logo

Freetaxusa.com Complaints & Reviews - Customer service refuses to help

Freetaxusa.com Contacts & Informations

Freetaxusa.com

Posted: 2011-08-08 by    Limbas

Customer service refuses to help

Freetaxusa.com
freetaxusa.com
The creation of my return seemed to go very well. However, I outsmarted myself in the password department, and I accidentally threw the password away.

So fast forward to August. I'm trying to get prequalified to buy a home and I need my 2010 return. Forgotten password, no problem, use the forgotton password link. I opened the email they sent to me when I filed my return which has my username clearly listed. I enter my username as they provided it in the email. I entered my SSN. Bzzzzz. I get an error that they do not match. What?.? It IS my SSN and it IS the username they provided. I try several times and double check the username.

Customer service refuses to help. They continuously tell me I must have the username wrong. Will if I do, then its wrong because THEY told me the wrong one. After 4 exchanges of emails with them its clear that I'm baning my head against a brick wall. So I'll have to order a copy of my return from the IRS. That will take 7-10 weeks. So much for pre-qualification.

I guess you get what you pay for. Next time I'll use someone reputable like HRBlock or TurboTax.
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Apr, 2014 by   Billy D Browder 0 Votes
I filed my 2013 taxes with you again this year. I called the Louisiana State Revenue Department today to find out where my tax refund was and they informed me that they have never received the e-file. I was billed $12.95 which was deducted from my checking account, and now I need to know what happened. I had filed using my account for Randall Bruce Sanders and (myself) Billy Darrell Browder. I need
something done about this or a refund for services that were not fulfilled.
 1st of Apr, 2014 by   Billy D Browder 0 Votes
I also used your services in 2012 and everything was good, except for a problem I created myself and messed up in my State filing. I would appreciate a answer on the above question and also need help correcting this problem for the year 2012.
Darrell Browder
 22nd of Feb, 2015 by   chril 0 Votes
limbas should have made a copy of his return where it gives you a chance to do so before you sign out.

You Can Mix Your Own Laundry Detergent and Save!

Email: