logo

Posted:

Insects in sealed product

Ferrero Roche
Florida
We came back from the hospital earlier today with our newborn baby boy and the usual gifts of boxes of chocolate. Among them was a brand new and wrapped 12-pack of Ferrero Rocher box of chocolates. See image of product that looks like the one we got (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31D1wlnN3BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg).

We opened up the sealed box... my wife ate one piece and I had two. A couple of minutes later, our older 5 year son said 'momy, there's ants on the chocolate'. Sure enough, there were 3 insects crawling on that round chocolate. I cut up a couple of the new pieces that were all wrapped up and saw 2 more insects crawling out.

From the research we did online, there doesn't appear to be a health risk with eating such unidentified bugs, but you can bet this is the last Ferrero Rocher we will ever buy or accept as gifts.

This company does not post any customer service number on their website (only mailing address in NJ) so we couldn't even report this matter.

Our advice - stay away from any products made by this company!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Food
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
Hi, I purchased Ferrero Rocher chocolates at the grocery. The product is not expired, however, on opening a worm was making it's way out of the foil wrapper. I put the chocolates in a ziploc bag and since then, a lot more worms have crawled out. The thing is I bought it in trinidad and Tobago. No one is taking my complaints seriously and the official site of the product does not have a comment board.
 21st of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
I totally agree with the complaint above. I'm gifted a box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates ( P17 08 12 L230LA - ) and it has got insects in the sealed BOX - This company is fraud they dont have any contact details for making any complaints.
Capt. Sandesh C. ARORA - Singapore.
 12th of Nov, 2013 by    0 Votes
There is a number you could have called(732) 764-9300. I did my research because just this last week I bought some of their chocolates as well. Unfortunately I did not realize there were bugs on the until I had eaten half of the box. All of the rest had bugs. The product was not expired. I was sick for two days after I ate them. I have contacted them and left a voicemail. I will keep doing it until I receive a reply. I can't believe I ate bugs.

Social Security Identity Theft