Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Posted: 2012-07-06 by

Avoid like the plague

Envita.com
envita.com
The only thing worse than the diseases Envita is "treating" is the false hope they are giving to their patients that ridiculously overpriced vitamin $#*!tails or potentially harmful ozone and hydrogen peroxide IV's are going to cure their cancer or chronic disease. The doctors at Envita should be ashamed of themselves and have their licenses permanently revoked for their bizarro treatments. What actually impresses me is that they are able to get people to pay for $4000 IV therapy! I was astounded that the first thing they asked me to sign there was a medical waiver saying I would never sue them for any malpractice claims and instead only do arbitration. Good God how many people do they have threatening to sue them? Is this even legal? It seems a major violation of a patients constitutional rights. This place is a total scam and after waiting 2 hours and spending $209 to see their "doctor" I wish I would have read more of the long list of complaints, lawsuits, arbitrations, and board complaints/reviews on their physicians. After asking around I have heard SAD stories of people spending tens of thousands of dollars there with NO RESULTS! And of course they do not offer refunds or guarantees on their "medicine" that is not FDA approved yet exorbitantly priced. After making an appointment with the naturopath my infectious disease doctor recommended I learned she would give me the nutritional IV for $150 instead the $1000 they were trying to sign up for. AVOID!!!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Apr, 2013 by    0 Votes
This post really saddens me because it clearly demonstrates how easily someone can post whatever they want on the internet with absolutely no idea what they’re talking about. I find this very irresponsible of ComplaintsBoard.com to allow this, but that’s beside the point.
The first thing I have to wonder, Mr. Balan, is where you’re getting your information from. My wife has been a patient at Envita for 10 years and we know for a fact that there have never been any malpractice lawsuits or arbitrations. You can research this for yourself very easily and you will find nothing, nada, zilch. That’s pretty impressive for a medical practice that has been in business for over a decade and treated thousands of patients, even if they do have “bizarro treatments, ” as you say. But then, it seems less likely that they have strange medical practices and more likely that you’re unfamiliar with advanced integrative medicine. My goal is not to offend you, but set the record straight and encourage people to provide truthful information or at least do their homework.
I’ve personally spoken with the administration before and they’ve explained very clearly to me how the medical waiver works. It’s actually mandated by Envita’s malpractice insurance carriers and has nothing to do with the medical staff itself. Again, there have been no lawsuits in their history and it’s not because of these waivers.
I’ll explain to you what arbitration is, because it’s obvious you don’t understand it. Arbitration is when, instead of a jury, you bring your case to a private courtroom in front of a judge. This makes a lot more sense because a judge is objective and understands medical law, unlike a jury, which is subjective and usually unaware of how medical practice works.
Is this legal? Well, it appears so. It’s also not an atypical practice, and you would know that if you had done your homework. Also, the U.S. Constitution includes no mention of medical patient’s rights, so your complaint there is also invalid.
Most importantly, it’s obvious that you did not receive treatment from Envita, so why are you even writing this review? Perhaps it’s because your insurance doesn’t cover it (not anyone’s fault) but they never tried to overcharge us. Their IV therapy was the same price as you paid, approximately $150-$200, not $4000 or $1000 (you contradict yourself. Which is it?) But suggesting that a nutritional IV is all Envita does or all you would need to solve your condition is a big joke.
A nutritional IV is not all that Envita provides – they have entire programs tailored to each individual that get much more in-depth than just an IV. And if you had actually taken time to Google Envita, you would know that their medicine is a mixture of traditional and integrative natural medicine.
And no results? Tell that to my wife, who had colon cancer and was told by the Mayo Clinic to go home and die. She went from Stage 3 to Stage 4 in a matter of three days, but Envita helped rebuild her immune system and here she is 10 years later. Most people don’t realize colon cancer has a low-success rate for cancer in far-spread disease and you’re basically a hospice patient– this was an incredible turnaround.
And yes, care is expensive, but in my experience, Envita is generally competitively priced. Still, treatment is not comparing apples to apples – the end result is most important. Ask yourself when reviewing these other clinics: did anyone get better? How long did treatment take? What kind of doctors were they employing?
No medical center on Earth offers refunds or guarantees – that would be completely disingenuous. And no practice can make everyone is happy and that’s fair, but you should at least be familiar with the company or have received treatment before you start criticizing.
And unlike you, I actually have sources to back up my claims:

Peace,
Mark
 17th of Jun, 2013 by    +1 Votes
Thank you Mark, for taking time to refute, in a positive and thoughtful manner, the previous post.
Considering treatment,
Aleta
 27th of Jun, 2013 by    +1 Votes
YOU ARE INCORRECT IN YOUR ACCUSATIONS OF MALPRACTICE AND COMPLAINTS!
Your way off on your fees. Last time I checked a high dose Vitamin C was $175.

My 16 year old daughter was in a car accident before school and her trip to the ER room in Scottsdale was $19.000.
Last november I fell and got a concussion and went to scottsdale north and my bill was $38, 000. What do you think about the cost of that medical treatment? Are they crooks because they charge that much money?

Two years ago I came down with lyme disease, After 8weeks of 6 Hr daily treatments, I was cured.
By the way, Mayo Clinic, doesn't even treat LYME disease.

Over the last ten years I have recommended many patients to Envita from as far away as Australia. In my eight weeks of treatment that I spent at Envita I encountered numerous patients with successful treatment stories that were just short of a miracle. Many of which came to Envita from having gone to conventional treatment first and were only coming to Envita because of failed treatment. Most of these were types of cancers. I have seen multiple children treated as well.

My name is Michael Huls and I am a 20 year brain cancer survivor. I believe a lot of my success comes from a relationship with God and not having done Chemotherapy. I believe Envita is one of the most successful integrative centers in this country! If you are seriously considering going to Envita and you want to hear stories and more information from me, I will be willing to meet you for a cup of coffee. You can reach met at (602)821-5465.
 26th of Jul, 2013 by    +1 Votes
I was really frightened when I found this complaint about Envita. We just made arrangements yesterday to bring my Father to Scottsdale in three days for assistance with chemo. The decision on where to have his cancer treatments and which approach to choose was left up to me alone. The weight of a decision of that size has not been easy to carry the last two weeks. My Dad means everything to me. I would trade my soul and all the money we have for a few more years with him. I almost didn't see the comments posted after the complaint. I am SO GLAD that you people have taken the time to respond in their defense. I am sure that Envita appreciates your efforts. On top of that, my family wants to reach out and say thank you too. We are worried. Hoping for great results. And have pooled all the money we have to pay for his chemo being they do not bill insurance regardless of the carrier. Thank you again - and say a prayer for my Father - Mr. Kent Cook he has basosquamous carcinoma now in his lungs and it is poorly differentiated. They say he has less than 3 months without chemo and a miracle. I say its not over until the fat lady sings and if you think you hear music - COVER YOUR EARS! Take that cancer! We are going to put up the biggest fight ever known before we give you my Daddy. ha ha
 19th of Jan, 2014 by    0 Votes
If I had known Then, what I know NOW...I would never have gone the AMA route!
I've survived, and having researched since then--How can you treat a disease when you don't have a clue what Causes it??Louis Pasture was right, "Its the terrain, not the germ"
the sojourner
 29th of Apr, 2014 by    0 Votes
Trust and pray to the one who created you, his name is Jesus. The strips he received at Calvary he bared for your healing. It is more powerful than any drug or medical doctor. Any treatment you receive is man made, but true healing and deliverance from any disease comes from Him. Man is limited, but God has no limits. My suggestion is to trust in him even if you do choose their treatments. He is the one who is in control of it all.
 15th of Jul, 2014 by    0 Votes
Facts are way off - don't pay antention to this review because the numbers are way off. Treatments at Envita are great, and they really work!
 19th of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
I want to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to Envita for helping me on my way to recovery from Chronic Lyme disease. I don’t know where I would be right now without them! They continue to bless my life today, and I am forever grateful for the help and support they give.
My story began when I was 19 years old. I traveled to China in 2007 where I received hundreds of bug bites. I came home feeling okay except for pain in my stomach. I began to notice an increased level of pain in my stomach, only to have several symptoms flare up all at once a couple months later, March 2008. These “attacks” would last a couple of hours and include: rash, burning sensation of the skin, extreme stomach pain and cramping, loss of feeling in limbs, swelling of the throat, face, eyes, ears, hands, and feet, rapid heart rate, fever, chills, shortness of breath, dizziness, fainting, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting. At times there was loss of vision and hearing as well. I felt like I was dying because I did not know what was happening to me. As time went on, these attacks would happen consistently during the day and would last up to 8-9 hours.
When these episodes would come up, I always had the same plan to help me get through them. I would go straight home to wait it out. It was difficult to stand or sit up, because I would get too dizzy and light headed, and my limbs would get too swollen, heavy, and lose feeling. While all of this is happening, I would be having uncontrollable vomiting and diarrhea while lying down. It felt like everything in my body was trying to fight off the infection inside of me. During these attacks I would have heart palpitations and shortness of breath. I would have to focus as hard as I possibly could to breathe very slowly in and out. I would concentrate during the entire 8-9 hour attack on good thoughts and breathing so I could keep myself calm. I knew that I was not going to die and so I would work my hardest on not letting myself pass out from lack of air and dizziness.
Never having any serious health problems in the past, I concluded that I was allergic to something because of the swelling I experienced and how fast the attacks would come on. After much allergy testing, there was nothing to indicate that I was allergic to anything. I began seeing many different doctors and began testing to find answers for my problems. Every test showed that there wasn’t anything wrong with me! Each doctor I saw, either could not help me, or came to the conclusion that I was experiencing panic attacks caused by too much stress.
I became very depressed and hopeless about everything in my life. I had dropped out of college and quit my job because I couldn’t function in a normal routine. I withdrew myself from people, social events and activities. I felt really uncomfortable socially, because I always felt sick and didn’t know how to handle the symptoms that I had. I was nervous that an attack would come on and I wouldn’t be able to get home in time.
After a few more weeks, I noticed other symptoms developing in addition to the ones I already had! These symptoms would happen many times during the day, such as: fatigue, racing heart, hot flashes, red “hot” hands, feet, face, and ears, shortness of breath, memory problems, mental confusion, tingling sensations, anxiety, sharp stomach pains and cramping. My head always felt fuzzy, “foggy, ” and slow.
The symptoms worsened as time went on. I was dealing with insomnia and could hardly get out of my bed because my body was so fatigued. My parents did not know what to do with me, but we were desperately seeking answers and praying. Thanks to my wonderful parents, who found out about Envita Medical Center, and for bringing me in to be tested for Chronic Lyme disease. In all the time searching for answers, I never really believed I had Lyme disease. I didn’t believe it, because I didn’t have the correct information and didn’t properly understand it. With the help of my mom, dad, and Envita, I learned that I did have Lyme disease. The doctors at Envita took the time to help me understand about my situation because I had a lot of doubts. They listened to everything I had to say, and I could feel that they cared about me. They explained everything that I wanted to know about and always took time to educate me about Lyme disease.
I began treatment a month after learning my diagnosis, and completed eight weeks of the Lyme protocol and four weeks of the viral protocol. Reviewing my symptoms and further testing during the treatments proved that I was not only dealing with Lyme disease, but also other infections and many viruses and parasites. The treatment process affects everyone differently because every case is different. By the fourth week of the Lyme protocol, I was noticing how each week was becoming more difficult. I was feeling very sick and frequently wanted to give up. The doctors encouraged me and told me that I would feel worse before I felt better. I didn’t give up, because I set my mind to it and believed that Envita could help me. The doctors and all of the staff are so wonderful and supportive. They are continually searching for better ways to help their patients. They truly love and care about people. It was very encouraging for me to be around all of the other patients at Envita, too. They are a great support system to have there while receiving treatments. Everyone shares stories and gives help to each other. I am able to accept what I have and face any other obstacles that may come, because I have the desire to fight my hardest. The doctors at Envita have the same attitude and have helped me to stay focused on getting well. Having faith and hope is the most important way to face these challenges.
During the last weeks of treatment, I was having more periods of time feeling much better and steadily improving. At this point of my life, the bacteria from the infections are gone and the virus load has decreased significantly. I am forever grateful to Envita for their knowledge and the extra effort they put in to each patient and their condition. I finally know, understand, and can handle what I have. I know that by faithfully committing to the Envita protocol, I will continue to feel good. I am so thankful for Envita, for their hard work and willingness to help and care for those who are suffering. They don’t give up on you, but figure out alternative ways to help you.
I am now back in school as a full-time college student and am involved in many activities that I love. I love many outdoor activities, including rock climbing.I love and enjoy snowboarding, hiking, and coaching young children in gymnastics! I also recently got married this past year and have never been happier! Thank you to Envita Medical Center for helping me back into life!
 28th of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING!!! I have read all the comments here about Envita and would not ever take by body and it's problems to this company. A good medical practice has no controversy and no complaints. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the long response to Jalan above was written by Envita's attorney. Now who is going to believe those self serving comments. And watch out for "sister" companies in the Scottsdale area offering to treat Lymes disease. It appears that several medical centers are under the same ownership and mutual staff. My advice, just don't come to Arizona for treatment. Your doctors in your home state can be just as effective for you and save you a bundle of your hard earned money. I know. I have been through these Scottsdale centers two years ago. I wish you well in your recovery. Robert
 6th of Nov, 2014 by    0 Votes
Every case of disease is different and one treatment might work well on someone and work poorly on someone else. Also, if Robert didn't follow protocol that could have led to his prediciment. Just saying...it is important to keep an open mind and I looked at the site about this place and found good reviews. Having had Lyme disease I know not everyone gets well - but some do and it CAN happen. It is a long battle but places like Envita really do help, I commend them for helping lyme patients!
 15th of Nov, 2014 by    0 Votes
You have scared me off. I had hope but now I don't.
 25th of Nov, 2014 by    0 Votes
There are some balanced reponses in review sites. Please google envita reviews. Although it appears some people have indeed experienced miraculous cures, they are apparently in the minority, perhaps one or two out of ten.

It is clear from the reviews that despite advertisements and statements both by their staff and doctors and on their website, that there is but one treatment of choice for all patients, which involves a cocktail of massive doses of everything they can throw at you, taken by IV on a daily basis. It is not surprising that this one size fits all approach does not work and often results in making people feel far worse with no recovery to show for this inflicted misery and high cost.

When people do complain about the protocols, the doctor in charge will privately tell them to seek out the services of their excorsist because they are actually suffering from a curse. This was verified by three patients who wrote reviews of this clinic.

So, to sum up, several reviews of patients concur that they lie about tailorng treatment protocols and they lie about their results (touted as 90% cure rate) when it is about 10t% to 20%.

They are also owned and run by a doctor who has had his medical liscense stripped for malpractice and operates behind the scenes now.

The responses you have read here that are positive were probably all written by shills and attorneys. The crazy Christian rants were propably written by this shadow "doctor" who lost his liscense and apparently his marbles and runs the clinic behind the scenes. The company trolls the internet injecting negative complaint boards with phoney patient sucess stories.

Do not by any means give up hope! The articles on their website are actually sound and fact based. Seek out a competent integretive or holistic md and get the advanced tests you will never be offered in America. These are standard diagnostic protocols in every developed nation but ours. Here we are stuck using tests that our outdated by 35 to 50 years, so you can't get better, and are forced to take their crap pills and invasive surgeries instead. Only Holistic and Integrative doctors utilize these modern protocols and most won't take insurance, but really, these tests aren't too expensive and can save your life!

Just do your own resarch and don't be so passive. You can heal yourself of much of these opportunistic and infectious diseases by drinking spring water, whole organic and raw foods, raw Celtic salt etc. Most of the protocols recommended by Envita work, but the way they practice medicine is dangerous and unethical.

Your protocols will cost far less and work far better if you steer clear of them and their fancy advertorials and seek honest practitioners in your own area.
 12th of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
"You can heal yourself of much of these opportunistic and infectious diseases by drinking spring water, whole organic and raw foods, raw Celtic salt"

What about butterfly wings and unicorn horn? What about toenail of the Auk or nosehairs from the South American Tiger Toad?

Wait, wait. I know. How about you just get bent?
 29th of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
Pardon me as an 18 years nuero Lyme patient who has been treated by the best LLMDs in this country, I have heard horror stories about Envita, including a young women brought there for treatment with Lyme and well she died. Yes it happens but when I heard from her mother what they did and how they treated her, I just cringed. Do not come to Arizona for Lyme treatment, you will leave sick and broke. You may, if your lucky get a brief remission but you will relapse soon enough and be back at it with whatever funds you have left. This was the last state to get Lyme and I can promise you the last to figure out how to properly treat it, Just recently these medical centers have jumped on the Lyme bandwagon and are selling this bill of goods to anyone who will belive them with an open wallet.
Save your money and go elsewhere, even if you have to go to Hans in Kansas or an LLMD in NY or CAl. You will be better off for it. Most in the Lyme community are all well aware of how Envita works and well shaking our heads, its sad enough how devastating the disease is but to have these places treat you like just a cash cow. And the lady that calls herself Anna, FYI, read your short novel about you, I can tell you right now, you did not have Lyme, you may have had some other infection going on but it was not Lyme disease, we have several strains here in America and yes there are different strains overseas, but since I work with people all over the world who have these different strains, your not one of them so whatever bill of goods Envita was selling you, sorry they did not tell you the truth. You have something else. I do not recomend this center to anyone who may suspect they have Lyme, why, because they have no clue what a Cd 57 nk + test even is. They just run a base cd 57 and call it Lyme. Not hardly. Just my educated opinion.
 5th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
I have had 6 family members treated at Envita. My grandma, aunt, parents, niece and sister. They have come in for cancer, general wellness, and chronic lyme disease. This medical center has been the greatest blessing in our lives and we are so grateful to live so close to it. I just started to do a little digging into the reviews and have been so pleased to see so many positive reviews. But seeing the negative reviews on this site, umm...its a little ridiculous. I know the founder of the center personally, and he is one of the best and brightest individuals I know. These doctors would never do anything to harm a patient, I myself have witnessed so many patients getting well, I still stay in contact with a few I have met. They have been treating chronic lyme disease for at least 8 years, because that is when my sister was treated, who, by the way, is feeling awesome! She takes such good care of herself, and is still taking a few supplements. The doctors I have met over the years at Envita have been the most brilliant and compassionate doctors, who exude goodness! I don't believe for a second that they would tell anyone they need an exorcist to get well. That is not the Envita I know and have come to love. My dad was treated for a blood disorder back in 2003 or 2004. I have known about Envita for so many years.

Anyone who listens to these people with such negative reviews, may be making the biggest mistake in there lives. I know Envita very well, and they are all totally ethical, good people, people who truly care and only want their patients to get well from their diseases. Here is a bit of advice to anyone who is now totally confused about the positive and negative reviews. Do your own research, call and talk to them, base your decision based on your research about what they know and can share with you, and do you feel good talking to them or bad? It just really bugs me, when I know the truth about Envita because of my extensive history with being their to support family members who have been so sick, and then I read these negative reviews, many by people who have never even been to Envita. I'm done with my rant, I just hope to help someone who is totally confused now, make the decision and get the help they need, Envita has been the answer for my families lives.
 9th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
My name is Amanda and I am one of the managers at Envita. I wanted to express our appreciation for some of the concerns expressed in these reviews. I have been here for years and know what we stand for as a company as well as what we do here for our patients. It is my goal to provide clarity and to dispel any confusion. I am here to provide real, accurate, and honest expectations for our patients and for the public who are interested in what we do. Our Doctors and staff are incredible people who are dedicated to finding answers and treating patients in the most effective way possible. Our treatments and technology are continually advancing with our focus on getting people well. I have experienced firsthand our successes and failures with patients recovering. I am here to help and can provide any educational information that would bring light to the matter such as our published studies, educational webinars, articles, ect. Please feel free to reach out to me personally with any questions or concerns. I can be reached at 602-569-4144. I wish you all the best of health.
God Bless,
Amanda
 1st of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
Agree .As a subspecialist in rheumatology for 30 yrs I have the training to reasonably assess their approach. There are a huge number of people with false positive IGM Lyme tests .Some have legitimate autoimmune diseases .Some may have had contact with other spirochetes that dont cause chronic infection. Evita is exploiting that for financial gain and they should be ashamed of either their deception or ignorance.
As regards Fibromyalgia it is a pain threshold disorder . Its related to Serotonin and norepinephrine levels and in some women lower estrogen levels. Substance P is a neurotransmitter that enables pain transmission its levels are inversely proportional to serotonin levels in the brain. It is what is released by Pepper on the tongue.
Antidepressants work very well but you have to know how to use them. Exercise that doesnt put too much stress on tendons and ligaments can help. Situational stresses need to be counseled.Conditions that can mimic fibromyalgia include low thyroid or B12, spondyloarthopathies like psoriatic arthritis and referred pain and spasm from pinched nerves in the neck or low back.
The problem with fibromyalgia is that few Doctors are trained in the complete differential diagnosis of musculoskeletal pain. Rheumatologists have the formal training to do so more than other physicians but some havent learned the nuances of treating patients with antidepressants. That leaves a window for operations like Evita to exploit the unsatisfied or anti conventional patient.
 26th of Jul, 2015 by    0 Votes
Boy, what pat answers from those who disagree with OP.
Envita is a scam simply designed to separate a fool from his/her money. I am a rheumatologist, who treats these serious disorders on a regular basis, and ran across their ad claiming to have the cure for fibromyalgia, lupus, chronic Lyme disease, chronic fatigue syndrome and a myriad of other "idiopathic"and "autoimmune" diseases.

So much false science stated in their ad I don't know where to start. First of all, claiming that these diseases are all "idiopathic" is simply untrue. Lupus has a well understood genetic etiology. Lyme disease has a well understood infectious etiology, which by the way is easily treated with inexpensive oral antibiotics. Fibromyalgia is mechanical in nature, and to be medically correct is a syndrome, not a disease. That means there is no single identifiable etiologic agent, but rather an identifiable pattern of symptoms repeatedly reported across a population--what's called a causalgia--the list of symptoms define the syndrome. Any MD worth his salt who treats Fibromyalgia knows unequivocally the cause-- long term anxiety disorder and it's well established relationship to insomnia, depression, fatigue, pain, and deconditioning.

However, my favorite is the referral of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as "Chronic Fatigue Immunodeficiency Syndrome", a term unused by scientist and physicians for over 25 years now!!! CFS is, was, and still is, very well proven to NOT be one of the autoimmune disorders and does NOT have an autoimmune cause. In fact in a very well known multidisciplinary conference in the late 1980's it was established and agreed upon that CFS was just another name for Fibromyalgia. This conference was presided over by Dr Fred Wolf, the scientist who discovered, defined, and researched Fibromyalgia.

Although I could go on to other discrepancies of medical science and physiology in Envita's claims, the above is more than enough to prove their statements represent a denial of established scientific principles and basic misrepresentation of the physiology of disease. I treat people every day for all of the above maladies, and for a fraction of the cost. Do I have a 100%, or even 90% success rate? Of course not. Nobody does, ...except for paid spokespersons.

Envita.com Logo Envita.com Logo Envita.com