Fingerhut

Posted:

customer service/shipping

Fingerhut
On April 9, 2011 I ordered an 18" grill that I have not been able to find elsewhere from Fingerhut. I did this online, and applied for and received a credit limit of $700. The total cost was approimately $70, including shipping...so it was not a high priced item. This is my first order from them, having received MANY catalogs. The order processing went fine, but all went to hell after that. The confirmation on 4-9-11 claimed they would ship between 1 and 5 days. By the way, there was a "free" gift involved, which they shipped on 4-11-11, and I received on 4-14-11 via USPS. Prior to the actual grill shipment, I sent Customer Service emails asking who the carrier would be. They have NEVER returned any of my emails!! I received a shipping notice on 4-13-11 saying "Your order is being shipped", along with a tracking number...but without a carrier name. On that notice it also said that " shipping within 10 shipping days". Not knowing for sure whether it actually shipped, I called them and found out that it shipped via "Speedy". They also said it could take up to 30 days for the shipment to arrive, which REALLY irritated me. I eventually found out that "Speedy" operates out of Canada, could not get any tracking on it, so I called them back. They (Fingerhut) claims the shipment is in transit, but could not give me an estimated delivery date. Via email, I asked to cancel my order, but have not heard from that either. Anyway, my order is supposedly on it's way, so I am forced to sit and wait. Have not ever heard of "Speedy" delivery service in the USA. I am an elderly gentleman, and only am able to get out for grocery shopping, doctor appts and general small shopping trips. For the past 3 years all of my main shopping for all holidays, birthdays, etc. has been online through some great companies. Have experienced shipments via USPS, UPS and FedEx, all with excellent tracking. This is the first and last time that I will order anything through Fingerhut. For the hell of it, I returned their "free" item at a cost ($6.65), which I absorbed. The "free" gift was a cheap "throw" of very poor quality, which I would not have in my apartment. Maybe they will give it to a charitable organization, which is what I should have done.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Other
Was the above complaint useful?

Contact Us