful?

7th of Jan, 2010 by    +1 Votes
My husband just received a collection notice from Sunrise Credit Services for Good Housekeeping subscription. He has never subscribed to this magazine and we have not received any copies of the magazine. We find this fraudulent.

Ever try to look for Customer Service number for Good Housekeeping, I don't believe it exists!! To try to find an E-mail contact to their customer service is also difficult.
 3rd of Apr, 2010 by    +1 Votes
HI, I am a consumer advocate in NYC. I have successfully settled several cases with Sunrise under the FDCPA. Feel free to contact me for free advice or representation.
Attorney Harvey Rephen
 9th of Apr, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I agree! Good Housekeeping also sent me a collection notice today. My mother used to get me a subscription every year for Christmas, but this year I told her not to. When I kept receiving it, I assumed she'd forgotten. I never renewed it myself or ordered it. I'm very upset and disappointed with Good Housekeeping.
 14th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have not ordered good housekeeping and all of a sudden I have received a collection notice from Sunrise Credit Service's. I have called your number and Sunrise number only to get a run around. I do not and will not go online to give information and would rather speak to someone directly. I do have family members who do receive or buy your magazine and will discourage them to buy it if this is not resolved, I do not have the time to be having to handle this situation to only be given a run around with telephone numbers. I plan on discussing this with Consumer Affairs next.

Contact Us