Posted:

I work at Global Tel Link

Florida
www.globaltellink.com
I would like to start off by saying that i was very surprised to see this complaint site. As much as i see where people are coming from, you must first remember that Global Tel Link is providing you with service to talk to an inmate. If there were not companies like this, you would need to write letters. The reason that your accounts are set up are because your phone companies will not let you get calls from corr. facilities. So on GTL'S part id like to say your welcome. Secondly, about cards being declined, that is 90% of the time because you have about 10 different addresses and you forget which one you have registered. OR you have a prepaid card, which aren't accepted. Why? Because so many GTL customers call with their prepaid child support cards and try to spend their food money on phone calls. Before you sit at home and complain&blog, how about you rethink things and be appreciative for the service that you would be miserable without.
Complaint comments Comments (117) Complaint country United States Complaint category Telecommunications

Comments

11th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes

Gobal Tellink - Overcharged!
Gobal Tellink
4809 Mason Dale drive
Richmond
Virginia
Phone: 804-743-7868

Over charged on collect calls from correctional center. Continue to send you bills, even when you make payments. Made it impossible to make since of billing procedure. Final bill is double the amount it should be. I stopped accepting calls and knew what my balance should be. The paper bill that came in was correct, but the website has never been correct.
 17th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
not posting money to accounts paid by direct remit
 18th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
why does it take a week for u all to post a payment
 4th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
GTL posting money to acc. no matter how i send the momsey by ck or m.o. or elect . payment this co does not post it to my acc. therefour my ph is blocked i have called sent email, s i dont know what else to do. thank, s Dale Singleton 3266 thomas st memphis tn 38127
 5th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes

Global Tel*link - Beware!
Global Tel*Link
P.O Box 173875
Denver
Phone: 1-800-231-0193
www.globaltellink.com/

Global Tel*Link has been nothing but problems since day one. I have an account with them and its consistantly misplaced. I send them money via Western Union and they still seem to misplace my account. Their customer service SUCKS you can rarely get through to them when in need. I think its about time they get some technical help because it seems to me like they cant run this company with out it!!!
 6th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
Earlier today i put a $25 deposit on my cellphone, and after four calls, funds were depleted to below $10.00. Unfortunately, I can not pick another carrier to provide this service for me. Knowing that I have been a good client for your business, could you look into keeping my account at the correct amount. Again, I do not have another option other than your services, but if that was not the case, I would transfer my business to a more reliable source. I do expect my account to be in good standing as to what I paid asap.
 19th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
global til* link sucks my god.some of the rep cant talk clear customer service suck, god for bitt you forget to make a payment on time for what ever resond they will start you over with 4 call ontil you pay two bills back to back i really think that"s not fare.please some one must do something about that, PLEASE WE HAVE LOVE ONE IN JAIL NOT SOME ANIMAL.AM REALLY NOT TO HAPPY WITH GTL THAT'S ALL FOR KNOW. THANK YOU
 10th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
Your comment is about the same as the service received from GlobaelTel. I for one do not use my "food money". I am not on any government assistance and have used more than one of my credit cards to pay for the crappy service.

First the connection itself is bad. Secondly, after paying such a high price for a phone call I don't appreciate my call being cut short with some message telling me that we are being disconnected for 3-way-calling. My relative is important and our time to communicate on the phone is far too precious for me to waste it making 3-way calls. There is not reason for it. I contacted what GlobelTel calls "Customer Service" and was told that they could see where we were disconnected (4 times in one day) but that they couldn't help me at that level and to call corporate. So I call corporate and get this stupid automated lineand am told that my phone number isn't even registered with GlobalTel...WTF? That's funny since I've spent all this money already...you seem to be able to find it when you accept my payments and your customer service guy sees the account so what's the deal. I couldn't even get a live person after that.

I appreciate a service that puts me in touch with my loved one but please do not think that I have to be at your mercy without complaint when you cheat me out of my hard earned money and your customer service is abysmal at best.
 15th of Jun, 2008 by    +3 Votes
First, of all this company is out to gouge their customers who are literally captives by promising correctional facilities, various commissions on each and every call. I am not incarcerated but receive their inflated bill with my monthly phone bill. I've notice they ALWAYS double bill fees and phone calls. Try to contact customer service and you will experience people who do not care about anything but charging you astronomical fees for crappy service, disconnected calls and double billing. I know they're donating BIG $ to elected government officials in order to obtain and continue with their contract with CDC. It's all a scam to increase their profits! I encourage everyone to write to their elected person and complain.
 3rd of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes

Global Tel Link - Scam billing
www.globaltellink.com

This company took my money over charged me and now even after submitting proof of over payment they did not repay my money.
 11th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
I gave a payment of 70.00 two days age and I still have a bloc k on my phone. the bill was for 108.00 now they are saying the bill is 111.00. and i already made a payment but they are not showing it and western union says they sent the payment top them.
 14th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
How come I am getting billed from two places. I have always paid online and have always had excess money in my account, now I am being bill on my att bill for ILD. Get it together folks. In this day and age it shouldn't be a problem.
 14th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes

Global Tel Link - WORST SERVICE EVER

gLOBAL tEL lINK IS NOTHING BUT A RIP OFF. tHEY HAVE NO OR THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. tHEY COLLECT YOUR MONEY AND THEY PROVIDE THE WORST EVER SERVICE I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED. I WANT TO FILE A SOME SORT OF A CLASS ACTION SUIT ON THESE CROOKS!
 3rd of Aug, 2008 by    +1 Votes
HA

It amazes me that even a peon such as yourself cannot see that this business is a monopolizing, greed stricken cash cow. Its like funeral homes you make money off of other peoples misery. Wait till they're at their most vulnerable point and then say, " Well i guess we can help you, but we will need ( ridiculous amount of money ) in return."

Of course I'm sure you people are just like any other high corporation, bent on making money and not worrying about the little guy.

I hope that you yourself one day have to deal with this and then you probably wouldn't be able to sleep at night wondering how you could've worked for a company such as them.
 4th of Aug, 2008 by    +1 Votes
Since this is my first time looking into this comapny i read some of the complaints i have to say its looks bad, but like 1 employee of the comapny said if it wasn't for them we would have to write i have to say to that comment its nice we have a company that allows us to talk on phone instead of writing cause its more personal but that doesn't give any company the right to give bad service if that is the case i personally in the past years used my local phone company and got collect calls from my son until i was informed that the correctional facility wouldn't accept that way anymore but the same employee is saying its are phone company that isn't allowing it ill have to check into that again since i can afford those phone calls again i do have an ideal for the complaints tho the attorney generals office or better business bureau
 16th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
I totally agree that is takes GTL forever to post Western Union payments to your account they blocked my account and it took them almost two weeks to post the money I sent even though they say it only takes 48 hours to post.
 30th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Join the class action lawsuit
 31st of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes

Global Tel Link - What a bunch of Idiots
www.globaltelelinks.net

Where does one start with this company? Oh wait... you can barely even talk to any of them when they do call you back! Who knows if it's going to be a hard foreign accent trying to speak English or if you will actually understand the representative. I have never understood why it is so confusing for them to get your account right. One minute the tell me my balance is $0 and then they say "what was your number again? "oh wait you have $8.29 remaining." Are they serious? Makes me wonder how much money have they already kept of mine? Ya know. Then I wonder why they tell me I can make payments online. Ok that would be great if you could follow their website--massive updates need to be done. Now I am sitting here wondering why there is a block on my phone line--when I always pre-pay and I can't even check the status of my account because there is nothing available--not a representative, nothing automated, nor an online service. I hate being lied to and how they take forever just to process a transaction. It really should NOT take 20-30 minutes--in the real world. What a bunch of idiots!!!
 12th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
Unable to get phone calls I already paid for from loved one in CDC. Calls get interrupted and will not go through so we have kind of 'given up' with this service working. I have called several times to correct to no avail. No one seems to care.
 16th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
There are other companies out there who also provide phone service to prisons. Global Tel link just has the contract to hold us all hostage.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree