logo

Multi destination Club/VRS
Unfair sales contract/Tricky sales
2. (6 mins ago)
www.co-parents.net
Fake membership and I haven’t received any messages from them
3. (17 mins ago)
My son called me a liar

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

GE washer (WPDH8800) and dryer (DPVH880) Smart Dispense pedestals (Model SPBD880), Texas Complaints & Reviews - DO NOT WASTE your $$$

GE washer (WPDH8800) and dryer (DPVH880) Smart Dispense pedestals (Model SPBD880) Contacts & Informations

Posted:    lreiser

DO NOT WASTE your $$$

GE
Texas
Do NOT buy these! I purchased the GE washer (WPDH8800) and dryer (DPVH880) and the Smart Dispense pedestals (Model SPBD880), I have been extremely dissatisfied. After a few weeks of washing our clothes did not smell clean, so I called GE they sent someone out and he said that the person who installed it (Sears GE delivery) set it up wrong. (He did not connect the hoses correctly, so no soap was getting to the clothes) He fixed that and several weeks later we still had bad smelling clothes, they just were not fresh or soft. So back out another GE guy came and he said it was do to the drain hose was not properly installed and that too much water was being drained out! After several loads still no improvement! I have been told by a GE service man that this is just the way these machines are due to the fact that they use so little water they do not get the clothes thoroughly cleaned! NOW I am having problems with the dryer. It is suppose to receive its information from the washer through the USB hook up, it does BUT after it has been on for about 2 minutes it shuts off...leaving me with wet clothes. GE service man said its the Sensor Dry Level and it will cost $200 parts and Labor to fix. I have to run each cycle on a timed cycle now. ANOTHER problem... many times the washer runs through a cycle and levels me with sopping wet clothes, I have to re-run it on a drain and spin cycle a few times to get all the water out of it. After all the money I spent on these new GE innovations, and them not working correctly, not cleaning efficiently and their GE Service men NOT knowing how to properly hook them up or fix them right the first time.. I'm DONE with ANY GE Product. I will NEVER buy GE again!
Comments United States Appliances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Mar, 2011 by   977music 0 Votes
There's another problem you might be having. The physical lines might be blocked. The detergent seems to "harden and crystalize" in the lines and block the detergent from coming out. I've had the GE repair out once to fix this but I watched what he did and now about every couple of months I have to clean the lines out because they have crystalized. I tought it was the detergent and I've tried every HE brand out there includes what they recommend but the same problem exists. Do not buy this system, it's not ready for prime time.
 17th of Sep, 2012 by   Fred2012 0 Votes
I bought the same units two years ago and the complaint is absolutely correct. The washer unit simply is not capable of effectively cleaning your clothes due to too little water used. You can tell the clothes don't have a fresh smell and when you wear your clothes you'll wonder within an hour whether you forgot to put on deodorant (ummn, no you're clean your clothes AREN'T!) The other thing I noticed is that it will take at least an hour and a half for the washer cycle to complete and give you your poorly cleaned clothes. These are upscale GE Profile products so the poor performance is unforgivable. This model should be removed from the market and a refund issued. The repairmen weren't the issue, the poor GE design IS the issue. No repairman can fix what is wrong with this washer.
 20th of Oct, 2012 by   Leoavila 0 Votes
I purchased this washed for my wife as well and had the same problem!!! Bad smelling clothes... After several attempts nothing was fixed by ge!!!
It is really a bad washer do not buy
 26th of Jul, 2013 by   El Paso MojoRisin 0 Votes
Same here with the smelly clothes. I found a couple loopholes around GE's ignorance though. First, since the washer is air tight, you have to leave the door open when not in use so that the inside of the machine can dry out and avoid growing smelly mildew/mold. Second, I gave up on using the "auto-soap dispenser" and started pouring my favorite HE detergent and softener manually through the pull out drawer with compartments. After doing those two things, you'll see an instant difference. I also add those scented little beads that Tide sells, sometimes add Oxyclean to large loads, and make sure to run a clean cycle often. You can also buy those washer cleaning tablets and follow their directions with sometimes better results. Pain in the a$$ for a "top of the line" washer, right? If you can't afford to buy new units, like myself, you'll be forced to improvise such as I have and I've wonderful results from doing these few things. Good luck all!!
 1st of Jan, 2014 by   scogor 0 Votes
We have had the same exasperating problem with our washer/pedestal set up. I just finished emptying out the left tank and filling the right tank and still no detergent being delivered. Fabric softener does seem to get through. We have had GE out on several occasions since we purchased this unit and doubt that the pedestal has ever functioned properly. Very dissatisfied!!

Travelocity Scam Revealed!