NprComputers vs. FGUA
5004/5006 Shamrock Dr.
New Port Richey, Florida
Phone: 727-277-8006
Please contact us with any knowledge of a class-action suit against FGUA for billing issues.

Fgua "purchased" the water monopolies (Lindrick and Aloha that we know of). Their first bill to our computer store was for 16000 gallons of water (we don't drink that much coffee).

Numerous calls and weeks later we get a call from a representative of FGUA that stated there were numerous billing issues in their office and after apologizing for the overage in our consumption/billing he assured me that they would take the next three bills (half a year in the future) and from that would average the bill we overpaid for and then allocate the overage to the bill following the next three bills (we're billed every two months and typically it's 12-15 dollars). I suggested he take our last 6 months bills and average them instead (seems more logical, yet perhaps less profitable for the profiteer monopoly).

In any event, FGUA's claim is that the prior company did not keep proper records (we offered ours, simple right?).

In short, this is nothing more than a numbers game and here's how it's played: XCorporation overbills millions of people KNOWING FULL AND WELL that only a percentage of them will notice or if they notice even fewer will have time to address the phone tag buffer. So that translates in millions to allocate toward the few thousand they might have to pay when drawn to court.

Needless to say, we prefer real patriotism here and capitalism never really sat right with me anyway (ESPECIALLY since the monopoly board holds so few players) so if anybody else out there is interested please contact us by stopping by or calling. We will be sending flyers out to our neighbors in the immediate community here hoping that there's a provable pattern (and I think there just might be) of overbilling.

5006 Shamrock Dr.
New Port Richey, FL
(727) 277-8006

Complaint comments Comments (38) Complaint country United States Complaint category Utility Services
Was the above complaint useful?

5th of Jun, 2013 by    0 Votes
 17th of Jun, 2013 by    0 Votes
I'm mystified. My bill is averaging $255 a month! This is for two retired people! They must think we stay in the shower all day long. The biggest puzzle is the sewage charges...and yes, we do flush our toilets! But most of the water usage is from a once a week lawn watering (20 min per zone) and we know that water does not go down the sewer. So how can FGUA justify charging me triple $$$ for sewage when the water is absorbed by the ground??? When I called I was told that they give us a "break" by only charging us sewage charges for the first 10, 000 gallons of water. Are they kidding? This is a break?
 23rd of Oct, 2013 by    0 Votes
I was away from my house in Lehigh for 4 years and now my bill has accrued over $2000!!! How is this even possible or even LEGAL! How do these people sleep at night???? It's seriously disgusting and I have no other choice but to go through these disgusting assholes. There should be legal action against them!!! This is a scam and theft and needs to be stopped!
 24th of Oct, 2013 by    0 Votes
Luckily, after seeing that this monopoly of racketeering was still sending bills for no service and no product, I left florida~! Now if the storms would stop following me around (a tree fell on the bus breaking a 200w @ 24v solar panel from it's array ';-(

1st of Dec, 2013 by    0 Votes
We were not living in our house for months and we kept receiving water bills, we questioned them and they had someone come out and check for leaks. They said there were no leaks. We turned off the water value at our house and had lock put on our two outside faucets. Bills kept coming to the amount of $377.03.
We have since sold the house. They have the nerve to turn it over to a collection agency. Not sure what to do? Angry
 17th of Jan, 2014 by    0 Votes
I just moved to New Port Richey a month ago. I'm single, disabled, have no pool, and am used to $34 per month water bills. My first bill with fgua for 29 days was for $160!! I cant pay that on disability! Fgua said I must have a leak but there is no evidence anywhere of a leak. Upon finding this link, it appears I found the answer to what's going on. Let's do something to stop this-from contacting the media to filing a class action suit. Join me!
 17th of Jan, 2014 by    0 Votes
They told me my usage tripled because I filled my in ground pool. They said I called in and told them I did. I don't have a pool! They manually read the meters and must have switched the meter numbers with my neighbors. Lucky them. They refused to check, correct, or adjust! By the way, I work for a water billing company in Safety harbor and we can only charge what the municipality's rates are. It's the law or your are profiting from selling water! If there is a class action lawsuit please call me too!

Rhiannon and Dan
 11th of Mar, 2014 by    0 Votes
i live in pasco too, and the bill is going over the fence .the house is empty and we try to sell the house but with all the problem that we have we coudn't do it . i speak with one of that office and they told me tha if the house still in our name the are going to sent abill for the service no matter if we dont use the water .we cancel the service 5 years ago and still sending abill., how we are going to pay for something that we don't use, that's not fair, has to be something that we can do it to stop this repo
 4th of Apr, 2014 by    0 Votes
It is complete BS that we have to pay a bill if we aren't utilizing their service. The answer I received from these idiots is that we have to pay each month to cover all the people losing their homes and the snow birds. They said it's the only way to pay their employees or they would be out of business. They put a lien on my house for 157.00!!! This is a complete joke!
 7th of Jul, 2014 by    0 Votes
My mother passed away in April of this year 2014 and her house has been empty for almost the last 3 months however she has been getting charged every month from FGUA out of her checking acct. So today 7/7/14 I contacted FGUA to let them know that she had passed away and to ask them about the charges, and let them know that I would now be needing her water bill sent to my address because her bank account was going to be closed due the probate process that was beginning. I would need this done so that I could pay the water until her house had been sold. They had the audacity to tell me that I would need to pay a $25 connection fee even though the water has never been disconnected and that I would need to pay a $150 deposit fee ALL this so I can pay them and on an empty house!!!
 1st of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
I recently move to Trinity from Tampa. I was a renter and paid water and sewer through a third party provider of the apartment complex. My bills were about $50 a month which was fair to me because my son does takes long showers. I am in receipt of my second bill from FGUA and notice that they charge the same amount of consumption for sewer as they do for water, however the sewer rate is much higher. The rate to me is normal as I know the sewer rates are higher than then water rates...what I don't get is how can they determine that all the water being used is going down the sewer?! I drink filter water from my refrigerator, for coffee, for cooking. There is at least 1-2 gallons a day that I know for sure is not going down the sewer! My bill was $15 more dollars than I paid in Tampa. I am waiting for a call back from FGUA which I know will result in nothing. Initial call to them is that is the way the water and sewer is calculated. If we are going to be charged for something, at least let it be the correct amount! I believe that FGUA needs to take into consideration the amount of water that does not go down the sewer since that rate is higher than water rate.
 2nd of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
I have lived here in Trinity for many years now and love my home, property and neighbors. My only complaint living in this community have been the astronomical water/sewerage rates that FGUA charges every month. I do not want to move but find myself looking for a new residence simply to escape the FGUA monopoly. I don't run my sprinklers for more than 20 minutes per zone once a week because I know that I will be looking at a $200 water next month! Does anyone in the entire state of Florida pay nearly what we pay for water/sewerage in our area? Unbelievable.
 15th of Jan, 2015 by    0 Votes
I totally agree with your complaints. We purchased our home and in the first bill was contacted and to our water usage was in excess of 80000 gallons. When we finally got that straightened out we realized that due to their billing practices our charges are in excess of 59$ just for them reading the meters their base charges. They charge 21$ for irrigation meter reading even though there was no water usage. Charge 21$ for house water meter reading and 17$ charge for sewer base charge. When I inquired about that charge since it is just calculated due to water usage they said it was for reading. I asked if there was a meter for sewer and there is not... They are a bunch of crooks. If there is another company that services the Land O Lakes area Terra Bella subdivision off hey 54 please let me know. This is a ripoff. Michael 731-697-0444. Thanks
 10th of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes
I have a Mobile home that I use as a shop. Nobody lives there.There is no water usage and my bill was about $50 every month. I called to find out why my bill was so Hi and the customer service would say that is basic charge. Asked for supervisor twice and never revived a call back. I travel a lot and stopped paying bill. Now they have disconnected the water, but still keep charging me $20 basic fee and late fee. Spoke to supervisor today she tells me there is no way that I can stop the service. Even if I do not want the water I have to pay minimum $20 every month for their pipes and meter because I own the place. I said I don't want it, remove the meter. The answer was no. You have to pay minimum service fee regardless. That just does not make sense to me. Can somebody give me some guideline.
 9th of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
I live in a very small place in Fruitland park Florida, My place is a one bedroom, 14 x 36 home, my average bill was @ 64.00 a month . It went up to 95.00 a month when I activated my sprinkler system 3 months which is expected which is way too much compared to other water companies . My bill last month was 777.65 . The water company sent someone out to read my meter and they said I had no leaks. They sent the meter out for testing and the clerk told me they are never bad. Im not sure who to complain too or where to go with this. There is not way that I used 54000 gallons of water. I am single and live alone. I have friends that have huge homes and their water bill is less then what my regular bill used to be with a sprinkler system. I have no leaks . My place is small . Need advice. This company is the worst that I have dealt with. All they want is the money !!!
 15th of Jul, 2015 by    0 Votes
Someone with more money than me needs to start a class suit against fgua. They are charging sewer charges for the water that is used to fill thousands of swimming pools. This is a gross misuse of power of the monopoly. WE are being charged for a service we are not using. This is government fraud at it's best.
 19th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
FGUA water bills are ridiculous. I was out of state for three weeks with no one in my home and my bill was higher than the previous month when I was home. Fguas response is that someone probably 'stole' my water! There are no leaks in my home. Calls to them give u no answers other than yours bill is your bill and pay it! According to 8 on your side news, Pasco Utilities is undergoing a massive audit and big problems have been found. What will it take to have an audit done on FGUA. I'm sure the same problems of overfilling will be found.
 19th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
They are ripping people off. I also went to the BBB. Guess what, nothings been done about this companys over charging !!!

Contact Us