logo

Everest College

Posted: 2011-11-03 by    Mr Stuart

Stay away

Everest College
Hi my name isn't really Stuart but that's not why I'm really here. I contacted Everest re: their Admistrative Assistant program. The recruiter I spoke to was really nice and enthusiastic. This program included everything I wanted to learn, including Microsoft office programs. The price? 14k! $14, 000!! She was very convincing in telling me how much cheaper that is in comparison to spending tons of money at a University. I was excited and took a little time to think about it. But then I read some reviews on Everest and found that the reviews are mostly negative. (Please google) I did more research...

Everest is not an accredited school. (Check US Dept of Education or Google for info on the importance of accrediation)

Secondly, I found the same program at a local, accredited Community College. They offer an administraive assistant certificate. A certificate allows a student to take only classes that pertain to the degree. It's a faster process, and really for someone who is looking to get into a career quickly.. This program offres the same classes as Everest's program, incl businss courses, accounting, and all of Microsoft Offices. Their price? $26.00 per unit. The cert is 35 units total, for a grand price of $910. And of course, there are fees such as health, for which I paid $24, parking passes, and books. But even with the price of books I will be paying nowhere near $14, 000.

My advise...Everest is a school for those looking to take career-oriented classes, and get through them in a shorter time frame. Most community colleges offer this option as well via certificats or AA degrees, so it would be a good idea to start there first.

I'm on a mission to bring Everest down lol. Everest is run by a corporate machine out to make money, masked by over enthusiastic admission reps and convincing commericals. I do not support them. I was even going to apply for a job with them until I found more info. I would never want to be apart of an organization like that.

For those complaining about Everest's promises to find a job...I've been applying and searching for a new job for awhile. It's going to be tough, and no school has magical job placement powers. The job market is very competitive right now, and you'll more than likely have to go at it alone. If anything, you should be more corcerned about the fact that the Everest "powers that be" care more about making thier pockets fat than giving students a quality education. That's not to say that some of the classes are not of quality, but if some of the programs they offer can be done for cheaper at an accredited school I think someone that cared about me would tell me that.
Comments United States Education
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Mar, 2012 by   sad_in_anaheim 0 Votes
I go to Everest College in Anaheim, California. I feel deceived. The admissions rep was over enthusiastic and I should have known it was all an act. The faculty sure are nice to you when you are a new student, then after 2 months they treat you like crap. Everest accepts anyone. They really should do IQ tests and see if the students have basic common sense before enrolling them. A lot of my fellow classmates act like they're 6 years old, bring their drama to school, many never come to school or are always an hour late and not in dress code. If they get hired, how does that make the rest of us responsible Everest graduates look to prospective employers? These idiots are ruining MY chances of getting hired. Everest is getting a bad rap because the students that are bad students end up being bad employees. That isn't fair to someone like me who is never absent, always on time and in dress code carrying a 4.0 GPA and always on the President's List. Everest really needs to be selective to who they enroll.
 14th of Apr, 2012 by   Never_give_up 0 Votes
Everest is a complete waste of time and money. They are not a real college. Most of the time I was there, we had to deal with problems. I moved here from an area where these types of schools didn't exist. I was completely unaware of what a for profit school was at the time of enrollment. I graduated with honors and it didn't matter at all. I still don't work in the field that I went to school for and if I could get a job in the field, it would pay close to minimum wage. I would never have paid over $17K for an education that allows me to work in a field that pays on average, $10 per hour or less. Not only that, we didn't learn the necessary skills that I was initially told we were going to learn. These are just a few of the problems I had there. I also went to the Anaheim campus. Make your voice heard and write letters to your senators.
 9th of Jun, 2012 by   bobok 0 Votes
This is quite possibly one of the most depressing things I've read on the Internet. OP is clearly uneducated and was taken for a ride by this disgusting school.

Cash Machine Scam