Posted:

1.25
golfnow.com
Typical of these types of sites. It's not that convenient, since I still have to call the golf course to check on maintenance status, cart path only (if it's rainy) and other issues. My biggest problem with site and others like it are:

1. They make a strong effort to peddle the 'discounted' times (these are the times they take from the golf courses for their 'fee' so it's all their money if they sell them). These are usually not the most desirable times either.

2. You have to pay 100% UP FRONT, and the only way to get a refund is if the course actually CLOSES that day due to weather. So if your schedule changes you're basically stuck (like a hotel reservation).

3. There is a "booking fee" which I find ABSURD.

4. Their selection is pretty weak most of the time.

I've been playing golf my entire life, and this type of technology really isn't welcome. I much prefer to interact with the pro shop personnel, review and select a tee time with him/her directly, and have the flexibility to change or reschedule. Use this site if you're so inclined (at least that's what the "mind control" advertising on Golf Channel will tell you to do), but for me and my golfing buddies it's a failed experiment.
Complaint comments Comments (9) Complaint country United States Complaint category Internet Services

Comments

8th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
It kills the courses! In some cases they are giving up 4 times and 12 players which in monthes like November 10% of the rouds for the day. The courses are getting the shaft on this one because they still need to provide a good product for these scalpers!
 15th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
As a golf website who was approached by GolfNow to provide their booking engine to our readers, we have had several complaints about them. One gentleman pressed "book it" 9 times and kept getting pushed back to the same page. He called me and asked for help and I couldn't find anyplace to send him for help on GolfNow. I finally removed the booking engine from our twoguyswhogolf.com website. We promote golf courses for a living - and only offered GolfNow as an alternative for when we run out of vouchers for the courses on our site. It turned out to be a bad experience for us as we were being blamed for GolfNow problems. You're better to book directly with course (or call us) - tell them the kind of deal you can get online and ask for price matching.
 10th of May, 2012 by    0 Votes

Golf now - Incredible
Illinois

If you use this website, you'd better to make sure that you don't change your mind or make a mistake. This guys make you jump many impossible hoops to make a change. Extremely frustrating.
 10th of May, 2012 by    0 Votes
If you use any website, you oughta take the time to read the terms and conditions, especially the policies relevant to returns/refunds/ & exhcanges. Buy in haste, regret at leisure.
 27th of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes

Golfnow.com - What a bunch of crocks
golfnow.com

This site has gone down the tube. Recently, I tried to book a time and finished entering my credit card number. As I clicked the button to purchase, it tells me that the tee time is no longer available. Now I am wondering whether my credit card was charged. It is so typical of late. They bait you with tee times on courses that you want to play, but as you click the "Book" button, it tells you that the tee time is no longer available and that you should look at other available tee times. What a bunch of crocks!
 17th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes

GolfNow - Worst Service Ever
GolfNow

I reserved a tee time on this Website on 9/13/12 at a course I've never played 40 miles away. I arrived at course and was informed it was closed. Called GolfNow and was told I was issued refund. And would receive 2 rounds free for the troubles and 80 miles of round trip driving with no golf at all. I then wait 4 days and call GolfNow cause I'm wanting to play golf. The rep told me they never issued refund but he will do it now? That was 4 days ago that should have been done. He said they never did. I asked about the free rounds and he acted like I was out of line and put me on hold for 10 mins. I hang up call back and ask for supervisor total hold time was 20 mins they even tried do the we will call you back move I waited 5 more on hold before supervisor picked up and said the refund is issued what's the big deal? I explained and she said sorry and I have to wait for any free rounds. I've waited 4 days already and on top of being lied to about initial refund being done. I feel If never would of called back I wouldn't of seen a dime. Guess I will never use them again and still hope I even get my refund. Anyone had this problem?
 23rd of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes
Ive had troubles with GolfNow as well. I switched completely to Golf Pipeline. They don't have tee times everywhere but the site is better and there are more golfer tools.
 21st of Oct, 2012 by    0 Votes
For those of us who dont make a million dollars a year golfnow allows us to golf more than 1 day a week. People are upset because more people are golfing on the course they think they own because they are old, rich, and stuck up. If i can golf a course for $20 rather than $60 then why wouldnt I. Seriously?
 12th of Aug, 2013 by    0 Votes
Had the same thing happen, not once, but over and over. Bait and switch is illegal, and I'm looking into filing a class action suit tomorrow. And yes, your money is held from your credit card for DAYS. Total scam. Total bait and switch. They cannot be allowed to get away with this.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree