logo

BES & Commercial Energy
Mis-sold energy contract & prices
3. (50 mins ago)
Weekly Youth Pay
Website is scam – don’t waste time
4. (1 hr 0 mins ago)
Essay writing companies - Scam & Fraud

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Golfnow.com Complaints & Reviews - I've been playing golf my entire life, and this type of technology really isn't welcome

Golfnow.com Contacts & Informations

Golfnow.com

Posted:    Gazina

Golfnow.com
golfnow.com
Typical of these types of sites. It's not that convenient, since I still have to call the golf course to check on maintenance status, cart path only (if it's rainy) and other issues. My biggest problem with site and others like it are:

1. They make a strong effort to peddle the 'discounted' times (these are the times they take from the golf courses for their 'fee' so it's all their money if they sell them). These are usually not the most desirable times either.

2. You have to pay 100% UP FRONT, and the only way to get a refund is if the course actually CLOSES that day due to weather. So if your schedule changes you're basically stuck (like a hotel reservation).

3. There is a "booking fee" which I find ABSURD.

4. Their selection is pretty weak most of the time.

I've been playing golf my entire life, and this type of technology really isn't welcome. I much prefer to interact with the pro shop personnel, review and select a tee time with him/her directly, and have the flexibility to change or reschedule. Use this site if you're so inclined (at least that's what the "mind control" advertising on Golf Channel will tell you to do), but for me and my golfing buddies it's a failed experiment.
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Nov, 2010 by   Golfer79 0 Votes
It kills the courses! In some cases they are giving up 4 times and 12 players which in monthes like November 10% of the rouds for the day. The courses are getting the shaft on this one because they still need to provide a good product for these scalpers!
 15th of Mar, 2012 by   Diana Shulist 0 Votes
As a golf website who was approached by GolfNow to provide their booking engine to our readers, we have had several complaints about them. One gentleman pressed "book it" 9 times and kept getting pushed back to the same page. He called me and asked for help and I couldn't find anyplace to send him for help on GolfNow. I finally removed the booking engine from our twoguyswhogolf.com website. We promote golf courses for a living - and only offered GolfNow as an alternative for when we run out of vouchers for the courses on our site. It turned out to be a bad experience for us as we were being blamed for GolfNow problems. You're better to book directly with course (or call us) - tell them the kind of deal you can get online and ask for price matching.
 21st of Oct, 2012 by   goody3 0 Votes
For those of us who dont make a million dollars a year golfnow allows us to golf more than 1 day a week. People are upset because more people are golfing on the course they think they own because they are old, rich, and stuck up. If i can golf a course for $20 rather than $60 then why wouldnt I. Seriously?

Identity-Fraud