logo

Afremov.com
SCAM
3. (9 mins ago)
LG Electronics USA
Warn your friends and family
4. (11 mins ago)

Gazelle.com Complaints & Reviews - Don't send anything to this company

Gazelle.com Contacts & Informations

Gazelle.com

Posted:    GeoJ89

Don't send anything to this company

Gazelle.com
When you send your electronics in for a program which buys your used Electronics they give you a quote before you send. Well I sent everything necessary to get this full price and then after they receive my equipment they claim things were missing and the quality was not correct and reduce your price. This is just a scam to get you to use their site and once they get your stuff they can claim anything. Don't send anything to this company. Their are plenty of other companies available.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Nov, 2009 by   Jennnifer J 0 Votes
There is another service out there that is great! Its called MyBoneyard.com. I have used it several times and have always received what I was quoted. One time I actually got more than I was quoted because when they got it they said it was actually better than what I said it was! Great service, great company and a great way to get some extra cash...
 2nd of Nov, 2010 by   41kare 0 Votes
They quote one price online and then when you send your item in you receive less than half the value-happened to me with a like new IPhone-they reduced the condtion to "poor" (it was like new) and when i asked them to return my phone they said too bad we sold it. I NEVER OK'd THEIR LOWER OFFER-they never emailed me with it I would have declined.
And notice they dont have a phone number on their website (by the way-it's 617-787-8002 should anyone need it) they appear to screw 95% of the consumer s that mail them items in good faith.
 3rd of Dec, 2010 by   Customercare@gazelle.com 0 Votes
Hello Kare,

I am sorry that you feel that you did not have a fair offer on your product. Since I don't have your real name or account information I could only speak about how our system is set up and what typically happens, however if you would like to contact us I would be happy to look into your exact transaction for you. When we receive an item into our warehouse we do inspect each item. If we find that the item is in better condition than what was on the original quote we will automatically pay out the higher price to you. If we determine that the items value is actually lower than what was originally quoted, we will send you an update email letting you know that the quote has changed, we will detail out why we feel that we needed to change the price, and what the new offer is. Then we give you 5 days to respond to this request. We do send out a reminder two days after the first email, then again two days later (so on day 3 and 5). If the item is not accepted at the end of the day on day 5 we will automatically accept the new offer and start processing of the payment to you. On top of the email notifications you can also log into your account on our website and check up on the status of your item. If the value changed you will also see the message here that it has changed and the message why it changed and instructions on how to proceed. Once an item has been accepted it moves to our sales team and the items are automatically listed for sale. At this point, there are times when the item could sell very quickly sometimes within a matter of minutes if it is an item in high demand. Once this happens there is no way for us to return the item. Our customer care team is available 7 days a week by either Live chat, or email support. We do not currently have a call center to support telephone inquiries, however we are expanding our customer care team and we will be adding this option very shortly. At this time, we are available Monday - Friday from 9am -10pm EST and Saturday and Sunday from 12pm - 8pm EST. Chat is available during all these hours, and emails are responded to within 24 hours or less.
If a customer has a question or concern about their inspection, our customer care team is happy to request that the inspector take another look at the item, or to ask that a supervisor inspect the item as well. On top of this we run a QA program to constantly monitor the inspections that are completed to make sure that every inspector is looking at the items in the correct way.

As for your estimation that 95% of our customers have new lower value, this could not be further from the truth. In reality more than 75% of our customers grade their items the same way that our inspectors do. The other 25%, are split between customers who we increase their value, and others who do receive a lower value. Now we are working very hard and with feedback from our customers we have made recent changes to our site, and we launched a new quote page which is helping reduce the % of customers who are experiencing a revision to their quote.

Gazelle has processed almost 400, 000 trades this year alone, and we want each of our customers to have a positive experience, and we are more than happy to speak with your further about your experience and evaluate our process to make sure that we do everything possible to make sure that you’re happy with our service. Feedback from our users have helped us bring our program to where we are today, and your continued feedback will help us continue to refine and improve our program.

Please feel free to reach out to me, or one of my Customer Care supervisors directly and we would be happy to discuss this with you further.

Patricia Bertrand
Sr. Manager
Customer Care
www.gazelle.com
 18th of Jan, 2011 by   mperlingiero77 0 Votes
I just recently sent a phone in to Gazelle.com. And I was really disappointed with them. Let me first say that I had a 5 or 6 month old Palm Pre Plus that I sent into sell to them. My employer put me on the company's phone plan as of Jan 1, 2011. This meant that they would be paying my phone bill, and that I would have to switch phone companies and in turn they bought me a new phone. so I sent my phone into Gazelle.com and the original offer of 74.00 was dropped down to 2.00. They stated that the phone had heavy cracks in the screen and around the casing. A list of about 10 things which basically they told me that I beat the crap out of my phone and sent it into them and expected them to give me 74.00. In my household we take care of our items because we don't have money to run out and buy brand new. Especially when you have 3 kids and two of them being teenagers. I sent the original box with the booklets on the phone the charger everything that I had. I have since declined the offer of 2.00 and asked for them to send me the phone and all the items back that I had sent them. Gazelle.com I am very disappointed in you. I haven't gotten the phone back yet. But I am wondering what exactly then did to it and if it is the phone I sent in.
 19th of Jan, 2011 by   Customercare@gazelle.com 0 Votes
Hi Meranda, we appreciate your feedback. Please note that the reported matter regarding your Palm Pre Plus is currently being looked into by our Inspection Department. A ticket had been initiated today 1/18/2011 when your concerns were addressed to one of our Customer Care agents earlier today. We will be following up in the next 24 hours.

Cordially,
Gazelle's Customer Care
 19th of Jan, 2011 by   mperlingiero77 0 Votes
follow up from yesterday's post. since I have posted my comments and concerns Gazelle.com did reevaluate my phone and we have agreed on a different amount. If any of you have a problem please speak to them and try to work something out.
 19th of Jan, 2011 by   Customercare@gazelle.com 0 Votes
Hi Meranda,
We are happy that you are satisfied with the resolution. We are always here to help. Should you or anyone have any concerns please feel free to contact us at customercare@gazelle.com or via Live Chat available at www.gazelle.com Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM EST and Saturdays and Sundays from 12 noon to 8:00 PM EST.

Sincerely,
Gazelle's Customer Care
 31st of Mar, 2011 by   James2012 0 Votes
This company is owned by an Israeli guy, what do you expect?
 20th of Apr, 2011 by   David McCormack 0 Votes
I sent my 2 phones into Gazelle.com and when they arrived there the post office said they were closed and could not deliver and that I have to tell the post office to redeliver, But when I went to the post office site to tell them to do a redilvery there was no place for me to have it redilivered to a business just a home. I contacted twice bye email and both times they have ignored my email. My phones are in limbo. I have a sirius satelite radio I am supposed to send them too but I will not send it till I get a responce from Gazelle. I don't know what the hold up is and why they haven't answered my email. I gave them all the info and even the info for the post office. They need to get back to me right quick, I am getting pissed it has been over 3 weeks now.
 20th of Apr, 2011 by   David McCormack +1 Votes
I forgot to say it was Gazelle that was closed the post office said.
 10th of May, 2011 by   Customercare@gazelle.com 0 Votes
Hi David,

Thank you for your comment, I am sorry to hear that you had this experience. We have been working with our local post office about this issue. We do not receive deliveries on Saturday's so recently the post office has been using a status saying that we are closed. Then they delivery the item to us on Monday morning. We have been attempting to get the post office to stop using this confusing message, however we have been unsuccessful in doing so. Customer care is available 7 days a week to answer any questions. If you would like to email or come to chat we would be happy to provide you an update on your transaction.
 24th of Jun, 2011 by   MARY SLADE 0 Votes
HELLO im a first time user of gazelle just today i received my shipping box(6-23-11)i have been reading some of these complaints which has made me skeptical about this company. I have been quoted $305.00 for my product so to be on the safe side i have video taped my product as well as the packaging process iwill be shipping my product out 6-27-11, hopefully all goes well my product is two months old still has the screen cover on it no scratches cracks or any flaws.if there is any issues with my product or the price i was quoted changes please contact me right away @mauricemills@verizon.net THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTREST IN MY PRODUCT HOPE WE WILL BE ABLE TO DO MORE BUSINESS IN THE FUTURE.
 29th of Jun, 2011 by   J-e-ll-o 0 Votes
I have used gazelle multiple times and have been more than satisfied with my experience! I have recommended them to multiple friends and will continue to do so.
 11th of May, 2013 by   nml118 0 Votes
Gazelle sends checks that BOUNCE! I sent Gazelle my iPhone 4 and on 1/22/13 I was issued a check for $40.00. I deposited the check and 2 days later it was returned with the reason being, "REFER TO MAKER". I contacted Gazelle and 2 days later emailed this W. Ryan a copy of the returned check along with the fee that the bank charged ($6.00) in statement form. NO RESPONSE. I have had 4 online chats and I get the same response from all of them, "I will send a ticket to our finance dept to have your check reissued". This has been going on since 5/1 and now I am giving Gazelle a response, "If I do not receive confirmation by Monday, 5/13 by 5pm, central time that my $46.00 is on its way I will file charges against Gazelle on Tuesday morning for theft. I want my money or my iPhone returned". My SR # is 65434048574. Issuing bad checks is against the law and I firmly believe that I am getting the run around and that this W Ryan is an imaginary person...
Nikolas Linton

Will the Lottery Fund Your Retirement?

Latest Groups