logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
WES.ORG
Bad customer service & delay of evaluation
2. (7 mins ago)
Award Notification Commission
award two million dollars
3. (18 mins ago)
Allegiant Air
flight attendants
4. (24 mins ago)
isharedmedia.com
I couldn’t browse my video and moderators ignored me
5. (26 mins ago)

Festiva Resorts

Posted:    Rebelhunter

Promotion Fraud

Festiva Resorts
Festiva Resorts just moved their sales office to New Orleans and they are using a fraudulent scam to bate consumers to their dispicable sales pitch. They retain a company called SMG doing business as awards claim center. The telemarketer specifically told me on the phone I would have a one in three chance to win a grand prize of either a new 2009 Ford Explorer or $25, 000.00 cash at my option. I recorded the conversation. After she set up an appointment during hours in which the Festiva sales office was closed, she called back and re-assured the specifics of the promotion and rescheduled an appointment. Once I sat through their shameful sales pitch, they never honored the promotion that they described in detail. I am filing with Louisiana Attorney General and the N.O. District Attorney for violating Louisiana Consumer Protection Act and False Advertising Law. This company is also charging little old people almost 16% interest to finance $30, 000.00 packages. Their whole business model is shameful and disgusting. I look forward to doing everything I can to shut them down or get them out if my town.
Comments United States Telemarketing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Jun, 2009 by   Festiva Rep 0 Votes
Festiva Resorts will be happy to address your concerns and seek a resolution, particularly if you were not given what you were promised.

Please send an e-mail to comments@festivaresorts.com with your full name, the date of your tour, and the best way to contact you, and our marketing department will get in touch with you.
 18th of Sep, 2009 by   Katbob1627 0 Votes
Very unhappy with Festiva Resorts. Can't get reservation when we wanted. We only have 12 months to use the membership and can't book before 30 days and the 3 day excursion. The reservationist on the phone is not very pleasant and not very helpful. We signed up in March 2009 at the Charlston resort and were told we couldn't use it till after August after so many payments were made. Here it is in September, and we tried making reservations in the beginning of Sept for the end of the month and told there is nothing available. My email is kscomax@yahoo.com
 24th of Sep, 2009 by   Festiva Rep 0 Votes
Katbob1627;

I am sorry you've had trouble getting a reservation set up for the package you purchased. I sent you a direct e-mail as well, but in case you do not receive it, please send an e-mail to comments@festivaresorts.com with your full name and the best way to contact you and I will have a manager from the appropriate department contact you to assist you with your vacation needs.

Thanks.
 16th of Oct, 2009 by   rl2006 0 Votes
Thank you for sharing. I spoke with Raven from Festiva claiming I had won a 2009 Ford Explorer or $25, 000 on my on my voicemail. When she called she changed it to one of 3 prizes. She also said I had entered a contest and won. I will not be going to this because I had set up an appointment to go to the presentation-even if I walked away with a 27 inch flatscreen-it would have been worth it. I am not wasting my time!
 22nd of Jul, 2010 by   guiltytm 0 Votes
i worked for them and you would not believe the ways we worked the script to get people to bite and as far as un honored prizes thats a shame ... i signed a contract saying i wouldnt tell so yeah i remain anonymous
 23rd of Nov, 2010 by   VACATION LOVER 0 Votes
I TELL YOU WHAT REBEL, THIS REBEL WILL MEET YOU FACE TO FACE!! I CAN SAY I HAVE BEEN AN OWNER FOR OVER 5 YEARS AND HAVE ABSOLUTELY ENJOYED IT. YOU HAVE TO USE A LITTLE COMMON SENSE BUT BASED ON YOUR COMMENTS I FEEL YOU ARE LACKING THAT. FESTIVA HAS HONORED EVERYTHING THEY SAID THEY WOULD, IN FACT, I WOULD CHALLENGE YOU TO FILE YOUR CLAIMS AND PLEASE KEEP ME INFORMED OF THE OUT COME. YOU ARE A TYPICAL MOOCHER AND WILL ALWAYS TRY TO GET SOMETHING FOR NOTHING. HEY, WHY DON'T YOU FILE A CLAIM WITH BP FOR SOMETHING, OR HAVE YOU ALREADY DONE THAT? GOOD LUCK YOU LOW LIFE!!
 5th of Feb, 2011 by   Robert4040 0 Votes
Festiva and their associate, "Vacation Tour and Travel, Inc." are unscrupulous at best. We were promised a "free 4 day cruise" for attending a sales presentation in New Orleans. We attended said presentation and politely declined to purchase a "time share." We were given our "certificate" for said cruise. We can only use their "associate" to book the cruise. Several months went by and we have recently called to book our trip. Surprise! The free cruise will cost us over $300.00 each. Of course I looked around on the internet and I can book the cruise in a better stateroom for less money (including taxes, port charges, etc.) at numerous legitimate businesses. So I then decided to check on "Festiva" and "Vacation Tour and Travel, Inc." and their reputation/complaints. Talk about shady trade practices. I am considering contacting "Carnival Cruise Line" directly to let them know of the reputation these companies have and the effect it could be having on the "Carnival" name. I can't imagine Carnival wants their brand sullied.
 8th of Feb, 2011 by   Festiva Rep 0 Votes
Robert4040,
We are sorry to see you are having issues with your cruise. We take customer service very seriously and would like the opportunity to resolve your issue. Please send your contact information to comments@festiva.travel and I will have a manager contact you. Thank you.
 23rd of Jun, 2011 by   E&SP 0 Votes
Can someone please help, I purchased a timeshare with Festiva in New Orleans June 4, 2010. I have been very disappointed and dissatisfied with Festiva from the very beginning and wish that I would have canceled my services within the seven day cancellation period. For starters I called last summer after a sales person took advantage of us and caused us to spend twice the money we wanted to for vacation. We bought the timeshare in June and explained to him that we couldn't afford to buy at the time because we already had a vacation planned for July 2010 that would cost us right at $1, 200.00 to stay a week at Residence Inn in San Antonia Texas. He assured us that we can cancel our stay there and that he would see to us staying at a nice resort for no money at all if we bought the timeshare with Festiva. So we agreed and had to pay Festiva $1, 355.00 down payment for a lifetime of beautiful vacations and pay $ 187.00 per month. Since we were going to pay Residence Inn $1, 200.00 we were convinced that this was a much better deal and we agreed. After this we made numerous calls to him most to no avail and finally when we talked to him, he said that he couldn't get us in a resort but he had a really nice hotel to put us in. This hotel was the Hawthorn Suites in San Antonia and that the cost was $656.82. He said that he couldn't get it for free but that he would pay half the cost and he did. We meet him at a gas station in Gonzales and he gave us $ 350.00 to pay for our stay at Hawthorn. Well, we arrived at the hotel on July 5, 2010 to find that the hotel was more like a motel, the stove was filthy, carpet was torn, the room was stuffy it was not a place for me and my family to stay comfortable for a week. We tried to call and text him to inform him of the situation but he did not respond. Needless to say, we left and went to Residence Inn and had to spend $ 1, 153.00 of our vacation money to stay at a more comfortable place. Money we needed for other things because we had just gave Festiva $1, 355.00 that was for vacation. When we came back I called and voiced my complaint to a rep and his supervisor and explained this whole problem and nothing was done about it. The supervisor said that he would call me back and never did.

Well, to add insult to injury, we were promised at the time of purchase a free 5 day carnival cruise and that we will receive the certificate 6 months after our payments have been made in a timely manner. I called Festiva on May 10, 2011 to inquire about the certificate and they said that it was mailed in December 2010 of which I never received. They said that they will mail it again and by June 2, 2011 I called back because I still didn't receive it. On May 10, 2011 they told me that I had to pay $1, 1311.69 for maintenance and late fees before I can schedule a vacation so I made that payment that day. I called back again on June 2nd and spoke with a young man and he asked for my email so they can email me the certificate and that I will receive it within 24 to 48 hours. June 14th I called back and spoke with another young man to inform him that I still didn't receive the email and he said the email address was wrong in the system and that he fixed it and I will receive the certificate within 24 to 48 hours. Well I called back on June 18th and spoke to a young lady because I still have not received the email and she said she was putting in another request to VTT. I asked her who was VTT and she said that she didn't know but it was the company that sends the certificate. She didn't know what VTT meant, she didn't know their phone number or how I can contact them. I asked to speak to a manager and she said that no manages was at work that day. So I called back on June 20th and spoke with a manager and he didn't know who VTT was and couldn't give me any information.

Therefore, today I am very disappointed and very dissatisfied because I feel as if I have been lied to since the very beginning and if at all possible I would like to talk somebody about all of this to see what is really going on. This time share is not cheap and so far I have paid over $ 6, 000.00 and just received a bill for a $200.00 fee for God knows what and I have not gotten anything in return but lies and frustration.
We still have not even used the timehsare. i have been trying to call Festiva in New Orleans and have left messages and no one have called back. I even tried emailing a couple of the managers and the email is a fake because it keep coming back and fatal.
I am in the process of seeking legal actions because it is obvious based on my experience and seeing these comments that Festiva is a hoax.
 27th of Jun, 2011 by   Festiva Rep 0 Votes
To E&SP:
We do apologize for all of the trouble you have had in using your membership. If you could write to us at comments@festiva.travel with your contact information we would be happy to have a manager review your situation and get in touch with you.

Last Minute School Shopping