logo

Joe Amico
Cyber stalker
5. (23 mins ago)
ZONG
taking money off my phone for poker chips and not given me any

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    berk110

membership fees

fitness 19
Colorado Springs, Colorado
I have been a member of Fitness 19 for a while. I really enjoy the gym. But when I asked about signing up my wife and kid, I expected some kind of break on enrollment fees...but there was none. They want me to pay enrollment fees on both my wife and kid...I don't feel I should have to to that. It would cost over $350.00 to sign up my family.
I am retired military and it cost me nothing to work out on base. There should be some kind of substantial military discount to entice military members to join.

Any way...I may have to terminate my membership so I can workout with my family
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Apr, 2009 by   jules 0 Votes
So, basically, you think you should just be 'given' these things because you are 'special' or what? If you can work out at the base for free, then why don't you ask the base if your wife and kid can come with you there instead? Just because you are retired military, the rest of society isn't required to acknowledge your achievements by giving you free items or services. Get over yourself and quit wasting other hardworking people's time.
 18th of Apr, 2009 by   berk110 +1 Votes
Get a life you poor bitter person
 29th of Apr, 2009 by   Liana 0 Votes
I just enrolled at Fitness 19.. I saw this flyer for 9 dollars enrollment fee and 9 dollars a month.. but when i went in.. it was a totally different idea.. i thought i would be getting that price.. but when we sat down.. it was only for certain days to go to.. you could either choose.. monday, wednesday, friday... or sunday, tuesday, thursday.. which wouldn't work out for me.. plus there was a 49 dollars lock in fee.. and thats where they got me.. then the lady started to show me other plans.. and im just like.. this is just not right.. so the next plan was 12 dollars enrollment 49 dollars lock in fee... (what is a lock in fee, anyways... i don't get it.. ) and then it would be 12 dollars a month.. then another plan she explained.. im like i dunno what to do... then she says theres a family plan.. and its for all clubs.. so it will be 99 dollars for enrollment.. (which i thought it was totally expensive).. then its 49 dollars lock in fee.. then only 7 dollars a month... (now im thinking this is just like every other gym.. even tho is says on the flyer..the workers dont work on commission...(which i dont believe that now after i got signed up...)... but my boyfriend was with me too.. so i thought okay.. the lady almost made it sound like it was 99 dollars for both of our enrollments.. then i asked her again to make sure.. she said it would be 99 dollars for each of us(which would be 198 dollars).. and 49 dollars for each of us for the lock in fee( which would be another 98 dollars).. then it would 7 dollars a month for me.. and 5 dollars a month for my boyfriend.. so i couldn't figure out all the calculations.. but the lady was telling us.. that the deal is better than any other gyms out there.. which is partly true.. but i was not expecting to spend that much money.. i guess over time.. it would be cheaper than the other gyms.. after looking at as.. 7 dollars a month.. and 5 dollars a month... but the enrollment fee.. was just a little too much... i didnt understand how they could charge that much.. after showing the fyer with a 9 dollar enrollment fee... but she talked me into it.. so we got the all club membership.. costing the 2 of us together 320 dollars out the door.. after that.. i been researching ever since then about fees at the gyms and everything.. it just doesn't seem right.. im upset that i even spent that much.. i never thought i would esp. for a gym membership.. it was basically 162 dollars for me out the door and 158 dollars for my boyfriend out the door.. thats more than we bargained for.. i just dont get how a 9 dollars special enrollment fee for a certain plan could change to a 99 dollars enrollment for a different plan.. i just dont get that..
 2nd of May, 2009 by   jules +1 Votes
They can change it into a different plan for 99 dollars because they can get people like you to pay for it!
 18th of Jun, 2009 by   Hello123 0 Votes
The workers don't make comission! I was sucked into to being an employee for a month with this company. We were paid 8 $ per hour and worked 50 hours a week without overtime pay. The reason why they were so pushy is because the owners are down throats to get memberships. I was young was was being taken advantage of as an employee. I always advise people not to sign up with them now that I know the company's background.
 23rd of Jul, 2009 by   spartacus_24 0 Votes
First, I saw the flyer about the fitness 19.It says 9 dollars for enrollment and 9 dollars per month..I was like really glad about it. Before i planned to join.I search on internet first and i just found out about this complaints about fitness 19 so i called them and i asked about it...They said 15 per month is the enrollment fee and also 15 dollars for monthly payment so it made me think of something wrong about it so i searched again in the internet about the complaints and i found out that u need to pay for lock in pay so i called them for the second time..i asked them about the lock in fees and they're really shock about this..They said it is optional..but if u don't want to pay for lock i pay u need to pay 29 dollars per month.I was really shock about this..and i mentioned them again about the flyer..they said bring the flyer tonight..it seems that the man on the phone was really really nervous.I realized to myself that not all information about the flyers are true..
 18th of Nov, 2009 by   jackson1972 +1 Votes
The guy is right, , , what a crappy gym, , , , they have the worst consumer assistance of anyplace I have ever been to.
 26th of Nov, 2010 by   tmjb +1 Votes
A new fitness 19 gym opened up near my house and i got the membership for 79. This includes 49 for the lock in fee (which is reasonable), 10 for the first month and 10 for the last, and 10 dollars enrollment fee=$79. im just paying 10 bucks a month, plus i got 2 certificates for referrals and whoever i refer will get the same price im paying plus my membership fee will be reduced by a dollar. 8-9 bucks a month for a membership sounds damn good to me, no complaints here. I dont see why employees would make commission btw. Maybe the ones in charge of setting up new memberships, but the pt's, front desk girls, etc have no real reason to be making commission.
 28th of Feb, 2011 by   mybloodyvalentine 0 Votes
Fitness19 "acts" like their not a high-pressure, hard-sell gym, but it's a lie. They're just like all of the other bait & switch, false-advertising, commission-based scammin' gyms out there. Sad, but true. Why is it so hard for "any" business to be "honest." And you wonder why this country is 14 trillion dollars in debt. It's "not" because the politicians and corporate "owners" of this country are "honest" or competent. Sad. Thieves with no conscience.
 17th of Aug, 2011 by   baj050812 +2 Votes
Wow! It's amazing how these people are complaining about paying for a gym membership! Do you expect everything for free? They explain to you, a "lock in fee" is simply a price to lock in your rate for as long as you're a member with them. Every gym has an enrollment fee. Hell, anything you do, buying insurance, enrolling in college classes, anything has an enrollment fee. How does anyone expect Fitness 19 to have quality equipment if they're not charging those fees. Obviously, they couldn't pay bills, their employees and still have nice facilities and equipment with 5, 7, 15 dollar memberships! I'm proud to say I've been a member with the company and if I needed a job, I'd work there! Also, my daughter has a few friends that work there and no, they don't work off commission!
 23rd of Aug, 2011 by   anonymous90805 0 Votes
Is this a joke. I don't think this is a real letter simply because Fitness 19 doesn't sign up four year olds and certainly doesn't allow them in the free weight area.
 9th of Oct, 2011 by   LaShawn3 0 Votes
I just signed up for Fitness 19 in Snellville, Ga and I paid $71 sign up fee and I would be charged $12 a month. They said I can get my first personal training session for free and then i could pay, I must admit those number were a little out my range. But I am sure I will do fine loosing weight on my own. I do not think this is bad at all. Tomorrow will be my first day and I am so excited.
 8th of Dec, 2011 by   Ranger99 0 Votes
So he is retired military, so am I. But you have to admit that is sounds a little ridiculous! I have a brother, sister, aunt, 5 cousins etc that wanna join. Can I get a military discount for them to? Really man, stop whining! Pay the fee or work out on base, don't post whiney complaints on the web.
 28th of Dec, 2012 by   alan12 0 Votes
your all stupid for joining any fitness center buy your own equipment or go jogging . at a park its free!!! no fees for me! stop paying those num nuts. use that money for something else that make sense

Secret Shopper Check Fraud