logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (30 mins ago)
Mobile Repeater Australia
Undelivered items, bad services and communication
2. (41 mins ago)
STC
stc lottery
3. (1 hr 21 mins ago)
MaxForCheap.com
Local law enforcement should look into their scam.
4. (1 hr 31 mins ago)
John Pedro Loans
Rep asks for more money, but doesn’t provide loan
5. (1 hr 36 mins ago)

Posted: 2012-07-06 by    Balan

Avoid like the plague

Envita.com
envita.com
The only thing worse than the diseases Envita is "treating" is the false hope they are giving to their patients that ridiculously overpriced vitamin $#*!tails or potentially harmful ozone and hydrogen peroxide IV's are going to cure their cancer or chronic disease. The doctors at Envita should be ashamed of themselves and have their licenses permanently revoked for their bizarro treatments. What actually impresses me is that they are able to get people to pay for $4000 IV therapy! I was astounded that the first thing they asked me to sign there was a medical waiver saying I would never sue them for any malpractice claims and instead only do arbitration. Good God how many people do they have threatening to sue them? Is this even legal? It seems a major violation of a patients constitutional rights. This place is a total scam and after waiting 2 hours and spending $209 to see their "doctor" I wish I would have read more of the long list of complaints, lawsuits, arbitrations, and board complaints/reviews on their physicians. After asking around I have heard SAD stories of people spending tens of thousands of dollars there with NO RESULTS! And of course they do not offer refunds or guarantees on their "medicine" that is not FDA approved yet exorbitantly priced. After making an appointment with the naturopath my infectious disease doctor recommended I learned she would give me the nutritional IV for $150 instead the $1000 they were trying to sign up for. AVOID!!!
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Apr, 2013 by   M4RK 0 Votes
This post really saddens me because it clearly demonstrates how easily someone can post whatever they want on the internet with absolutely no idea what they’re talking about. I find this very irresponsible of ComplaintsBoard.com to allow this, but that’s beside the point.
The first thing I have to wonder, Mr. Balan, is where you’re getting your information from. My wife has been a patient at Envita for 10 years and we know for a fact that there have never been any malpractice lawsuits or arbitrations. You can research this for yourself very easily and you will find nothing, nada, zilch. That’s pretty impressive for a medical practice that has been in business for over a decade and treated thousands of patients, even if they do have “bizarro treatments, ” as you say. But then, it seems less likely that they have strange medical practices and more likely that you’re unfamiliar with advanced integrative medicine. My goal is not to offend you, but set the record straight and encourage people to provide truthful information or at least do their homework.
I’ve personally spoken with the administration before and they’ve explained very clearly to me how the medical waiver works. It’s actually mandated by Envita’s malpractice insurance carriers and has nothing to do with the medical staff itself. Again, there have been no lawsuits in their history and it’s not because of these waivers.
I’ll explain to you what arbitration is, because it’s obvious you don’t understand it. Arbitration is when, instead of a jury, you bring your case to a private courtroom in front of a judge. This makes a lot more sense because a judge is objective and understands medical law, unlike a jury, which is subjective and usually unaware of how medical practice works.
Is this legal? Well, it appears so. It’s also not an atypical practice, and you would know that if you had done your homework. Also, the U.S. Constitution includes no mention of medical patient’s rights, so your complaint there is also invalid.
Most importantly, it’s obvious that you did not receive treatment from Envita, so why are you even writing this review? Perhaps it’s because your insurance doesn’t cover it (not anyone’s fault) but they never tried to overcharge us. Their IV therapy was the same price as you paid, approximately $150-$200, not $4000 or $1000 (you contradict yourself. Which is it?) But suggesting that a nutritional IV is all Envita does or all you would need to solve your condition is a big joke.
A nutritional IV is not all that Envita provides – they have entire programs tailored to each individual that get much more in-depth than just an IV. And if you had actually taken time to Google Envita, you would know that their medicine is a mixture of traditional and integrative natural medicine.
And no results? Tell that to my wife, who had colon cancer and was told by the Mayo Clinic to go home and die. She went from Stage 3 to Stage 4 in a matter of three days, but Envita helped rebuild her immune system and here she is 10 years later. Most people don’t realize colon cancer has a low-success rate for cancer in far-spread disease and you’re basically a hospice patient– this was an incredible turnaround.
And yes, care is expensive, but in my experience, Envita is generally competitively priced. Still, treatment is not comparing apples to apples – the end result is most important. Ask yourself when reviewing these other clinics: did anyone get better? How long did treatment take? What kind of doctors were they employing?
No medical center on Earth offers refunds or guarantees – that would be completely disingenuous. And no practice can make everyone is happy and that’s fair, but you should at least be familiar with the company or have received treatment before you start criticizing.
And unlike you, I actually have sources to back up my claims:

Peace,
Mark
 17th of Jun, 2013 by   Aleta Sonnenberg +1 Votes
Thank you Mark, for taking time to refute, in a positive and thoughtful manner, the previous post.
Considering treatment,
Aleta
 27th of Jun, 2013 by   Michael Huls +1 Votes
YOU ARE INCORRECT IN YOUR ACCUSATIONS OF MALPRACTICE AND COMPLAINTS!
Your way off on your fees. Last time I checked a high dose Vitamin C was $175.

My 16 year old daughter was in a car accident before school and her trip to the ER room in Scottsdale was $19.000.
Last november I fell and got a concussion and went to scottsdale north and my bill was $38, 000. What do you think about the cost of that medical treatment? Are they crooks because they charge that much money?

Two years ago I came down with lyme disease, After 8weeks of 6 Hr daily treatments, I was cured.
By the way, Mayo Clinic, doesn't even treat LYME disease.

Over the last ten years I have recommended many patients to Envita from as far away as Australia. In my eight weeks of treatment that I spent at Envita I encountered numerous patients with successful treatment stories that were just short of a miracle. Many of which came to Envita from having gone to conventional treatment first and were only coming to Envita because of failed treatment. Most of these were types of cancers. I have seen multiple children treated as well.

My name is Michael Huls and I am a 20 year brain cancer survivor. I believe a lot of my success comes from a relationship with God and not having done Chemotherapy. I believe Envita is one of the most successful integrative centers in this country! If you are seriously considering going to Envita and you want to hear stories and more information from me, I will be willing to meet you for a cup of coffee. You can reach met at (602)821-5465.
 26th of Jul, 2013 by   Kandi Cook +1 Votes
I was really frightened when I found this complaint about Envita. We just made arrangements yesterday to bring my Father to Scottsdale in three days for assistance with chemo. The decision on where to have his cancer treatments and which approach to choose was left up to me alone. The weight of a decision of that size has not been easy to carry the last two weeks. My Dad means everything to me. I would trade my soul and all the money we have for a few more years with him. I almost didn't see the comments posted after the complaint. I am SO GLAD that you people have taken the time to respond in their defense. I am sure that Envita appreciates your efforts. On top of that, my family wants to reach out and say thank you too. We are worried. Hoping for great results. And have pooled all the money we have to pay for his chemo being they do not bill insurance regardless of the carrier. Thank you again - and say a prayer for my Father - Mr. Kent Cook he has basosquamous carcinoma now in his lungs and it is poorly differentiated. They say he has less than 3 months without chemo and a miracle. I say its not over until the fat lady sings and if you think you hear music - COVER YOUR EARS! Take that cancer! We are going to put up the biggest fight ever known before we give you my Daddy. ha ha
 19th of Jan, 2014 by   sojourner76 0 Votes
If I had known Then, what I know NOW...I would never have gone the AMA route!
I've survived, and having researched since then--How can you treat a disease when you don't have a clue what Causes it??Louis Pasture was right, "Its the terrain, not the germ"
the sojourner