I am sorry that you feel that you did not have a fair offer on your product. Since I don't have your real name or account information I could only speak about how our system is set up and what typically happens, however if you would like to contact us I would be happy to look into your exact transaction for you. When we receive an item into our warehouse we do inspect each item. If we find that the item is in better condition than what was on the original quote we will automatically pay out the higher price to you. If we determine that the items value is actually lower than what was originally quoted, we will send you an update email letting you know that the quote has changed, we will detail out why we feel that we needed to change the price, and what the new offer is. Then we give you 5 days to respond to this request. We do send out a reminder two days after the first email, then again two days later (so on day 3 and 5). If the item is not accepted at the end of the day on day 5 we will automatically accept the new offer and start processing of the payment to you. On top of the email notifications you can also log into your account on our website and check up on the status of your item. If the value changed you will also see the message here that it has changed and the message why it changed and instructions on how to proceed. Once an item has been accepted it moves to our sales team and the items are automatically listed for sale. At this point, there are times when the item could sell very quickly sometimes within a matter of minutes if it is an item in high demand. Once this happens there is no way for us to return the item. Our customer care team is available 7 days a week by either Live chat, or email support. We do not currently have a call center to support telephone inquiries, however we are expanding our customer care team and we will be adding this option very shortly. At this time, we are available Monday - Friday from 9am -10pm EST and Saturday and Sunday from 12pm - 8pm EST. Chat is available during all these hours, and emails are responded to within 24 hours or less.
If a customer has a question or concern about their inspection, our customer care team is happy to request that the inspector take another look at the item, or to ask that a supervisor inspect the item as well. On top of this we run a QA program to constantly monitor the inspections that are completed to make sure that every inspector is looking at the items in the correct way.
As for your estimation that 95% of our customers have new lower value, this could not be further from the truth. In reality more than 75% of our customers grade their items the same way that our inspectors do. The other 25%, are split between customers who we increase their value, and others who do receive a lower value. Now we are working very hard and with feedback from our customers we have made recent changes to our site, and we launched a new quote page which is helping reduce the % of customers who are experiencing a revision to their quote.
Gazelle has processed almost 400, 000 trades this year alone, and we want each of our customers to have a positive experience, and we are more than happy to speak with your further about your experience and evaluate our process to make sure that we do everything possible to make sure that you’re happy with our service. Feedback from our users have helped us bring our program to where we are today, and your continued feedback will help us continue to refine and improve our program.
Please feel free to reach out to me, or one of my Customer Care supervisors directly and we would be happy to discuss this with you further.