logo

Scam charges

EverHome Mortgage
Jacksonville, Florida
www.everhome.com
We were unfortunate enough to have our mortgage sold to EverHome, Sept., 2007. Later that month my husband, the sole provider, lost his job. We busted our butts, borrowed money, took temp. jobs to make sure that our mortgage payments were held in priority and paid by the 16th of the month. We made our November payment, mailing it 5 days prior to the 16th so that it would arrive in plenty of time. With our prior mortgage company (NetBank) that was always sufficient time.

I noticed that it took quite a bit longer for that check to clear our bank. So much so that I was beginning to wonder if they ever received it or it got lost in the mail. It finally cleared and we were hit with a late fee. With any other creditor a simple phone call would have cleared things up. Not with Everhome Mortgage. They told me that we have to go through a 'review process' to get that late fee cleared up. That alone told me that we were going to get hosed and big time.

My suspicions were confirmed with a denial letter. Whatever happened to common customer service? We have excellent credit, not a single payment gone past 30 days. We have made sure our bills were paid through unemployment, but we get punished anyway? I went to their website to find an email address, and conveniently enough, no email addresses!!!

I am unsure as to what to do but to continue fighting them. I am looking forward to selling our house this spring for more than getting out of a crappy neighborhood, but also a really crappy mortgage company. We also know who to avoid and to advise others to avoid when making our next home purchase.
Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Jun, 2008 by   Realty Mediation Services -1 Votes

23rd of Sep, 2008 by   Frank G. Land 0 Votes
Mr. Lewis,
We have paid every payment of our 30-year mortgage and even paid more at times. If a late charge came up, it was paid. In August, at the conclusion of our 360 payments, we were told that we would need to continue paying through Dec. '09 which would make it 376 payments.

On Sept 3, we denied the need to continue paying with your firm and were told it would be researched. Tomorrow, I am proceeding in the Commonwealth of Virginia to seek a conclusion to this farce and will, through my attorney, seek a redress to this situation. Our total payments over the 30 + years in well in excess of the loan contract. On Oct. 15, we will be closing on the sale of this house and need to move forward.
 19th of Dec, 2008 by   zoey 0 Votes
i hate everhome mortgage they ruined my christmas my grand children wont have not one thing and they could care less
 5th of Jan, 2009 by   c payne 0 Votes
I have had the misfortune to have my mortgage sold from a good company to what must be the worst company in the world --- and the bogus late fees -- more than 24hrs and they rack up --- and the online page is hard to navigate at best -- and it takes forever for them to process payment racking up more late fees. I do not get paid on the same days each month and miss the flexiblility that my last company offered with no fees for 14 days -- that way I could time my payments to better fit my payroll schedule. I had the same company for 11 years and then got sold for no good reason.

So along with a disastrous new mortgage company I feel betrayed by GMAC as they promised never to sell their mortgages and here I am -- unfortunately the miniscule miniscule fine print says they do in certain cases --- not a mention of the criteria though!!!

I am just glad we have company -- I do not want to refinance but am looking into it just to get away from these crooks --- how do we complain to a higher authority??
 9th of Sep, 2010 by   jms33 0 Votes
Most mortgages are due the first of the month and have a 15 day grace period. That means its not considered late if they get your check 14 days after its acually due. Thats a good deal. So stop complaining and pay your bills on time. And its very common for mortgages to be sold multiple times, but remember if it is sold they have to stick to the terms of the original loan.

Internet Lottery Scams