logo

MaSon
Dating
5. (41 mins ago)
ArcTrading
Don’t invest and deal with these criminals

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Global Personals Service Center, Gold Coast, Queensland Complaints & Reviews - False charges

Global Personals Service Center Contacts & Informations

Global Personals Service Center

Posted:    peter bowers

False charges

GPNetHelp.com
Gold Coast, Queensland
Australia
gpnethelp.com
I have been charged usd $39.95 on the 29-02-08 for what? I dont even know who you are. Their code is 888-205-2664 us. I will contact my citibank and ask them to investigate this charge and also cancel my credit card.
Comments Australia Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of May, 2009 by   Cherri +1 Votes
Right there with you...I just noticed a charge from 'Global Personals, Ltd.' first on May 5, 2009 for $30.10 and then again on May 8th. for $30.96. I had noticed it on my bank account both times while it was still pending so the first charge has already been investigated, found fraudulent & removed; now I am waiting for the second charge to be removed as well. Check your accounts regularly! The sooner you catch an error, the easier to unravel the ensuing problems.
 13th of Jun, 2009 by   reg091 0 Votes
FYI - Global Personals is the company behind a lot of Internet dating sites. Perfectly legitimate as far as I can tell. I have signed up with online dating sites and the entry you report on your CC statement equates to a months membership on one of their sites.

I have no affiliation with them. I am just a customer and as such expect this to appear on my statement.

My suggestion is - has someone in your family perhaps used your card to sign up to one of these sites?
 5th of Dec, 2009 by   PepeXlee 0 Votes
I have been charged £29.99 GBP 23-11-09 does anyone know what these charges are for, i am disabled but not stupid, i cannot afford to let anyone take my money when they want it unauthorised.
 26th of Sep, 2010 by   A Watco 0 Votes
Not the same complaint but in my opinion the site should be closed! Why ?

But more so ;

The names sent out are not real people or the messages you send are not forwarded to all people! How do I know I have 3 friends who are on one of there linked dating sites of which there are many, simply they have not received the messages,

T.
 26th of Sep, 2010 by   A Watco 0 Votes
Global Personals White Label Dating Magic am dating etc etc. is a scam dating site messages are either not sent or the names that come up are not real people or they are but inaccessable for some reason one thing is sertain messages do not arrive at the the person sent to!
 17th of Nov, 2010 by   Rawoke 0 Votes
Global Personals Service is SCAM !!! a.k.a www.adultdatingza.co.za
They keep on charging you and have this backward cancel policy !!
THEY WON"T LET YOU CANCEL VIA EMAIL ! YOU HAVE TO PHONE SOME DODGY CALL CENTER !!!
 31st of Dec, 2010 by   jax1076 0 Votes
I have been trying to cancel my subscription but you have to phone a number, then end up in a queue for around half an hour !!!
 12th of Mar, 2012 by   Unauthorisedfunds 0 Votes
I was charged by Global Personals Ltd. Two separate amounts, within a few days of each other.
I have never joined a dating site. I do not subscribe to any of their publications. When I noticed the charges, I contacted them and they said that my details do not match what they have linked to may card. I asked them to refund, they refused and said for me to make my bank do a chargeback. So what did they do after I complained about the first two debits?
They then charged four new random amounts.
This is because they then knew that the random account number that they had phished was active.

This is fraud perpetrated by Global Personals as they are the only unauthorised transactions I have ever had on my credit card. No other transactions have been made, so that then proves that the one organisation responsible for fraudulent activity on my card is the debiting organisation, Global Personals.

From this, is would seem the case that Global Personals has a policy of skimming random credit card numbers hoping that people do not notice the billing, get their bank to do a random refund so that Global Personals gets to keep the cash, or that customers just let them keep it as they are not sure if they subscribed to one of their sites or not.

Global Personals have proven themselves to be credit scammers, and operate by illegally and fraudulently phishing credit card accounts.
 13th of Jul, 2012 by   A T 0 Votes
Got caught out by these people. I will admit to haing used a site which I now know to be associated realised it wasnt for me and pulled the plug on a $20.00 subscription.

6 months later an entry apears on my card statement for $170, 00.

Tried contacting their supposed Melbourne office on a 1300 number connected to the service, recorded message then disconnected. Contacted their email: info@globalpersonals.com.au got one response requesting info about it then nothing more. Rang their UK office and they were extremely unhelpful stating that I had signed up for renewal Told them I had no subscription to which they advised I did and it would be cancelled from the next biling date in Jan2013. They claim to have done this.

Since this time I have sent 8 emails to them requesting they provide subscription documents to verify their claim and confirmation of its cancellation. There has been no repsonse forthcoming which only supports my claim that their actions are fraudulent. Seems they will only communicate via an online forum on the site concerned.

I have raised it with my credit card company as a disputed transaction and definately wont be paying.
 7th of Sep, 2012 by   Global Personals Support 0 Votes
All card transactions are verified through the bank screening services and we rely on them to validate card authenticity. If you are unsure of the reason why we appear on your credit card statement go to this website www.gpl-cc.com, it will explain who we are, why you have been billed and what you should do about it if you think you have been the genuine victim of card fraud. It also has copies of our Terms and Conditions for you to read. When you subscribe to one of our sites, you are informed that it is a repeat billing subscription which can be cancelled at any time by following the instructions on the website.

To Peter Bowers/Cherri/PepXlee: Please see www.gpl-cc.com as advised above.

To A Watco: We have a team of dedicated moderators who ensure that all the content on the sites are appropriate and they also patrol the site looking for non-genuine members. Despite this very occasionally one will slip through and we rely on members to notify us if they are getting messages from people who they feel are not genuine.

To Rawoke: Of course it's not a scam and I'm sorry you feel that way, if you are registered on one of our South African sites however you do not need to call, you can cancel this yourself on the website by following the instructions there.

To Jax1076: We're sorry if you were held waiting for so long in our call queue, we do have occasions when our call queue gets busy but a wait of so long is very unusual.

To Unauthorisedfunds: I have answered your query on your other complaint entry.

To A T: It sounds like you subscribed using one of our offers which then re-bills at the full amount on renewal which we make clear at the time of subscription. As you are using one of our Australian sites you can cancel using the online facilities but any other contact should be done using our published email address. Our company policy is to respond to all emails within 48 hours or quicker. I'm not sure what you mean by being 'caught out' when you freely admit to subscribing? We make no secret of how our service or billing services work, they are clearly written out in our terms and conditions. and were confirmed by email when you subscribed.

Regards
support@globalpersonals.co.uk
 20th of Nov, 2012 by   RBfrustrated 0 Votes
Support person - better advise how to cancel the subscription.
 23rd of Jan, 2013 by   Global Personals Support 0 Votes
RBfrustrated: In the UK there is a freephone service, simply call the number displayed on the website and the team there will cancel your subscription for you. Non-UK members may use the online cancellation service displayed on the site. Support@globalpersonals.co.uk
 14th of Mar, 2013 by   chrs hartley 0 Votes
I have just had my bank statement which is showing a transaction that i did not sanction, as i had the bank close don any debit cad transactions because of not wanting them you or some one has taken out 59.59from my account and this was stopped 2 months ago
and i cannot stop this i some one dose not help i will go to the police as this is theft please get back to me and return my money
 22nd of Feb, 2014 by   Daphne Roberts 0 Votes
I can't understand why payments have still been taken out since cancelling membership approx January 2013. My mistake was in not realising who this payment was too for £29.95 each month and have only just found out with the help of my Bank. Can i get a refund on this as i was told at the time that it had been cancelled. I have now cancelled my credit card so that no further payments can be taken.

Lottery Scams and Online Coupons