logo

4. (1 hr 5 mins ago)
Union Workers Credit Services
PLATINUM CARD Membership for $37 fee
5. (1 hr 20 mins ago)
Iranian hospital Dubai...worst hospital with worst surgeons
Iranian hospital Dubai.....worst hospital with worst surgeons

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Emirates Airlines Complaints & Reviews - Lost luggage!

Emirates Airlines Contacts & Informations

Emirates Airlines

Posted:    Marian Cahill

Lost luggage!

I traveled from Thailand to Dubai on July 26th, on a holiday of a lifetime! As in I mean, I spent well, as a one off to 'splash out', savings used tec. Myself and my partner arrived in Dubai early am, to chaos when it came to luggage retrieval. Our flight from Bangkok was showing anywhere on any info boards in baggage reclaim. Being on an expensive holiday with Twohigs and considering the excellent service we received at Amsterdam, Bankok and Ciang Mai airports, I remembered coming to Dubai airport, a long, long walk, and someone with my name, telling me, my tour guide would meet me at arrivals , giving me a mad map of the airport!!!

Anyway, carusel kept going, buggies being discarded to one side, wheelchairs, suitcases??? I thought MAD?? This is not right, asked a female in an emirate uniform twice, still have her name in my head, was their a delay or a problem with luggage coming through, she told me it could take up to 6 hrs!!! Anyway, my partner, far more patient then me, ws now getting a little fed up, we had checked oot from our hotel in Chiang Mai 24 hrs earlier and really needed a freshen up, met another guy from Australia whose suitcase hadn't turned up either.

Went to BAGGAGE RELAIM EMIRATE OFFICE AT ARRIVAL!!! What a queue, what a system!! No system at all!!! Eventually some very "FRIENDLY' female EMIRATE AIRLINE member of staff, asked my partner in front of my, to tell his lady friend to 'calm down!!! I was only asking how long more after 4 hrs waiting , I was in Dubai for 3 nights and I had paid well for the same, 1st night flying, didn't want 2nd at airport.

With agreeable, ny partner reluctantly put in claim for lost luggage with same emitare desk and we left to enjoy hol. Needless to say, the fab Jumeriah and no luggage, gud luck, the few days were ruins.

My mates suitcase was returned to the hotel later on the same day of our arrival, but despite re assurance from airline staff, hotel staff and emirate airline staff, I am now lost. My suitacse with all, souvenirs, memoirs, whatever from Thailand, my HOLIDAY of a lifetime is??? Money will never replace it! I had personal insurance for the trip, they are waiting for a letter of confirmation from Emitare Airlines for a wk now, by email!!! in order to process my claim.

I will never be compensated for what i had in my suitcase but MAd that I have had to call Emirate Airline Baggage Service 00971 4 2133233!!! I know he number off by heart, I have rang this number 18 times in the last wk!! Still I have no letter for my insurance company! And my belongings and purchases, gifts, souvenirs are??? Lost!!
Comments Ireland Airlines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Dec, 2007 by   Ekaterina 0 Votes
I am so frustrated with Emirates airlines,who lost my luggage with my all belongings from the trip Las Vegas-New York-Dubai.Cant believe it would happened with such a big and respective company!!! And the worse, noone seem to care or call me,the number has given to me (04-2133233), i call every day and its hard to get trough and i after i get chance to talk to someone,they give me wrong information,l ies, promises to call me back (which they never did!). I am so lost and don't know if there any responsible devision for that. I have a shock of my life and will never trust the to leave my luggage with Emirates airlines!!!
 2nd of Apr, 2008 by   Louis 0 Votes
i am still waiting for a reply from emmerates !!!..it has been 3 weeks now, and i am still waiting for my luggage !!..I have phoned 9 times, have emailed 4 times..and still no answer..i fly from South Africa, to Dubai..and then to Iraq..I want my Luggage PLEASE !!!..Contact me.My luggage is at your terminal at lost and found.
 7th of Apr, 2008 by   hadia 0 Votes
yea..!! i def had lost my suitcase as well.. i was coming bak from pakistan to dubai to new york.. and when i went to baggage claim in NY my bag never showed up when i went to customer service... they told me that there is no info of my lost suitcase in the computer..?!?!! how is that possible... but i called emirates EVERYDAY and they finally told me they found my bag... unfortunetly is wasnt mne and i gave it back. I kept calling a month and a half later.. i got my compensation.. but still.. i didnt want the money.. i wanted my bag...! I HATE emirates... they ALWAYS LOOSE PEOPLES BAGS..!!! I'd rather fly PIA...!!
 15th of Jul, 2008 by   LP 0 Votes
I understand your frustation. It has been almost a year and I am still trying to get a response on my trip from NY-London-Dubai. The Jumeriah Hotel sent in a lost baggage response and I still do not have a response, after numerous attempts to contact them. I had to purchase everything for 2-3 days of waiting for the bags. I was there for business meetings, needed suits, evening wear, etc. They stole items from the bags when they were in transit. I am surprised at this airline and quite disappointed in the lack of response considering the reputation they have and the money spend to fly first class in quite expensive. This is certainly not the response you would expect.
 27th of Sep, 2008 by   Ranjini 0 Votes
hi ..
my husband missed his jackets in chennai airport during immigration check.
could somebody tell me the email id for lost and found in dubai
 5th of Oct, 2008 by   MINSOO KANG 0 Votes
Dear Sir,

I left a portable media player on my seat in following flight:

1. Flight No : EK122
2. Date : 3 Oct. 2008
3. From : Istanbul
4. To : Dubai
5. Departure time : 19:25 (Turkety Time)
6. Seat No : 18G

Therefore, please let me know how to find it.

Regards,
 18th of Nov, 2008 by   Reginald Kula 0 Votes
LOST LUGGAGE
 18th of Nov, 2008 by   Reginald Kula 0 Votes
lost luggage, It, s about 8 month ago since I lost the luggage when travel from south Africa- O.R.T.IA. to Dubai.
SOUTH AFRICA ( ID.NO. 6807276069087 )
REGINALD KULA
 3rd of Dec, 2008 by   Savio D'Souza 0 Votes
Everyone with bad experiences on Emirates is probably wondering why they do not have a complaint section on their website. That's because they are attempting to hide all the bad publicity they receive.

"Emirates, the world's favourite airline" "Emirates, the world's #1 airline" - who confers these titles? Are these being bought by the airline?

The Indian, Pakistani and Emirati staff at Dubai Airport are rude, ignorant and illiterate. I have worked in the Aviation industry and am well aware of the standards that airlines like UA and Singapore thrive to meet.

In the case of Emirates, there is only one goal, please the ethnic-Europeans with dignity and the rest can find their own way.
In fact, it doesn't matter to them if you are an American or Canadian with ethnic-South Asian heritage; as long as you are not fair skinned, you are not going very far with the EK and Dubai Airport staff.
 8th of Jun, 2009 by   emeka .A. 0 Votes
my name is ANUMBA frank.E., i fly emirate Ek 309 from beijing- china via dubai to lagos, At lagos i could not see my 2bags no.Ek460001&Ek459999.then i asked the Ground staff, he told me to fill a form which i did but since then no answer to my bags.when i went to thier office, the staff in the cumpter told me that there is no information for my 2Bags in the system...Emirate is the most none- organize Air-line in the World expecaily in baguages matters...
 5th of Aug, 2009 by   Dr. Saleh Jomaa Alrajhi 0 Votes
Dear Sir/Madam

Salaam !

This is to report a lost my prescribtion glasses of golden frame in a Burberry Case on the Emirates the particulars of which are as following:

1. Flight No. EK 048
2. Date: 28 July, 2009
3. From: Frankfurt ( FRA )
4. Dubai ( DXB )
5. Departure time: 2220
6. Seat No. 2A ( First Class )

I would be more than appreciative to be given any lead of wether it has been found or not. If found, pls.inform me on my e-mail you have with the Skywards Program, Card No. Ek 100 234 142

Thanks & kind regards,
 10th of Aug, 2009 by   sreejayan 0 Votes
fed up with emirates I booked a ticket to cochin from london hethrow
on the way we missed the connecting flight on dubai due to flight late.
once we arrived in cochin and when call office to check the return flight they are saying they cancelled the return flight due to the missing it is horrible ... never ever use emirates flights they are cheaters
 12th of Aug, 2009 by   lina ghalayini 0 Votes
Dear sir/madam,
Today, august 12, 2009, I lost a golden motorola mobile.
flight EK 956
from beirut to dubai.
departure:3:55
seats 6D, 7D, 6A, 6E.
I informed Ms. Munira & Mr. Fahed in the airport premises@ 8 a.m
was told I'll have an answer in 2 hours.
phoned Ms. Victoria @ 5p.m... still my mobile not found.

Would really appretiate if somebody can help!
regards,
lina
 17th of Mar, 2010 by   Abdi Hussein 0 Votes
we arrived SFO on January 27 and they lost one of my bags. today is April 17 and as of now i haven't received any reply to my emails. i have been calling their New York/SFO offices since than and they are not answering my calls or calling me back. i am so frustrated i don't know what to do.
 22nd of Jun, 2010 by   Ms Val Franklin 0 Votes
I lost my diary on a flight with Emirates. It has important dates and medical information. It has a red cover with gold rimmed pages.

Flight EK030
Heathrow to Dubai
3rd June 2010
1700 hours
Seat no. 44k

Please, if anyone has found it, can you contact me, Val Franklin, on:
valind@rediffmail.com or mobile no. 0091 98168 51841

Thank you so much - I will be so grateful.
 3rd of Sep, 2010 by   AMKanjoo 0 Votes
I travelled on EK 766 from Johannesburg, South Africa to Karachi, Pakistan via Dubai on 1st of September, 2010. I'd one suitcase of about 33 kg which I checked in and one hand carry bag. when I arrived in Karachi and picked up my suitcase up from luggage belt, I was shocked immediately that it was very light in weight and next thing I saw the lock was missing so instead of seeing it inside I immediately asked a custom officer standing nearby what to do in such a case, he guided me to emirates counter and when we opened the suitcase, we found all the valuables 3 laptops and 7 brand new cell phones a digital camera and a medical watch were missing and torn empty boxes were laying inside among clothes. Worst came afterwards when seeing such evidence as brand new empty boxes and 19 kg weight of remaining bag, the airlines staff started investigating me as I was accused and guilty and not a victim. After 3 hours of up and down through their offices I finally got a file opened for my case and they gave me reference number to follow up in 15 days time (KHIEK25537/02SEP10/0938GMT) At the time of my arrival it was so shocking that I forgot to see that my Truworth sun glasses were also missing but anyway something which revolved in my later is that an Emirates staff, a man at online check-in counter who helped me that nightn when I handed my bag to be checked-in he took few of my documents in haste and told me that he's just going around the corner to make photocopies but when he returned after about 3 or 4 minutes, I don't remember holding any copies in his hand, he just handed me my stuFf back as he's already printed boarding cards for both of my flights. He also didn't inquire that my stuff weighed over limit, which I was hoping as I paid 325 Rands on my domestic Mango airline flight from Bloemfontein to Johannesburg few hours ago. Anyway I hope I'd hear from Emirates as soon as possible. And if anyone from Emirates pay any attention to this I'd like to request them to change my phone numbers in my file. The new number is +923337443370 but more than anything else I want to be contacted via email: seraiki@gmail.com something else I want to mention, it seemed normal to staff if one is coming from Johannesburg.
Ahmed Mustafa Kanjoo
 4th of Dec, 2010 by   Rushdy 0 Votes
My name is Rushdy Fouzeen. I have lost my luggage on 27 November 2010. Flight no. EK803 from colombo via Dubai to Jeddah. The Authorities are trying to trace my luggage and i an in contact with them.
My Baggage lost Ref no. JEDEK28633

kindly be requested to trace and give as early as possible. i have my original certificates in the luggage along with other very important stuffs of my life.

My Mobile Contact no. +966551520893
 8th of Dec, 2010 by   cdikmen 0 Votes
I m using ususally Emirates Airlines. So far I was happy with their services
On 23.11.2010 in Hong Kong-Bangkok-Dubai-Istanbul route used Emirates Airlines.My Journey on the reservation number, flight numbers and Luggage card numbers are listed below.
I get from my brother as a gift from Hong Kong that are currently new 1 x Iphone 4 to 16 GB mobile phone and new condition 1 x Sanyo Xacti hd 1920x1080 14 MP camera after the flight I noticed that there is no in my luggage.
Any people help me
EK 525591
EK 525592
EK 555593
 16th of Apr, 2011 by   Wilfried Preusse 0 Votes
I lost my black jacket in the Airport Dubai.
It is textile (not leather) and has a little orange loop to hang up it.
In a pocket with zipper on the front site of the jacket are a key and a little box with 3 SD memory cards.
The SD cards are important for me, they have all my pictures from three month in New Zealand and Australia.

Please, if anyone has found it, can you contact me, Wilfried Preusse, on:
Wilfried.Preusse@gmx.de
I will reward the finder of the cards.

Airport Dubai Terminal 3, at gate 220 outside the boarding zone
13/04/2011 about 8 am, bevore flight EK055 to Duesseldorf
Enclosed you find a picture from the SD card box.
 2nd of May, 2011 by   Nanoberoi 0 Votes
Hi,

I have lost some jewewllery at Dubai airport. Can someone please confirm online portal where I can submit a complaint for the same.

Thanks!!