logo

Gexa Energy Contacts & Informations

Gexa Energy

Posted:    College Student

No customer service

Gexa is a scam company. I have had them for 3 months and canceling service promptly. The airline miles are not worth it. Good luck getting a hold of any customer service reps. The entire company seems like it is run just by 4 or 5 thugs. The customer service rep, Yolanda V., is rude and condescending. Furthermore, there are no supervisors available for relief.

For any pertinent complaints to the Public Utility Commission of Texas, P.O. Box 13326, Austin TX 78711 (512) 936-7120.
Comments United States Home & Garden
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Mar, 2007 by   Rarod 0 Votes
I have already filed a complain with the public commission against GEXA. They sent me a wrong bill overcharged by 60 dollars. Then they keep on sending me wrong bills without correcting the previous bill. To beat that, the customer rep tells me that they dont know when the issue will be resolved and that i need to keep on calling them after every 2 days to find out whats the status of the correction. It's been 1.5 month now and still I haven't received any credit for the overcharged amount. And here's something better, they threaten me to disconnect my electricity if i don't pay those wrong bills. AVOID GEXA.
 10th of May, 2007 by   Robin 0 Votes
Gexa is a horrible company! They suddenly just disconnected our service. No notice, we just didn't get a bill come April. And so we called to see what was up, and they said that we switched providers. Bull****!! We never told them anything, never made a late payment, and never got a notice from them. I'm not sure what's going to happen with us, and who our new provider is. But I have a feeling it won't end well. Dont ever go with Gexa!!
 11th of Aug, 2007 by   James 0 Votes
Gexa sucks. They kept overcharging me ridiculous amounts. I started not running heater in the winter or AC in summer, and my bills still came out insanely high. Then they just say that they don't read the meters, and offer no real resolution to the problem since they're scamming. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM! I went with Reliant Energy, my bills were then 60-80 a month compared to 100+ dollars. AVOID GEXA!
 2nd of Sep, 2007 by   Mitchel 0 Votes
Gexa overcharged me multiple times, but that isn't the worst of it!!!!!
I disconnected their service and they told me that I owed them no money, but had to FIGHT them just to return my deposit! Finally, they returned the deposit, but 3 months after disconnecting, they sent a debt collector after me claiming I owe them almost $100 AFTER they told me that I owed nothing AND after they returned my deposit!!!!!
Now I have to deal with this debt collector and prove that Gexa sucks.

Don't ever go with GEXA unless you want hard times!
 6th of Nov, 2007 by   Clyde Monnette 0 Votes
I've been a Gexa customer since June '07. I could not be more pleased with their service. My previous high bill prior to Gexa was well over $700.00 for one month at my residence. My highest with Gexa was just over $400.00. Thank-you Gexa. I made two calls to Gexa Service, one for the initial setup and just recently to get a better (current) rate. Both times the service rep was very friendly and helpful. I continue to recommend Gexa to my friends and co-workers as a provider over other ridiculous priced providers.
 14th of Nov, 2007 by   h carls 0 Votes
was a scam....told them to keep the miles....cheaper at the airline...requested a $400.00 deposit because of bad credit.....with a credit score of over 750....was hard to believe so i called to verify the number i called was not a boiler room...866-384-4392....wasted a good hour on the phone.....
 13th of Dec, 2007 by   David Hansen 0 Votes
My experience with Gexa has been good.

I've been using Gexa for 18 months and my son has been using them for 6 months without any problems. The plans we signed up for have been saving us money over many of the other companies. I appreciate their low cost and I've had no problems with Customer Service.

They have just recently lowered their rates on the 'Green' power plan which my son uses.
 4th of Jan, 2008 by   Gexa Are Criminals 0 Votes
Gexa are indeed a horrible, dishonest and disreputable company. Check their "Unsatisfactory" rating with the Better Business Bureau of Metropolitan Houston.

They charged me incorrectly and will not respond to requests for an explanation. Everybody I know who has had the misfortune of having to deal with them has a similar story. The "positive" reviews here route back to the Gexa IP address. Another indicator of the kind of rotten people they are.

AVOID GEXA AT ALL COSTS

They are a fraudulent company who will overcharge you and refuse to return your phone calls and letters.
 29th of Jan, 2008 by   JoeDelt 0 Votes
I've been an employee of gexa for over 2 years. That makes me a veterin of the company.
Gexa, a subsidiary of Florida Power and Light, treats it's employees like disposable dipers.
Once they're done using you as an employee, they throw you away.
How in the world do you think that they could treat it's customers like more than revenue generating guenrs pigs?
If your bill has been correct, you've been lucky.
They're trying to inplemet a new billing system (peace, project sage) that's more accurate and after spencing over 6 million dollars, they found out that they can't meet ERCOT standard.
EVERY employeee is temporary and EVERY employee is disposable.
Stop living in a fairly tail. They really don't care except that you pay on time.
4 billing managers over 2 year period.
Sarbox violations like there is no tomorrow.
employees being fired without warning. (disposable dipers.)
wrongful termination suites left and right.
Go ahead and do business with them.
You're paying my high salary until I find a better job.
Thank You. I probably drive a better car than you.
ignorance is really bliss.
 26th of Feb, 2008 by   Joe 0 Votes
lol nice Joedelt. I guess they don't care about the quality of their employees! If they did, they would have hired someone that could at least spell! hahahahaha
 19th of Mar, 2008 by   joann508 0 Votes
Texas is an at-will employment state. They don't have to give you notice. They don't have to have a reason. AND YOU don't have to give notice to quit, and YOU don't have to have a reason to quit.
 15th of Apr, 2008 by   Maranda 0 Votes
Do not go with Gexa Energy!!! I live in a 600 Sq Ft apartment with just myself and my bill has been $200-$300 per month. When I first got service with them it was only $70-$80 per month. Now you tell me how it can jump that high in just a matter of 1 month.
 24th of Apr, 2008 by   Matt 0 Votes
Gexa is a failing company and it's true the way they treat their employees is wrong. It's always a threat and even if you think you know or been there a good amount of time they will hurt you. Always changes and then they don't train people right. I almost feel sorry for AT&T trying to associate with Gexa. When you mistreat your own workers what more can you expect for them to be with the customers. I just think it's wrong when people call and blame customer service when they should be complaining to the low leadership this company has. A customer service rep only can do what the company allows them to do and I hope that when you complain you do it to the PUC and don't even mention it to the customer service rep they have to send it to someone that is just a little above them who is just going to apologize. Oh yeah the comment on how high salary from Joedelt believe me that money must be going to the company because they underpay their workers and have you heard they don't even pay their Spanish speakers extra for 2 languages? Reliant pays. Still at the end since all energy is going up you try to find the cheapest, but just be careful and always be responsible at the end by keeping up with your own bill. Remember if you want to hurt the company don't just complain to a poor customer service rep that is trained only to listen to you and note the account. Hurt the company Gexa, file a complaint to the PUC. Close this company down. The little people will be hurt and unemployed, but at least you bring the company down although most that are in "leadership roles" will jump ship and work for another energy company that will screw you still.
 29th of May, 2008 by   ksk 0 Votes
I had Reliant Energy and it was SOOOO expensive. Then I got Gexa and it was much cheaper. I think Gexa was fine but not always on time with sending the bill to my mailbox. I live in a 1300+ sq ft apt and I only pay between $75 to $150 a month. Yeah. It's because I live in a 3-yr-old apt, with energy efficient appliances. The high amount on the bill may depend on the age of appliances you use.

The thing that's sooo aggravating is that Gexa is charging $4.25 per transaction if you pay online! All the other bills - free to make online payments.
 2nd of Jun, 2008 by   dj 0 Votes
I have had Gexa for 3 years, with no complaints. Great customer service. You can pay on line, you can call and get your
balance due. Their rates are very low.
 7th of Jun, 2008 by   Kevin 0 Votes
I have had GEXA for 3 months. They charge me $.0834 per kWh (compared to .134 from Stream) and have dropped my bill considerably. Thanks guys.
 2nd of Jul, 2008 by   Hurricane Rita 0 Votes
It's been a few years ago but I got treated like $hit by GEXA too.
After Hurricane Rita hit Beaumont (near Houston), they supposedly lost record of my payment. I called the bank and knew it had been cashed out but they made me PROVE it by paying my bank to print out a copy of it and send it to them.

Why should it be a customer's job to do THEIR job? Why can't they check with their own bank? They deposited my money and I knew it was cashed out (my bank told me) so burden of proof should be on them.

9/10 of the operators I talked to (I had to call up there several times) were rude as hell. I got hung up on by one or two of them and I never even yelled or cussed at them!

They also ripped me off on something else, I think it was a deposit or something (it's been a few years ago but I remember I was pissed about something else) and gave me a horsecrap story about it. I thought 'screw them, I guess it's just the cost of getting away from these bitches".

I did an internet search not long after that fiasco and found that they rip other people off. I was SO glad when I got rid of that company. I can't say I"m the happiest person in the world with Reliant's prices but I have ALWAYS been treated with politeness by representatives and never ripped off by bogus charges.

The guy who wrote in 2007 and said he's been a customer 3 years (I guess that would be since 2004), I find it hard to believe he didn't have any problems with them.

If you want to go with this company, you better rich enough to hire an attorney or be prepared to get ripped off.
 24th of Aug, 2008 by   Garrett P. Nemec 0 Votes
Ripped Off: My rate jumped from 12.9 per Kw to 17.8 per Kw in 3 billings.
I Stayed at number 18 in their phone queue for an hr. After I asked to speak with a supervisor. I finally had to hang up.
Monday I am switching. Gexa has been unfair and unscrupulous. I don't understand why the state of Texas allows this
form of apparently legal fraud on the consumer.
 25th of Aug, 2008 by   Customer 0 Votes
First my account was slammed. It was transferred without my authorization to another electric company away from them. I suspect the account was sold. When I called and threat to take legal action, the account was magically restored with Gexa. Now since summer has rolled around the account was fairly stable then nearly doubled for the next several months. This may seem normal. But I assure you have not used double the kw. Im very conservative. The ac has been set on 78 with fans and curtains in use. The lights are all off except the room Im in. I feel Im being scammed and Im finding a new company quicker than you can spell fraudulent. Someone please investigate them.
 25th of Aug, 2008 by   Customer 0 Votes
Whoever said it may be the unit us complainers are using is wrong in my case. It may be easy to dismiss us away, for your own satisfaction. But I'll have you know the air conditioner I use its a top quality and brand new unit installed about a year ago. This is not an imaginary problem, as Ive said before. Somone needs to investigate this company's practices immediately.

5 Tips for Your 2009 Tax Return