unjustified debit of $19.95

Robert Ritter
3016 Walridge Road
Knoxville, Tennessee
Phone: 865-637-6246
I logged onto freecreditscore.com a few days ago, but logged out before completing the process required to get the credit scores. Now they have debited by checking accout for $19.95. I at no time authorized such an expenditure, and want to have the $19.95 refunded.
Complaint comments Comments (22) Complaint country United States Complaint category Unauthorized Charges

14th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
I also was SCAMED by this company. They are a ripoff. I canceled my account the same night, because I was told I would get my membership by email. I told them to cancel it. After the cancel, I recieved the membership number. I receive two emails with cancellations number. My checking account was charged anyway $16.28. On top of this I have letter from two different companies. FreeScore and Freecreditscore. They sent me this to confuse me. These companies are a scam and should be put out of business. I am not happy about this at all. I am reporting this to the BBB. People should know about this.
 13th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have tried to get my crediit report and credit score 2 different times. When clicked for the report, a message said Sorry, but you have already received a report. I had not received aa report ssince 2008. I tried last year and received the same message. Now they tell me to log-in to my membership account. I never signed up for a membership They have all my info plus my credit card info. We just cleared up a credit card theft and we need to know if it is on my credit report. I am also not a happy
customer. And I better not be charged for anything.
 13th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have tried to get my credit report and credit score 2 different times. When clicked for the report a message popped up that read; Sorry, but you have already received a report. I received a report in 2008. I tried last year and received the same type of message. Now 2010 they tell me to log in to membership accoount. I never signed up for an account. I don' t remember ever signing up for a membership. Now they have my informattion as well as my Credit Card info. We just cleare a credit card theft and we need to know if the theft is noted on our report I am also not a haappy customer. I hope they have not charged me for a report.
 20th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
July 20, 2010 Diana Teague

On June 9th 2010 I went to freecreditscore.com to try and get my credit report. I was instructed to give certain information and that I would only be charged $1.00 and would have a 30 day free trial to decided if I wanted to go ahead and keep this program. On June 10th 2010 my checking account was charged the $1.00 plus another $24.95. Then on June 19th 2010 another $22.95 and $19.95 was taken out of my checking account. Then again another $14.95 was taken out of my checking account on July 10 2010. When I discovered that all of these charges were taken, I and my husband called the number that was on our checking account and called these people and told them to cancel all of these accounts. Now on July 20 2010 they took another $19.95 out of our checking account. I again called them and asked them why they took more money out of our account. They told me that we still had 2 open accounts and I informed then that all of our accounts were cancelled and that I wanted my money back. Within a 5 week time this freecreditscore got $102.75 from our account. This freecreditscore is one of the biggest scams that I have ever seen or been taken for. I also agree that they need to be put out of business. I am also going to report them to the BBB. and you are right people need to know about this

5th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
Called and tried to cancel, but the person who I talked to didn't cancel it. She automatically put me in for 50% off the monthly payment. I said I wanted to CANCEL, not take 50% off!
 20th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have not purchased anything from freecreditscore.com, nor tried the free 30 trial. Without ever reading any of the complaints, I found it to be serious false advertising to call yourself FREE when you charge for your services, as well as your free trials.
 5th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
These people and all like them are ripoffs! I was charged $14.95 even though I cancelled online. Ugh!! THIS is a reminder of why I never do this stupid "free" or "trial" stuff...they always get you.

I called their CSR and complained, threatened report them to BBB, FTC, and every single online forum that I could find to tell everyone NOT to visit their site. He gave me some run around but I interrupted and said I don't care that your site has some small print that no one sees and that I'm sure they get these calls many times everyday. I demanded that my money be returned and account cancelled immediately.

They put me on hold, came back and said the money would be refunded and I would be getting an email notification. Waiting for that, but if it doesn't happen I will call again and it won't be pretty.

Don't take their crap! Call and get your money back!!
 11th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
This is DECEPTION. Nothing is free and "we" all know that. But you would think an intelligent person like Ben Stein would not align himself with this. Our economy has gotten so bad that people have to check their credit scores monthly? How ridiculous. You take responsibility for financial transactions and let the financial institutions make money on someone else. Shame on you, Ben Stein...you must not have much work to pay bills if you are "reaching" to make money from something so deceptive. The wonderful customer service supervisor, Nancy, was so adept at reading prescripted responses to disgruntled customers...and so very good at not allowing the customer (part of the customer in the position title of customer service...isnt' it?) to speak and constantly interrupting. When I asked who was going to speak first she stated that only she was going to speak. I did get one of the two months membership credited...but will not be so gullible ever again. It is a shame the human race cannot be trusted.
 1st of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
I used this site because I had been warned about other options AND because of the endorsement by Ben Stein. I was not only NOT able to access my credit scores -- I was charged and charged again. Customer Service is a wall -- expect anything but customer service. Don't go to the site -- it is nothing but a HOAX.
 20th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
This site cheats people. They charge customers silently without giving you any invoice notice. They use "free" word to cheat customers, it is illegal. I joined the site and gave them my credit card information. But no a credit report came out. I was not able to access to view my credit report. I called and they told me I was not charged. But later they kept billing me for a few months without any notice. By accident, I had to check my bank statements recently and discovered so many charges by them. They also put a trick and wok with a privacy protection together. At the same time, I was charged by privacy protection for over $100. I want my money back, but "freecreditscore.com" sent me a few emails with different people's names to fight with me for the money thwy charged. Is it shame? It is no difference compared to steal money. The company "freecreditscore.com" is located in 18500 Von Karman Avenue, Irvine, Ca.
 21st of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
Jan. 05, 2011, I went to FreeCreditScore.com to check my credit report, because they said it was FREE. When I got my credit card statment, I saw they charged me $14.95. If I knew it, I wouldn't give all my credit card imformation to them. I want my money back!!!
 25th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have been charged $29.95 even after i had cancelled my membership within 3 days. This is a total rip-off. They say i had clicked on something which said i would be paying $29.95 for their upgrade. As i remember there was nothing i clicked on. I want to go a very large extent to get this money eventhough its just small amount. Anybody plz suggest me if there is a consumer court or if i can mark this transaction as fraud from my bank.
 29th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
I'm so screwed - I didn't read this board before doing it 10 minutes ago. If I get charged $15 I don't care - I guess I deserve it but I do want to cancel my membership ASAP. Can someone please confirm that you were able to cancel successfully? How did you do it?
 8th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
Never Use This Site! I went on this site in order to get a confirmation number for an application that I needed. I sign up for the free trial that says cancel in 9 days and it's free(I'm paraphrasing). Not 3 days later, I'm balancing my checkbook and I see pending $29.95 from freecreditscore.com. So I call the number and speak to someone explaining according to their site it was free for 9 days. He said "Yes, to see one score, but you clicked to see all 3 scores which is why you got the charge." I said, "Excuse me, but unlike many people I actually READ the terms & conditions and User Agreements because I have been fooled before, and there was nowhere on your site that this was even mentioned." He says, "Yes ma'am it was." I say, "This is bullshit!" he says, " Ma'am we do not tolerate profanity..." And I reply "Well guess what? I don't tolerate unauthorized charges on my account AND being called a liar, cancel the account and I'll be calling my bank." Account was cancelled and I am now in a dispute through my bank with this so-called "freecreditscore" b.s. company. Steer clear and beware!!!
 30th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
On April 24th I went to get a free trial of my credit score and cancelled two days later on April 26th. On the next day I see a charge on my account for $31.95. I called costumer service to report to them about these charges and they proceeded to say that because I saw all 3 of my scores thats why I'm getting charged. I replied "I know what I read and I didn't accept to pay any charges to see my score". I explained to them whats the point of seeing my score on a free trial if im getting charged for it. With all the back and forth they said that they can only give me $17.00 back. I know what I read and agreed to but they refused to refund me the whole amount. I'm a truly dissatissfied costumer and they are a rip off. Who can I contact to report this problem??
 23rd of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes

Phone: 1-877-300-2506

I went to this site to get just what they claimed they offered -- my free credit score. In order to establish an account to get started, you had to enter a credit card number. Now I feel like a fool because I fell for it -- I know better than to provide this! -- but they seemed legit and it appeared to be an understandable request. I completed registration, got one score from Experian, but was then notified that to get the other two scores, I'd have to pay $31.95. I was not interested in paying for those two, so I said NO THANK YOU and immediately cancelled my account to avoid the $14.00 membership fee that would be charged after the 7-Day Free Trial expired. I received a notice of my account being closed, no charges will be made, and I figured that was it. A few days later, I'm checking my statement and notice a charge from Experian for $31.95 -- they didn't even specify who was charging me! I called my bank, who tracked down a phone number, who then told me it was indeed coming from FreeCreditScore.com. I sat on hold with a young lady with very poor command of the English language, and finally asked to speak to a supervisor for further "discussion" of this charge. This original person said she'd give me a deal and credit back $17 of that $32 charged, but when I again asked for a supervisor she hung up on me (accidentally, I'm sure...) Finally, after calling back again and sitting on hold AGAIN, I was connected to a supervisor who basically said "Yeah, I understand this is tricky wording, and you don't feel like you agreed to be charged, but when you first signed up and agreed to the Terms and Conditions you were OKing them to go ahead and charge for all three." Never mind that I specifically said NO, DO NOT WANT to the charge for $31.95... never mind that I immediately cancelled my membership and only viewed one score...never mind that the Terms and Conditions were basically in a foreign language to anyone but the lawyers who crafted it. By simply creating an account you are charged $32. The supervisor was quite condescending, and her only response to my specific questions was "I will explain what you agreed to again", as if I didn't understand that they were ripping me off. I am so disgusted with this whole industry of stealing money from people just trying to obtain information about themselves -- why it is so difficult?! And I know it's only $32, hardly going to break the bank and barely worth the effort to try to recover, but it's the principle of the thing. I'm 100% confident that I am not the only person this has happened to, and $32.00 from thousands or maybe even millions of unsuspecting customers will definitely add up. I just can't believe I fell for it!
 23rd of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes
For a TRULY free credit score, go to CreditKarma.com; referenced by Clark Howard show.
 28th of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes
annualcreditreport.com is free once a year
 16th of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes

Freecreditscore.com - I was charged $31.95 during the first 10 minutes of my free trial

What a joke!!! I was charged $31.95 during the first 10 minutes of my free trial for a full credit report I didn't ask for. After requesting a refund they stated they could only refund me $17. I told them to cancel my account completely and they literally started whining like little kids to keep my business. I asked for a full refund and they offered me a membership for 50% off. I said not unless they refund me the full $31.95. They wouldn't so I hung up on them. They did cancel my account but would not give me the full refund. Stay as far away from this site as you can. SCAM!
 16th of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes

Freecreditscore.com - Wrongfully charged
Free Credit Score

Do not EVER go to this website. If you want your credit report, go to annualcreditreport.com. They will give you all 3 bureaus reports for free once a year. If you want your score in addition, you do have to pay for it, but I promise it will be less than what you end up being charged at freecreditscore.com. I cancelled within the 7 day period, so I thought I wouldn't be charged anything. However, I had unknowingly clicked on the link to see all 3 bureaus reports. When I clicked on the link on the left side of the screen under the reports tab, I was disappointed to see that I could still only see the Experian report and score. I didn't think anything of it until my card was charged 31.95 twice because my husband had done the same thing. My chase card called to ask if it was fraud. I said, "Yes, I didn't authorize any payment of 31.95." I didn't even know where that number came from. He got a customer service representative from freecreditscore.com on the phone with us. He insisted that it says "somewhere" that the 3 Bureau Credit Report is 31.95. So, I was very annoyed. The only reason a company doesn't make that explicitly known is that they WANT to trick people. However, I moved on to the point that I never even got to see a 3 bureau credit report. He then walked me through the website to the location of the report. When I clicked on what he told me to, it said, "Upgrade to a 3 Bureau Credit Report." Experian was there, but Trans Union and Equifax were not. He basically said it must be my computer because it's there. He was very rude, and he would not listen to me when I said it wasn't there. Finally, I told him I didn't want to talk to him anymore, and he said, "Fine, so you are admitting that you were rightly charged 31.95." I said, "No. I was not rightly charged. I didn't know I would be charged, and I didn't even get the service that I was charged for. I am done talking to you. I would like to speak with the Chase customer service person now." I thought he hung up, and I started to say something to the Chase representative. He told me to wait because the freecreditscore.com guy was hanging on the line to listen to MY private conversation with MY BANK. He was told to get off the line. The freecreditscore guy said, "Just one minute." He then got off the line. I am DISGUSTED with this organization. I have never dealt with such an underhanded, dirty company. This is the first complaint I have EVER written. I am not one to complain. I have disputed the charges with my credit card and reported them to the Better Business Bureau, so I don't know if anything will come of that. I just want to warn others now, so they can maybe learn from my mistake.

Contact Us