Global Telelinks

Fraud & cheating!

If anyone of you are using services of Global Tele Link, be very careful while sharing your bank account / debit card details. I stopped using their services 3 months back. Y'day i was surprised to see some amount deducted from my bank account inspite of me not asking for renewal. When i checked them, they mentioned the agent could have done it without their knowledge.

So please watch out...
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country France Complaint category Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful?

7th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
I started my account with GLOBAL TELE LINK in July 2007 and I paid 110 $ for calls from cell phone and home phone to Pakistan, i was given a local phone no to dial for making international calls from the cell phone. i found out that all those calls were directly charged to my cell phone company and the service was not effective despite of using the local phone no to initiate the phone call. i have got cell phone bill for the month of July of 500$ and August 750$. I am planning to call the consumer affairs to complaint against GLOBAL TELE LINK COMPANY BASED IN INDIA. Do no use their service they are cheaters.
 13th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
I have been using Global Telelinks and can confirm that the service is very good. The complaint above of making the phone call using your cell phone is unreasonable as they clearly tell you that the call to the local number will be charged by your cell company.

The only thing that annoys me with Global Telelink is that they are very pushy and continue calling you to renew your account even after they have been repeatedly told not to.
 2nd of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
hey i,m also uasing olbaltelelinks its very good.....
compare to any other services....
And pls check bank statement ad any mistake is happened means pls call to your agent ad tell about your prob dey ll refound u....
weather its true...
For me they did....

GLOBAL TELE LINK COMPANY BASED IN INDIA, Do u know dey r not cheter....
 23rd of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I have been using Global Telelink Services for almost more than a year. I was getting very good service until now. May be because I never had any major problems so far. But now it was really disappointing when I called 1-800-205-8161 at 9:30 (eastern time). The operator put me hold for for more than 10 min and hung up on me. I tried couple of times but the operator would hung up on me. I kept trying their number again and again and no body would pick up, and I was getting "the operation has failed" message.
 17th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
I am having a problem pulling up my account imfo and before they did this crazy updatting i was doing fine now they have it all messed up and i cant figure it out.
 13th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
The worst service of phone cards which anyone can come across. Always deduct more minutes from your card value, and sometimes the voice quality is so bad that you have to shout loudly..
The customer service is worst than even a local company. They keep calling you even after you tell them not to call. They will keep disturbing your family and you.. so beware !!!
 24th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
i always buy cradit via your agent . But this time i pay via recorded messages.when i pay i been told $50.But insted $50 its went 50 pounds.I also spoke one of your agent .And complain about it.He told me i also send e.mail.My account no 3964217.I would like to refund of half of the money.which is 25 pounds. Yours faithfull Mirza baig
 1st of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
Global Telelinks provides fairly good service. I have not had any trouble with the voice quality, etc. as the others have had.

However, GLOBAL TELELINKS ARE THE BIGGEST CHEATERS ON THE PLANET!!! Their agents have charged me $300.00 WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION!!! I would check my bank account and mysteriously enough $100.00 was charged to my card without my freakin' authorization!!! The first time they did it, I was like, "FINE, I enjoy their service so am willing to put up with this one-time mistake."

Second time they did it, I immediately called them and asked them to cancel my account. Their agents (some fraud called Anil Sharma) after much coaxing convinced me to stay with them. He gave me false promises such as "I have blocked your card, no-one can ever charge you from now on unless they get your permission, please trust me."

SOOO, I trusted him, and, voila, I see another $100.00 charge to my account a month later!!! I was frustrated beyond belief, and just had to simply cancel my account. Thankfully they refunded me, but even that, they had the shame to charge me $5.00 for a "Refund fee."

Their actual phone service is good, but, again, THEY ARE CHEATS!!! Who knows what these guys can do to your accounts???!?! Charge me $1000.00 without my authorization!!!

Avoid it ALL COSTS...

Also, it's pretty obvious that at least some of the positive comments on this page are by GT agents themselves.
 30th of May, 2008 by    -1 Votes
I tried threee or four times this norning to talk to CUSTOMER SERVICE to cacel my subscription from the current period onwards. Since I had no luck in talking to one of your service representative, I am writing to you under" COMMENTS".

The access code number is 972-546-9959.

The account is bing charged $ 50.00 to my wife's ( ASSUNTA CHRISTIE) Citi Platnum Select Card.

I would appreciate your contacting me either by phone(636-368-6439) or e-mail regarding this matter.

Thank you.
 4th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I had GTL for about a year and then switched over to Reliance. GTL has far better service than Reliance but just like Reliance they have no customer service. I recommend paying with a credit card that is not linked to your bank account, that way you can dispute charges and get help from your credit card company. GTL has good service but they are very pushy and will continue to call you to recharge. The best way to deal with them is being more assertive and staying in control. You are the customer, don't get pushed around.
 18th of Jun, 2008 by    +1 Votes
One of the worst calling services I witnessed in a long time. I signed up for $100 account that I dont even use quite often.Next thing I know my account is expired when I still have over 200 minutes of talk time available.which means I have to pay another $100 in order to save my account from expiration. DOES ANY OF THAT MAKE SENSE TO YOU? then the agent calls me like 15 times a day or night just to get my money.
 2nd of Jul, 2008 by    +1 Votes
This company is absolutely unprofessional and I am thinking of filing complaint against them in all places I can. I have never been a customer of this company, but have been a victim of their persistent calling from their Bangalore office at all kinds of hours for the last two years. My phone numbers have been on do not call registry and also registered on their website but they constantly disregard both of these lists.
 4th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
I totally agree that this company (Global Telelinks) is fraud. I come from a telecommunications background and yes i'm still using their service. The problem lies with them not controlling their teams and the management of the winback calling (win business back from unhappy customers) teams. I had a major problem where without my knowledge they charged my credit card. Here they started playing the "Blame game" and I got all the assurances right from the sweeper to the Managing Director. However they refused to transfer the call to the appropriate authority and everyone was making himself sound important to help me with my problem, but was unable to do so. So I decided to take some action against them I wrote to the consumer complains board and they advised me that in case the company does not do the needful within certain time they would be happy to take action. This was enough to rattle these guys and they decided to pay my money back. Honestly I would like to stay with them but would not go through their agent, as you know you can top up the account yourself and don't need to give your landline number. These guys are PAIN to deal with but the calling service they provide is good.
 26th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
BEWARE-Global Telelinks are the REAL FRAUDS and CHEATERS
If anyone of you are thinking to use Global Telelinks, please step back.Don't let them know the details of ur Credit card details...This is my sincere request to all of u those who don't want to be cheated by these FRAUDS so called GLOBAL TELELINKS.
These cheaters used to call me at least twice a day and compel me to use their service.I got frustrated and at last i decided to try this service for ONCE.
One Bad Day they again called me and I gave them my Credit Card Details.They said they would call me back in 5 minutes and give my activation number.
But till now there is no response.This all happened 2 months back.And to my surprise i found some money deducted from my bank account.
And it is not Once...Atlast i canceled my account..
 26th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes

Global Telelinks - Fraud and cheating
Global Telelinks

These people called me at least twice a day and compel me to use their service. I decided to try it Once. They called me and took my Credit Card Details.And told me that they would call me in 5minutes... but they didn't turn up till now. Some amount was deducted from my bank account.
 30th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
At first I thought this was a great idea, a prepaid account so I could keep in touch with my husband. I couldn't even begin to tell you how wrong I was. My husband has only been able to call me once, and then suddenly, without warning, global telelink placed a block on the collect calls. After one call! Then I was told when I called to find out why that suddenly my initial payment wasn't enough, and in order to take the block off I would need to make an additional payment. Are you kidding me?! So they went through the trouble of setting up the account and allowed the call to come through just to turn around and say they want more money? The customer service staff is also extremely unproffessional. To be placed on hold for long periods of time, and then to be hung up on??? I would have to agree with the person above who wrote who are the criminals? I am extremely dissatisfied and dissappointed in the service I have received global telelink, and writing to your local congressman or govenor I think is definately a step in the right direction!
 4th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
They call me almost every other day trying to bully me into buying their international call service. They say 'if you pay 5 pounds a month, we won't call you anymore' - this is surely harassment.
 5th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
i was called by this global telelink at 5pm.i thought it is cheap to call home.they insisted me to charge 25 dollars.i gave my credit card details.they promised me to call back with all details and send e.mail.but i didt get any phone call or e.mails.ithey deducted 25 dollars .this company is cheater/please be aware of this call.do not trust them
 23rd of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I just want to say that all the complaints posted above are true. DO NOT GET THE SERVICE from Global Telelinks. They will harass you with phone calls night and day even if you have enough (lot) of balance. And the worst thing was their agent was so rude and challenged me to try and stop getting phone calls from them. They also charged my credit card once without my approval. Again, DO NOT GET THE SERVICE!
 6th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have been using long distance services from last 2 years. i was happy that these people are good. I sorry to say these people recharged my account without my approval and takeout money from my credit card. when i called the customer service the girl told me that supervisor will call you. i am surprized how these people are cheating the people.I am living in canada. These people are taking advantage for this. It means our credit cards are not in safe hands. Shame on these people. Sales persons don't behave professionaly. whenever they want they make calls any time and disturbe us, because these calls are free for them.
If you people are reading my mail please refund my money to my credit card and stop using it without authorization.

Contact Us