logo

Posted:

High Pressure Sale

Health-Mor
Michigan
We got a scratch off card in the mail. I scratched it off and got 4 kings and a 7.. I decided to call the number to see what I had won. Teresa had told me that in order to determine what we had won, we would have to listen to a 45 minute presentation. She stated how they don't do any commercial advertising, how they just have people come in and do presentations. And that me and my husband had to be together. So apparently my Hubby made the appointment, since his friends had done the same thing.. So again Teresa had told me that we wouldn't have to buy it just listen to the presentation and then we would get our free prize.

So we had the guy come. They told us it would only be like 45 minutes. It was more like 2 hours. Not my idea of fun. Coming home from work to hear some guy ramble on and on about this vacuum and defender. He told us that it would be in total of $2750. But he was sure he could talk to his manager and see if he could get 800 off instead of 400. So then we ask him about the Knives we are supposed to get. Hes like uhm, well if you qualify and get one, I'll bring those out when I bring you your set. Are you serious?

Don't be fooled. This isn't a presentation its a high pressure sales pitch! And you won't get any prize!
You need to really research this product and their sales pitch before you can buy anything.. Plus you can get it on ebay for cheaper.
And at the end of his presentation he will ask you for 10-20 people who you think would be interested in this product..
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Appliances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
It sounds like the kirby of the region i live in.
 15th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I received a scratch off today also with four kings and a 7! I thought it was a scam and I haven't called the number yet either! I am so glad that you posted your comment. Thank you so much and I hope others don't get fooled by this horrible scam.
 10th of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes
I agree! This happened to me. Four kings and a 7! It was from Sound Air Solutions in Everett. It came from the inside of the ads that come with my Redmond Reporter, (city newspaper) Co sponsored by FilterQueen who I've also done research on who does this same tactic!!! Do they think we are stupid?! Yes. But here is my picture PROOF! Both numbers, toll free and regular lead to the company, NOT a prize hotline as the internet has shown.
 25th of Apr, 2013 by    +1 Votes
Yeah I too received the same scratch card and got the 4 kings and a 7 poker hand ! Such a joke to say that everyone had just scratched the top winning hand that is a "1:1, 000, 000" chance of receiving ! On top of that, to actually receive a free scratch and win card in the mail just giving away prizes like the $10, 000 I just apparently won doesn't make any sense. This particular scam is for the FilterQueen Indoor Air Quality System in my town. These con artist's make me sick, as I read they have got a lot of people under their trickery and trading hard earned money for terrible products and wasted time !
 9th of Jul, 2013 by    0 Votes
just received a poker jackpot post card in the mail with my paper. I scratched it off and saw that I was a winner with 4Jand one 2. I look back to see what I had won and it was a digital camera. So I called the local number on the post card. Well, the representative said this is only for home owners. Since I rent an apartment I am not eligible.
 31st of Jan, 2014 by    0 Votes
Thank you so much for your comments everyone and the post overall. This scam was about to happen to my parents and I was researching on it. They are older people and very naive so I have to keep an eye on them. I am very glad that someone actually posted something and I was able to find it cause they have an appointment scheduled. I hope tomorrow they can call and cancel it because no one has time for it. I feel bad that they trick people just because of the prize that they supposedly give and people that could really use that money fall into this. Again, thanks a lot!
 8th of May, 2014 by    0 Votes
I too received 4 kings and a 7. I was about to call when I decided to check it out on google.
Thank you so much for your report. You saved me a lot of irritation. I called them just to see what they would say. Sure enough, he started reading their little speech and wanting to set up an appt to get my opinion on an air filter. It would take an hour and I'd be guaranteed a prize. So I was able to say that it was too long a meeting and decline. Thank you, again.
 8th of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
Isn't it great to be able to google "four kings and a seven" and find out so quickly that I'm a 'loser".
Thanks all
 27th of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
We had the Filter Queen vacuum scammers come by door-to-door 20 years ago. Young guy said he was doing a college marketing course project, could he practice a presentation on us. He looked about 18. Let him in, half an hour of amazing claims and horrendous giant pictures of dust-mites later there's a surprise knock on the door. His "manager" with the deal of the century for us, plus all the contract forms ready to go. Being quite blunt but polite it took a further 45 minutes to get the 2 of them to leave. They couldn't believe how we were letting such a deal slip through our fingers. Scammers they were, but we got them! One of our pillows got vacuumed for free!!
Now today I have 4 Kings and a 7. It seems to = a $10, 000 prize. WooHOO!! Called right away and set up my appointment.
 19th of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
It is very much a scam. All you will "win" with 4K7 is a $16 serving set. The 4J2 is just a BBQ set. All it is to get a vacuum cleaner salesman into your house. Also, these are $3000 vacuum cleaners. They intentionally don't have the prizes and the hands match up. They do put it in very small print, but want you to think you won the grand prize. Also, if pressed, the person you call has to say they don't know what prize you won or they have to match it up with a "master key chart". That way you will let the salesman into your house. Don't do it. Also, the prizes and the hands on the back are in reverse. The $10, 000 wining hand is the 3Q, however, with the way its matched up, you'll throw away the card thinking you won the serving set. Its a complete scam all the way around.
 21st of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
I got with 4K7 today. Thanks for your post. I decide throwing the card into garbage can without a call.
 21st of Mar, 2015 by    +1 Votes
After reading these complaints, I setup an appointment and the manager and a sales lackey came along to the call. I had them wait in their car saying I was in an emergency phone call and gave them the 1 minute hand signal in my window every 30 mins to get them to stay saying that I'd be just off the phone.

They ended up staying 2 hours before they left without even saying good bye.
 25th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
Just discovered that my 78 year old mother was swindled by this company. She has beginning dimentia. She has been paying on a loan for 2 years now. The original loan amount was $3200.00 for 2 air-cleaners!! Plus she gave them almost $4000.00 on her credit card for two "heaters". They took her fantastic Hoover as a "trade-in". She was so embarassed she hid all of these transactions for 2 years. She has been having trouble with her checkbook so I offered to help her. Thats how these fraudulent transactions were discovered. She said the 1st guy was inside her house for 4 hours, WOULD NOT LEAVE. She finally signed his paperwork just to get him to leave. Next week another guy, same company shows up with the heaters. She was never told how much they would cost. I believe that these transactions are also related to a medical alert system ("Ive fallen & cant get up" type of necklace) that she purchased by yet another door-to-door salesman. Is a cooinsidence that they ran a credit report on her the same day the loan disbursed? Highly unlikely! My mom loves scratch tickets. Thanks for giving me a clearer picture of how this SCAM started.
 10th of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes
I just received a scratch off in the mail today also. Again, 4 kings and a 7. Sounds like that's the only ones they're giving out. I'd never heard of Filter Queen, so I decided to research it. I'm glad I did. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I'm very sorry, preying on grandma, that she was taken advantage of like that.
 22nd of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes
I got the Gold Rush scratch ticket in the mail today and of course it turned out to be a winner, go figure. Mine had a 2 and four Jacks. I noticed right away where it said on the back that the "order of winning hands does not match the order of prizes", meaning they could give you whatever the hell they wanted, most likely the cheapest item ($16 serving set), if anything at all. I wasn't going to waste my time sitting through a long presentation for something I knew I wasn't going to ever even consider buying. Companies that do in-home presentations don't sell their products in regular stores because they are usually outrageously expensive and people would just go with cheaper brands. My mom got suckered into buying a $2000 Electrolux vacuum that way and was also talked into selling them just so she could get hers for cheaper plus receive special accessories that only their representatives can get.
The scratch ticket also said on the front that it was for homeowners only, so I knew I wouldn't qualify anyway. I thought about giving the card to a friend who actually does own her home, but then decided to research FilterQueen as I had never heard of them before. I'm glad I did, I saved someone else from possibly getting scammed by this shady company.

Saving on Spring Break