FingerHut

Posted: May 7, 2013 by

safeline plus

3.35
Fingerhut
I never realized that I was being charged for safeline plus on my account... I called to request it removed or have proof of enrollment and was told I can only be refunded for the past 60 days... I tried to ask for a phone number to safeline plus but was told there was none.. I will be contacting the BBB and the Attorney Generals Office.. This is illegal and fingerhut needs to know this
Complaint comments Comments (10) Complaint country United States Complaint category Credit Cards

Comments

4th of Mar, 2014 by    0 Votes
i have an account with fingerhut, they have been charging with some kind of insurance plus safeline, was able to cancel the insurance but not safeline, no telephone number available, how could a bussiness do this?Is this legal?
 16th of Jan, 2015 by    -1 Votes
I.m experiencing the same situation with both my Fingerhut account and my Gettington account. I finally received a call from Safeline in that I didn't sign up for it. The representative I spoke with was sympathetic once I explained that I was self-employed and completely aware that Safeline Insurance wouldn't benefit me. When I spoke with Fingerhut collections they were very supportive and understood my reason for not paying due to accruing interest as a result of Safeline's Insurance policy. Hopefully Safeline will deduct the $1, 200 quickly.
 18th of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
I recently found that Safeline has been charging my account monthly for 8 months. I did review the information when it was offered, but did not sign up when I read the terms and conditions. There is currently a "case" set up for me to receive a refund and as the person above stated, the Rep was very sympathetic. Has anyone received their refund? Also I found that no only are you charged for a service that you did not sign up for but Fingerhut also collects interest on that charge. I would suggest that you contact Fingerhut when and if you receive a refund and ask for the interest on these charges be refunded as well.
 6th of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes
I experienced the same thing. I never signed up for any safeline plus and I have never use that service and they have been charging me for it for the last 6 years and I just found out about it. They are very apologetic but it leads to nowhere I have been calling and calling and calling requesting to have my money refunded and they just keep telling me somebody will contact me but they never do. I will be seeking legal advice because this is fraud. They cannot legally charge you for any service you did not use or sign up for
 27th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
The number I called for Safeline is 855-582-2128. I received a partial refund, requested all of it to be refunded. Will be waiting.
 10th of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
Same thing happened to me. I got a lawyer right now, sitting here, filling out the paperwork. They charged my account 17.11 to the tune of 400.00 before i noticed this on the balance. They refunded 33 bucks. And, won't send me documention of my enrollement, so, the lawyer is filling out the paperwork we are suing.

Do not use Fingerhut no matter what.
 29th of Nov, 2016 by    0 Votes
@Jack Collins Did you and your attorney get results you were seeking?
 18th of Jan, 2016 by    0 Votes
I found out that safeline plus has been charging me since April of 2015. Said that I called in to sign up for it which is not true. They are ripping people off and Fingerhut needs to do something .
 25th of May, 2016 by    0 Votes
I am so mad right now. Just noticed that I have been charged for the last several months on my Fingerhut account this Safeline Plus crap.

Cancelled their service over the phone, they didn't offer me any refund when I told them that I NEVER signed up for their service. Wrote them another email telling them that I will not pay my bill until these charges are removed. This is so maddening and it is just plain WRONG!!
 25th of May, 2016 by    0 Votes
After years of paying for this insurance, which I don't remember ordering because I was retired until just before needing it, it only made one payment after I was admitted to the hospital on February 24 and stayed in Rehab until March 11. I'm still receiving home health care and am under the care of several doctors. I still can't return to work and it's May 25th. Safeline says I have to be in the hospital for 30 days. I can't find that anywhere in the Safeline Summary and can't find a more complete statement of benefits anywhere. This is definitely a scam!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree