logo

Fingerhut

Posted: 2013-05-07 by

safeline plus

Fingerhut
I never realized that I was being charged for safeline plus on my account... I called to request it removed or have proof of enrollment and was told I can only be refunded for the past 60 days... I tried to ask for a phone number to safeline plus but was told there was none.. I will be contacting the BBB and the Attorney Generals Office.. This is illegal and fingerhut needs to know this
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Mar, 2014 by    0 Votes
i have an account with fingerhut, they have been charging with some kind of insurance plus safeline, was able to cancel the insurance but not safeline, no telephone number available, how could a bussiness do this?Is this legal?
 16th of Jan, 2015 by    -1 Votes
I.m experiencing the same situation with both my Fingerhut account and my Gettington account. I finally received a call from Safeline in that I didn't sign up for it. The representative I spoke with was sympathetic once I explained that I was self-employed and completely aware that Safeline Insurance wouldn't benefit me. When I spoke with Fingerhut collections they were very supportive and understood my reason for not paying due to accruing interest as a result of Safeline's Insurance policy. Hopefully Safeline will deduct the $1, 200 quickly.
 18th of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
I recently found that Safeline has been charging my account monthly for 8 months. I did review the information when it was offered, but did not sign up when I read the terms and conditions. There is currently a "case" set up for me to receive a refund and as the person above stated, the Rep was very sympathetic. Has anyone received their refund? Also I found that no only are you charged for a service that you did not sign up for but Fingerhut also collects interest on that charge. I would suggest that you contact Fingerhut when and if you receive a refund and ask for the interest on these charges be refunded as well.
 6th of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes
I experienced the same thing. I never signed up for any safeline plus and I have never use that service and they have been charging me for it for the last 6 years and I just found out about it. They are very apologetic but it leads to nowhere I have been calling and calling and calling requesting to have my money refunded and they just keep telling me somebody will contact me but they never do. I will be seeking legal advice because this is fraud. They cannot legally charge you for any service you did not use or sign up for

Voting Against the Recently-Passed U.S. Health Care Reform