Fancy Feast

Posted:

Warning

Fancy Feast
One of my cats vomited after eating (not uncommon for cats) Fancy Feast Gourmet Gold dry cat food, and now my light carpet has a permanent pink stain. Yes, my cats like the taste, but color is definitely meaningless to them. The food dye (check the ingredients list) is added for us humans--not our cats. They care about taste, smell and texture, NOT color.

WARNING: If you have light carpets and a cat prone to vomiting, do NOT feed this food to them. The red food dye stain is probably permanent.

Complaint comments Comments (3) Complaint country United States Complaint category Pets & Animals

Comments

29th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Might want to avoid feeding kitty any food that you get from the grocery store as they contain not only dyes but chemical preservatives, corn and questionable protein sources.

I feed mine Innova. His fur is silky soft and he rarely vomits.
 10th of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes
This my complaint. Why do you have to put dye in fancy feast. Cats don't care what color their food is. If she vomits on my white carpet it leaves a terrible stain that can not be removed. Purina, knock it off. Stop putting junk in your cat food. My cat likes it but I can't afford to replace my carpet . I will be switching to a new brand.
 30th of Dec, 2015 by    0 Votes
Have feed my cat Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers cat food for years... she was recently sick (vomiting what I thought was blood) and had a bout of diarrhea (with bright red, what I thought was blood). Brought her to the vet's and $400 later, from extensive testing, vet was puzzled... thought possibly IBS. Anyway, got home from work and noticed that the open can of food had partially turned red. The next morning the entire can of food was red. Pic on left can open for about 1 1/2 days, can on right newly opened. Had never had this happen before regardless of how long the can had been opened. Scared the life out of us ... thought the cat was severely sick and turns out it's the food. What's up with this???

Contact Us