logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
DRI*Trend Micro orderfind.com MN
double billed on credit card
3. (30 mins ago)
Avoid the scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Global Events Management Group Inc., Etobicoke (Toronto), Ontario Complaints & Reviews - misleading selling practises

Global Events Management Group Inc. Contacts & Informations

Global Events Management Group Inc.

Posted:    karen

misleading selling practises

Global Events Management Group Inc.
Etobicoke (Toronto), Ontario
Canada
globaleventsinc.com
Global Events Management Group Inc. presented to us and sold us a package for the 2010 RBC Canadian Golf. In their presentation they showed us pictures of a marquee tent, special catering, their corporate logo on both tent and said we would have corporate signage. They showed us the testimonials from their prior year and assured they would secure the same this year. We gave them payment in March, the urgency of securing being made that it was the last table left.

What was shown to us in the brochures and on their website was not delivered.

Mr. Maher Jaber has stated he is the CEO of the company. I noted he was trained at THG in London according to his complaint listed on this website concerning Marcus Evans and THG. Global Events seems very similar to THG in their dealings according to the complaints lodged on this website about THG.
Comments Canada Entertainment
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Jan, 2011 by   MoreInfoPlease 0 Votes
Can you tell me more about your experience?

I am the verge of signing an agreement with them and I would like to know more about their practices.
 11th of Jan, 2011 by   RichRichard 0 Votes
Just look at their website. It is riddled with spelling errors.

Moreover, their website (http://globaleventsinc.com/index.php) is a lazy and cheap rip off of GEM (http://www.geventm.com/).

Maher Jaber is completely classless.
 12th of Mar, 2012 by   Sol1 +1 Votes
moreInforplease did you end up joining them ? I have an interview with them but not sure now if I should go or not. ?
 10th of May, 2012 by   Ak1_00 +1 Votes
I concur. I interviewed with Maher, where he was very pleased with me and told me to proceed with discussing further with his sales manager, Michael. Michael, a total classless man was wondering why I wanted to clarify their otherwise, VAGUE compensation package - as I was new to the company and their operations were not discussed in complete detail.
Then, I get a call from Maher Jaber, CEO, he asked for my name, I said, this is ______ speaking, then he shouted at me with no pause!! He started accusing me of claiming a 60, 000 dollar salary and a whole handful of preconceived notions he garnered from the baboon named Michael at Global Events Management in Toronto. He also said how I am unable to 'comprehend' a 'face to face' interview. Excuse me? Before signing off to any company, you don't just go by one line - you CLARIFY and ASK...Anyway, Maher Jaber did not even let me explain my side of the story, he was clearly under a misunderstanding and kept shouting in the harshest manner - he shut the phone on me and did not let me speak a word to explain that he was completely under a false understanding of my discussion with the Sales idiot. What a wretched employer - I'm the best thing they will NEVER have - and since, I've been employed at a larger firm that gives a comprehensive package of their compensation structure and explains it at the interview! Thanks Maher! Maher is a complete unprofessional jackass to deal with, does not even know how to conduct an interview! He looked so confused!
 21st of Aug, 2013 by   Particlezero 0 Votes
I had an interview back in the spring of 2013 with these guys. I was asked to proceed to the second interview where I was told to find 10 companies and do detailed research on them so they could potentially use them as clients and was also asked to come up with a sales pitch for an upcoming sports event. I sent an email saying I was no longer interested. I found this to be a very odd request for a second interview, I don't do hours of work for free especially not for a company that has awful reviews all over the Internet and and an F from the Better Business Bureau
 1st of Jan, 2014 by   Mike 234 0 Votes
I would advise nobody to work here. There is no place to move up in the company as their is only four people employed, the manager Raj does not know how to talk to people and the sales techniques are horrible. You call CEO's talking about a cancelled contract, something that never happen.
I urge Do Not Work here, it is truly a waste of time, and if you are a senior level executive do not buy, it is not worth it.
 2nd of May, 2014 by   GeorgeCo +1 Votes
I have just returned from the Masters hosted by Global Events. Their hospitality was delivered, and our clients left having enjoyed themselves thoroughly. We will be returning again with them next year.
 6th of May, 2014 by   mahersucks 0 Votes
Horrible company,

Neel doesnt know anything about managment, and Raj is the definition of a lying salesman. They dont pay on time, they dont follow guidelines of taking car of employees and there product sucks.

Maher Jaber, thinks hes the shit. See him at clubs by himself at night.

No CLASS! Dont ever invest in these guys
 3rd of Aug, 2014 by   Globaleventsincsucks 0 Votes
Horrible company in every possible way. You pretty much get them their leads and then they let you go. They want 100 leads per day at least that you need to find yourself meaning when you get home from work you got homework. Maher is a piece of shit but nowhere close to the piece of shit level of Raj. Don't waste your time it is THE worst company I have ever worked for in my life, it was funny how bad they were and undoubtedly still are. The only good thing about it was the receptionist Meredith she's sexy as fuck and it's sad that's all they got going for them

Jury Duty Fraud Prevention Tips