logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
Geico Insurance
Fraud: adjusters committing fraud in arizona
2. (48 mins ago)
IBC Bank
Awful customer service
3. (48 mins ago)
Plenty of Fish
Fraud and cheating
4. (49 mins ago)
Beachwood Success Method
Fake charge and they sent me wrong contact info
5. (56 mins ago)

Posted:    Valerie

Scam and cheating

Everest College
everest.edu
My name is Jay, I attended everest college I just graduated from this hell hole, you know looking at the stupid advertisements oh yeah there gonna help you get a job, help you do this, this is all crap, I have been out of school for the past 6 month, this scam school said they were gonna help me get a job and nothing I have looked at months and months of job want ads and I am still jobless...

They don't tell you when your first going to enroll in the school that there not going to do anything for you, They don't tell you there gonna set you up for failure, they don't tell you there gonna take your money and F*** you with no vasiline...

This school is a scam point blank... on a Separate occasion I complained to the head office and my dean of the school reprimanded me for trying to get help. Then the women in student career service tried to save her own A** by saying I was a lier about her not helping me with my exit resume and coverletter... I am about sick of this school taking money from people and not delivering...
Comments United States Education
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Nov, 2008 by   Stephanie -1 Votes
Thats why they changed their name from FMU to Everest. They make money off lieing to students. Im surprised they havent shut down. Its like having a fake degree. They charge a shit load of money for a bullshit education. I worked for them I know what they do and no one stops them.
 9th of Feb, 2009 by   lisacochran3622 -1 Votes
thaNK GOD I SAW THIS I WAS ABOUT to enroll in their paralegal classes what field did you take
 25th of Feb, 2009 by   augie_j -1 Votes
dude i just enrolled yesterday and its the next im out of this fake ass scamin ass schol college what ever the fuck they wanna call there selfs..i was in there for almost literaly in there four 4 hours and they just brought out paper work after paper work..damn it im glad i was put up on game with this info cause i am definetly outta of this wack ass everest college...
 28th of May, 2009 by   manycolors -1 Votes
I understand very well the college doesn't care about no one just a paycheck. they make things sound good but at the end you have so many student loans to repay and no job and if you do go for their job fair they will tell you that you don't have enough experience to get a the job so what's the point of going to this school and no job will take you serious or your degree.
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by   MOLLY20 -1 Votes
Yeah same here in this area of North Carolina, thought they were for real found out that all they do is take your GRANT MONEY that's suppose to be yours, and call themselves putting it towards your TUITION!And you don't get a damn dime.For 2 years they take in your money thats suppose to be your GRANT that you don't have to payback, but yet they take it say it's going toward your TUITION!THEY ARE LYING, THIS IS A SCAM AND THERE IS NO REAL CAMPUS, AND THEY NEED TO BE CLOSED DOWN!!!
 24th of Jul, 2009 by   The mighty Raven +1 Votes
Everest College and all those other colleges, such as American College and Bryman, cater to the student who dropped out of high school, who barely graduated from high school, or who achieved only a mediocre level of education during their adolescent years -- that is, the student that never learned algebra, geometry, grammar, chemistry, biology, physics, calculus, trigonometry, science and other rigorous disciplines.

These colleges promise an expedited curriculum that will help one attain a job in a few months. The truth is that anything that is worthwhile in life -- that is, the attainment of knowledge or training requires years of hard work, and not months.

Those individuals that get scam want a "get rich quick" scheme. They do not want to spend the necessary years in college or university to learn correct English usage, mathematics, science, technology, and economics. They do not want to experience the tough homework or the hard examinations. Therefore, the student gets enticed into a program that is expeditious, simplistic, and effortless. Wrong! All that is worthwhile and lasting requires the contrary.
 17th of Aug, 2009 by   Yacobazzi +1 Votes
I have noticed that a lot of comments on here are from people who just use Everest as a quick way out and a way to get some grant money to buy crap along the way! You don't take your education seriously enough all you want is a free ride and you expect everything handed to you! Well that isn't how this world works and if you want an education and good paying job then give it more than just a day!! I went there and now I'm making a lot more than I was at those crappy retail jobs where the employees come a dime a dozen! I make a difference in people's lives and I can support my husband (who also went to Everest) and our daughter. So before you judge Everest look at the class of people down-talking it first!!!
 29th of Aug, 2009 by   The People Have Spoken +1 Votes
...that is why people like you are the pillars of the community you are today...quit putting the blame on other...fix your own life first...
 8th of Sep, 2009 by   legal beagle -1 Votes
I was also ripped off by Everest College online. Unlike what many on this site have stated, I was not looking for a "free ride", I was not looking for a "get rich quick scheme", and I was not a person who barely graduated high school. I have always been an 'A' student in high school and in college. I achieved an Associates degree (4.0) from a ground campus several years ago. Not wanting a free ride, but not having the money to continue, I stopped and went to work. While working in my chosen profession, I achieved several college accredited professional management certifications. Once I thought I could afford to borrow the money to return to school, I went to Everest online. I chose an online program because it allowed me the flexibility in schedule to continue to work full time. I was told that after receiving numerous transfered credits me BA degree would take approximately 1 year. During my attendance they changed the curriculum twice and increased the tuition. Then they continued to extend the time they claimed it would take to finish, even though I was getting a 4.0 and taking the maximum number of classes allowed. At the end of every term they would give me a completion date that was later than the one they gave me the time before. By the time it was all over I had to file a complaint with the board of Regions and with their Dean before they agreed to grant my diploma.
The degree that I was told would take $17, 000 and one year of school, actually took 26 months and cost $32, 000. What they did to me should be considered criminal.
 10th of Sep, 2009 by   Kimboa 0 Votes
I am currently attending what use to be Las Vegas College, but they're now with Everest. I am about to complete the last two weeks of MAA class, and begin the training on site in a doctors office. I am scared out of my mind! It feels like their trying to cram so much into the last two weeks, and I don't know how they expect that to help us.

Its already a stressful time, they just dumped a new teacher on us that we don't even know. The teacher we had never gave us any warning that they were gonna make that change, we just found out when we came into class. And now it just seems like their trying to squeeze in things that we should've done weeks or months ago!

Medical Transcription is something we should have worked on, but we have'nt gotten into that, even though we were told that we would. Now their trying to cram that lesson in to these last few weeks. My typing accuracy is ok, but my speed isn't. Im not very confident in my billing & coding. We were roll-playing taking calls, and learning how to respond to them. Im nervious about that, because I've never worked in an office before, I feel like Im gonna screw up and get that wrong ALOT!

I just don't feel that Im ready for the medical office yet. I hope the Externship helps to build up the confidence that I lack right now, but I think thats expecting alot out of a month, when your a fish out of water! JUST DONT FEEL PREPAIRED!
 15th of Mar, 2010 by   My Oasis 0 Votes
I am very much like Legal Beagle, but newer to the experiences of Everest. At this very moment, I have contacted the Commissions in Tennessee and in Arizona. According to the Commissions in Tennessee, Everest is not authorized in this state. I am now in the process of contacting D.C. on this matter. My inquiries about the school initiated from their refusal to post what they have received in my account. They owe me a credit balance that should have been in my mailbox months ago. They have been giving me the runaround and delaying any response, not to mention that they shift me from one person to another, while my questions are unanswered. Like most of you, I am currently feeling quite uneasy with the school and administration. I am awaiting for responses, and I hope that there will be some form of resolution. I know most of you will say "Good Luck", but I am not going to give up that easily. It is not fair to me or any other student that has been a student with Everest in the past or present.
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   uhavethetard 0 Votes
You people are all morons. Everest and every school like it is a complete joke. If you are dumb enough to enroll at one of these schools, you deserve to have every penny taken from you. It's because of you morons and these mock schools that the student loan interest rates are skyrocketing for all of the REAL students. If you can't get into a REAL college then you DON'T DESERVE TO GO TO COLLEGE. Not everyone deserves to go to college, some of you are just not smart enough or you lack the intellectual work ethic to complete a REAL DEGREE at a REAL SCHOOL. Take the SAT or ACT, if your scores can't get you into a real school, give up your ridiculous dream of going to college, you're just wasting your/my time and money. Go get a blue collar job and leave real education to those who deserve it. By the way, real colleges aren't even hard to get into, if you can't do that you're probably borderline retarded. Also, if you do get into a real college, you must be able to complete a major that is worthwhile, otherwise you'll just have a useless piece of paper.
 12th of May, 2010 by   Schecter13 -2 Votes
Its pretty hard to get financial aid if your white, single and don't have babies. Thus smart people not getting to go to school do to the government system. But..does it REALLY matter anymore? Going to school never guarentees you a job. It is literally not what you know, its who you know. Bottom line.
 18th of May, 2010 by   ThomasQuinn 0 Votes
As a hiring manager for a medical billing and coding center in Tacoma, Wa, I have been involved in hiring the majority of our current staff here. The best employees come from Everest's program and we hire the majority of externship students from Everest. Not many schools offer specialized training like them. If you expect to gain a job in the medical billing or coding field these days, then you WILL need either prior experience or verifiable training like Everest offers. Your application will not be considered without one of the two. I cannot speak for their quality of education in their other programs, but their coding and billing curriculum is what an employer like us expect a prospective employee to know.
 4th of Jul, 2010 by   hondakid1989 +1 Votes
I go to everest for computer programming. yes I am learning a few things i didn't know already but all of the certifications you have to do on your own. After reading this I think I am done with them. Oh and by the way the person who commented uhavethetard I would just like you to know. The reason I chose to go online is because of work you little shit. I have more knowledge in my little toe than you have in your whole body. I graduated high school at the beginning of my sophomore year so don't call people who you don't know stupid. Your probably a rich kid whose parents pay for him/her to go to college. So go eat a dick.
 26th of Jul, 2010 by   circumvent +1 Votes
"that is, the student that never learned algebra, geometry, grammar, chemistry, biology, physics, calculus, trigonometry, science and other rigorous disciplines"

-I get your point dude, but come on.In high school, you focus on specific areas of study. I hope you are not suggesting that you are a master of all these disciplines, lol.

I made a stupid decision to go to one of these private schools but it was not due to the incompletion of high school(which I successfully completed). I also attended university for a couple years(applied, got accepted, submitted transcripts...yadda, yadda) and decided I made a bad program choice there. I was confused and depressed and everest suckered me in(I guess that makes me one of the lazy, get rich quick types?!)

These private colleges DO NOT in any way compare to traditional Universities and Colleges. Let me repeat that. These private business colleges DO NOT in any way compare to traditional Univiersities and Colleges. The curriculum is VERY basic(at a general/basic high-school level) and most of the time spent there is wasted. I wish they would stop trying to compete with REAL, regionally accredited, publicly-funded schools because they are not in the same galaxy. I have nothing good to say about my stay there and if I had a clear head at the time, I would not have attended such a place.(I believed their lies and promises at that point...uggh!)

The other thing that irks me on these sites are the pretentious, "Im in a REAL college" types who constatnly belittle and insult people who have been taken advantage of. I know of MANY morons who have been accepted into a University program; a real, 4 -year, public one(really, its no big deal) and who have successfully graduated. Sometimes it is hard carrying on an intelligent conversation with some of these "academics". Sure you get some really intelligent people at traditional universities, but to suggest that just because someone attends one assures that they are "at another level" is complete crap. Again, I know of more that a handful of "University material" students/grads and they surely are nothing to write home about in terms of cognitive abilites.

Really, at the time, all I wanted was out fo the dead end job I was working and to make slightly more(like, say 12-15 dollars/hour) CDI(now everest) promised all kinds of "job links"; "employer contact", "placements" etc. So I, confused and frustrated bit the bait. All of it was lies and it was one of the worst decisions I ever made. Anyhow, if I can say one thing to conlude this it would be to AVOID private colleges(all of them!) at all costs. Just do the traitional 4 year University program, or a 2-3 year community college if you must go back to school.
 29th of Jul, 2010 by   Kecia wright +1 Votes
I am a student with Everest College-Phoenix Online and this school is a SCAM..Its all about the dollars and that's it. This school is very costly meaning if you have over 30, 000 to spend then please by all means enroll. I have been having problems with this school for the past 8 months when I asked them about money and what each class cost or a little thing like can I see how my money is being spent, in which you are entitled to see. All they want is the money and that's it. Your degree is useless as well as your credits. This school as depleted my financial aid to where when I go back for my bachelor's degree, I will have to basically pay for it myself whatever my grants don't pay. They give you the run around when you ask questions, by you talking to several people to where you get frustrated and you decide to go over there heads. This school is bogus and needs to be shut down and should have been shut down instead of allowing them to change their name 5 times. Please avoid this school. They are a For-profit school which means the more students they get the more money they get for you and see nothing in return. right now they are being sued for fraud which I just found out about before typing this. Do not and I repeat do not go to this school. We can all be mislead, we are human, but this human is not being mislead anymore. I have things in the works for them. Please stay from them..they are not good. look for a school that is nationally and regionally accredited because they are for you and not money and trust me your degree will be looked at instead of tossed in the trash.
 18th of Aug, 2010 by   uWILLluvIT 0 Votes
THESE POST ARE HILARIOUS.

EVEREST COLLEGE IS ONE OF THE LARGEST TRADE SCHOOLS IN THE WORLD. THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT. THERE IS NOTHING ON PAPER THAT GUARANTEES JOB PLACEMENT. EVEREST COLLEGE GIVES STUDENTS THE SKILLS TO GO OUT THERE AND WORK. HOW MANY PEOPLE KNEW HOW TO GIVE SHOTS BEFORE THEY ENROLLED INTO EVEREST? HOW MANY STUDENTS KNEW HOW TO DO DENTAL EXAMANTIONS BEFORE THEY ENROLLED INTO EVEREST? ALL YA'LL SOUND LIKE ARE COUCH POTATOES LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO HOLD YOUR HAND. THERE IS A RECESSION GOING ON? DID YA'LL FORGET?
 27th of Aug, 2010 by   missie7 +1 Votes
to uWILLluvIT
yo, dude, u either work for them or they paid u 2 post this... No other way around. This college is a scam - I wish my husband and I found it out earlier.
They r nobody, their credits are not accepted in any Universities, public or private. They never tell you how much you owe till you get taken by surprise and guess what? The money disappears as well. No hands-on training as promised, not even a paper that has available positions in companies. NOTHING!
Isn't this great, they take cash out of the government's pocket, put it in theirs and you have to pay for what u didn't even get!
 4th of Sep, 2010 by   circumvent +1 Votes
to missie7: I understand your pain, I too was swindled by a private school. Of course the credits will not transfer; traditional Universities and Colleges share NO similarities to private/profit-fuelled institutions. The course work is not the same, the level of difficulty is not the same, the quality of teaching is not the same, so we cannot expect them to take the pathetic credits we gained at a private "school".

When I attended CDI(now everest) and before that, the Toronto School of Business the marketing and decpetive practices were much more intense. They spoke of guranteed jobs, employers who recruited their grads exclusively, jobs with inflated salries we could apply for etc...NONE of these things ever came true or even existed.

My main point is that the public has to really start appreciating the differences between public/regional Universities and Colleges and Private/for-profit/corporate "schools"...HUGE DIFFERENCE in every respect. Different in content, format, cost and public perception.

Business Identity Theft Prevention