logo

PTC/PTR Scam Sites List
Beware!
3. (9 mins ago)
Fallas Parades
Worst place to work for!
4. (17 mins ago)

Posted: 2011-07-05 by    Bdelgrasso

Resume Writing Rip Off

Getinterviews.com
getinterviews.com
Don't be fooled by their flashing presentations. Don't be fooled by their claims of knowing how to write resumes. Don't be fooled by their claims that they have "industry experts" to write your resumes. SAVE your money and write your resume yourself and you will get a better resume.
I made the mistake of believing the hype and I paid over $500 to get a totally useless resume that resulted in ZERO interviews, not even a single call back.
They "guarantee" the resumes they write, the problem is it is a false guarantee. They will "rewrite" the resume if you do not get an interview in 30 days. The problem is the rewrites are not really rewrites, they just mix up the order of the same words, in the same old format. They do not have industry experts as many of the statements they make in the resume do not make sense for your industry. If they had a good product, they would give a real guarantee, like a refund. Just try to talk to someone at getinterviews.com to get issues resolved, you are talked in circles. The CEO refuses to talk to clients, as she is too busy and to important to talk to a lowly client.
What getinterviews.com is actually selling is 19th century technology for a 21st century job market. Save your money and go somewhere else.
Comments United States Job & Career
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Nov, 2011 by   Conspirator 0 Votes
Have to agree. They take your money then run and ditch you with a useless resume that is no better than having anyone else rewrite it for you. Don't waste your time or money
 30th of Mar, 2012 by   GetInterviews 0 Votes
Hello,

As a representative from GetInterviews.com, I’d like to publicly address the sentiments posted here. Firstly, I’d like to point out that we have been in business for nearly 20 years; during this time, we have helped thousands upon thousands of job seekers revamp their resumes, get interviews and finally land that dream job.

Bdelgrasso: I sincerely apologize for your dissatisfaction. As mentioned in my private message, if you could provide me with your name and contact information I’d be happy to reach out and help amend this situation.

Now to touch upon a few things mentioned above:

We do, in fact, employ experts in industries across the board. We have a large team of resume writers with very diverse backgrounds. Some are former recruiters and job coaches, others have worked directly in the fields they handle, too numerous to list completely here, but a partial list includes former attorneys, bankers, sales professionals, marketing executives, real estate professionals, medical/pharmaceutical backgrounds, technology field, and many, many other industries. In addition, our staff writers have more than 10 years of experience to ensure that our clients get the very best resume possible for their particular needs.

As far our guarantee vs. offering a refund: we actually offered refunds at the beginning. However, we quickly learned that some people weren’t being honest with us; we had to stop this refund policy when we discovered that people not only got interviews but even landed jobs while still asking for a full refund!

That being said, we switched our policy to a resume rewrite guarantee; our mission is to help job seekers get interviews and we’d like to do everything we can to help with this. Anyone who utilizes our resume writing services is guaranteed a free rewrite if they don’t get interviews in 30 days.

I hope this clears things up. We have testimonials posted on our website for anyone looking for more information and we can also supply references.

Thank you!
Jasmine
 4th of Nov, 2012 by   Jenna1000 0 Votes
I have recommended this company to two colleagues whom were very happy with their services and did in fact obtain satisfactory employment in a reasonable amount of time.
 30th of Nov, 2012 by   Adi H 0 Votes
November 2012 and nothing has changed from the initial complaint. I to paid $495 for the up to date resume writing service, 1 month on in May a rewrite and another 6 months from then and not one interview after applying for 100's of suitable roles. Of course Jasmine is going to have some successful clients, throw enough mud at the wall something will stick.
After rewriting my resume myself, I started to generate some interest from potential employers, funny that 2 of those were companies I had contacted before using getinterviews.com resume with no response.
Seriously, do not waste your money on these or other companies claiming to guarantee interviews after 30, 60 or even 90 days. Get on the web, read up on resume writing and do it yourself, it works and saves a lot of money.
Oh, and if Jasmine wishes to talk to me I would gladly have a very serious and civil conversation with her.
 4th of Feb, 2013 by   GetInterviews 0 Votes
Hi Adi,

Thank you for your willingness to discuss this with us, this time around. We’d really appreciate the opportunity to review your project and amend your experience but it’s hard to look into this matter when we don’t have your full name in this thread. Please reply to my private message with your name and contact information and I will reach out personally to discuss.

You can also visit our Linkedin page to read dozens of real testimonials from real people around the world: http://www.linkedin.com/company/getinterviews.com/getinterviews-53136/product?sort=&start=1&sRevId=

Sincerely,
Jasmine
 16th of Apr, 2013 by   bluiblond 0 Votes
I had my resume written by them and have had no interviews. I have e-mailed lisaw@getinterviews.com several times and she doesn't answer me back with the re-writing guarantee. I am not happy with the service either.
 22nd of Apr, 2013 by   GetInterviews 0 Votes
Hi Bluiblond,
I'm sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory experience! Please send over a private message with your name and contact information so I can look you up and resolve this for you!

I look forward to hearing from you.
-Jasmine