logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Listia.com
This site is badly administered by a group of moderators who have little or no sense of logic, or fairness
2. (31 mins ago)
BridesOfUkraine.com
I paid money for nothing
3. (1 hr 21 mins ago)
ATT
job offer rescinded
4. (1 hr 29 mins ago)
DTDC Courier Service
Non Delivery of letter and wrong claiming of delivering the same.
5. (1 hr 53 mins ago)

Posted:    DataDave

Not Paying Techs

Geeks Home and Office
Boise, Idaho
Warning to all PC Technicians considering working for this company. I have done excellent work for this company for 3 months now. Out of those 3 months they paid me once on time. The other two months I never received a pay check! I begged and pleaded and they finally let me go out on jobs and collect some of the money owed to me directly from the customer. They now owe me $282 in back pay. It is always the same story, well the pay check was issued and deducted from our account, but mysteriously the pay check never shows up in my mailbox!!! When I ask for proof that pay check was issued I always get the run around!!! Be forewarned, stay away from this company!! They are either a scam/fraud operation or they are in serious financial trouble and about to go down the tubes!!!
Comments United States Computers & Accessories
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Aug, 2010 by   davidc150 -4 Votes
Thats very strange. I have done jobs for over 1 year. Some times they pay late but I always get my check. I have worked for several Geeks companies and they sometimes pay 60-90 days out. So for me they have been a decent company and a good source of extra income. I would and have recommended other techs to them.
 25th of Aug, 2010 by   DataDave -1 Votes
Wow...that is great that you are able to wait up to 90 days for a paycheck. I wonder how many Americans are in a position to do that? Furthermore, I wonder if your bank would be willing to wait 90 days for you to make a mortgage payment. I think not. When a company makes a contract with someone to pay within a certain time period and they go beyond that then they are violating contractual law, plain and simple. Why would you condone such a thing or accept it??
 30th of Aug, 2010 by   mhtech -1 Votes
Geeks Home and Office still owes me for $150.00 worth of work I performed for them here in Maryland. I have written to them by mail, e-mailed them and sent multiple e-mails. Still no check. I have stopped working for them.
 30th of Aug, 2010 by   DataDave -2 Votes
Update. Geeks Home and Office finally sent my check for work done in July which ended up bottom line that i was over paid for amounts due to me by about $110. They were nice enough to agree that I would not have to pay that money back if I agreed to remove my comments on this complaint board. I figure they owe me something for all the late fees I accumulated on bills I had due and was unable to pay because they either were extremlely late in issuing me a check or getting me the money owed me by allowing me to collect directly from the customers.

For the work I did in July, they had told me that the check had been issued and was supposed to be arriving on the 11th of August which was only 1 day late according to contract. When I didn't get the check on the Aug 11th, I asked them for proof that the check was issued which they refused to provide. I waited patiently until Saturday, Aug 14th still no check at which time I sent an email and told them that I was going to file complaints on this complaint board, Better Business Bureau, and Idaho Attorney General, and furthermore that I would file a small claims lawsuit against them. Appartently this got action because I finally did receive the check for work done in July on Friday August 20th. The date of issuance on the check was Monday, Aug 16th which means they were not being honest when they told me the first week of August that the check was issued and would arrive on August 11th. The check never got issued until I told them I was going to file complaints, lawsuits, etc.

Bottom line, I don't think the customer service reps are being dishonest. They are victim of the owner who is obviously either in serious financial trouble or is out and out right now honest himself. The customer service reps are merely repeating to the techs what they are told by the owner. I wonder if the customer service reps are having trouble collecting their pay checks also?

At any rate, I am going to leave this complaint up for other techs to see for awhile because I believe they deserve to know that if they work for this company they should be prepared to wait an extensive amount of time beyond contract to receive payment and that the owner is not being completly forthcoming about exactly when they will receive payment.
 5th of Sep, 2010 by   Dylan8 -1 Votes
So your saying they paid you and gave you 100 dollars extra and you still complain. It's useless complaints like this is why companies hire 10 dollar an hr. techs instead of contracting. If they were smart theyd have you banned from the complaints board. If you havent noticed it's hard enough to get work without idiots like you ruining it for everyone else. Work for Geeks On Site or On Call and see if you ever get paid. They are real scam companies. Good luck!
 5th of Sep, 2010 by   DataDave -1 Votes
Hey, I'm just stating facts on this board for all to see. I tell the truth plain and simple. I do not lower myself to insulting and calling others names, as some others seem to want to do on this board.
 27th of Dec, 2010 by   nova2010 0 Votes
Geeks Home and Office DOES NOT PAY THE SUBCONTRACTED TECHNICIANS - STAY AWAY!!!
I have been calling trying to collect payment and they are giving me a lame excuse that they have changed banks and that the bank has not issued my check. This has been going on for over 3 months. Its ridicolus.
 28th of Dec, 2010 by   Dylan8 -1 Votes
Geeks Home and office has always paid me on time. In fact they sometimes send me on cash jobs and I am ahead on money. Never had a problem.
 3rd of Jan, 2011 by   Kyle_Stngray 0 Votes
So you had to wait 90 days, got paid $110 extra and didn't have to pay them back? But, you refuse to realize that maybe they made a mistake and made up for it? You must have some angry grudge against them to keep trying to bad mouth them. At this point it sounds like they should be complaining about you for past wages due.
 12th of Feb, 2011 by   clearwatertech +1 Votes
Hey, i hve same issue like datadave, i m here is Clearwater fl. they owe me $316. no straight answer always run around answer. always have to literally fight for money. working for them from last 8 month just got money one time. they charge customer 100/hr .and pay 25/hr they are making 75% money still they are not taking care of tech people. stay away form this company.
 15th of Feb, 2011 by   DataDave 0 Votes
As I read down through the comments on this page, it is obvious that Geeks Home and Office actually plants postive comments about themselves on this page. What a scam. Good luck to anyone who is fool enough to work for these scam artists.
 27th of Feb, 2011 by   Michael Vasquez 0 Votes
They have not paid me for two months. I won't work for them. I have the customer's number and I will call her up and steal her as my client.

Mike V
 27th of Feb, 2011 by   Michael Vasquez 0 Votes
We should just steal all their customers.
 11th of May, 2011 by   Selzier 0 Votes
MAY 11, 2011:
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY. THEY SCAM THEIR TECHS AND DO NOT PAY.

IF YOU ARE CONTACTED BY GEEKS HOME AND OFFICE, TELL THEM YOU WILL DO THE WORK, STEAL THE CUSTOMER AND SAVE THEM MONEY.
 30th of May, 2011 by   EliteComputers 0 Votes
I billed Geeks Home and Office for the work I did on site over a month ago.

Due to the nature of the billing, I had to wait almost a month to bill them, and over a month after the billing date, I have received no e-mail from them, and I am unable to get a hold of them via telephone.

I did fantastic work for the customer, and I'd include her phone number for a reference if Geeks Home and Office policy didn't prohibit me from collecting it. I wish I would have now.

Attached is proof that I billed them a little over a month ago. If they weren't impossible to contact after doing work for them I wouldn't bother filing this report.
 30th of May, 2011 by   EliteComputers +1 Votes
They have yet to pay me as well. I filed my own complaint too.
 1st of Jun, 2011 by   Quick-Tech 0 Votes
@dylan8 ...it doesn't matter if they gave him an extra $100, that should cover the interest on that money because if you owed them money they would surely add interest to what you owe them. DATA DAVE has every right to complain because I would also. There are to many of these companies getting rich off the backs of techs they ripoff .
 1st of Jun, 2011 by   Quick-Tech 0 Votes
They are sending work thru the platform TECDIRECT.COM @ $20hr (40 max)
 1st of Jun, 2011 by   Dylan8 0 Votes
They can send the work to whoever they want. If you don't like the pay dont take the job?? Simple right? Geeks is a good company to work for as stated before they pay on time every month. They also use Onforce, among others. Geeks Home abd Office. Great company!!! This Complaint board sucks!!!
 1st of Jun, 2011 by   Dylan8 0 Votes
100 dollars interest?? Grow up. geeks Home and Office, great company to work for. This was a malicious posting to begin with and now its turned into just ridiculous people stating from previous postings without a complaint of their own. Looks like malicious intent. Geeks home and office uses Onforce as well and has a 100% approval rating. 100 dollars Interest lol!

FBI Mortgage Fraud Crackdown