Emirates Airlines

Lost luggage!

I traveled from Thailand to Dubai on July 26th, on a holiday of a lifetime! As in I mean, I spent well, as a one off to 'splash out', savings used tec. Myself and my partner arrived in Dubai early am, to chaos when it came to luggage retrieval. Our flight from Bangkok was showing anywhere on any info boards in baggage reclaim. Being on an expensive holiday with Twohigs and considering the excellent service we received at Amsterdam, Bankok and Ciang Mai airports, I remembered coming to Dubai airport, a long, long walk, and someone with my name, telling me, my tour guide would meet me at arrivals , giving me a mad map of the airport!!!

Anyway, carusel kept going, buggies being discarded to one side, wheelchairs, suitcases??? I thought MAD?? This is not right, asked a female in an emirate uniform twice, still have her name in my head, was their a delay or a problem with luggage coming through, she told me it could take up to 6 hrs!!! Anyway, my partner, far more patient then me, ws now getting a little fed up, we had checked oot from our hotel in Chiang Mai 24 hrs earlier and really needed a freshen up, met another guy from Australia whose suitcase hadn't turned up either.

Went to BAGGAGE RELAIM EMIRATE OFFICE AT ARRIVAL!!! What a queue, what a system!! No system at all!!! Eventually some very "FRIENDLY' female EMIRATE AIRLINE member of staff, asked my partner in front of my, to tell his lady friend to 'calm down!!! I was only asking how long more after 4 hrs waiting , I was in Dubai for 3 nights and I had paid well for the same, 1st night flying, didn't want 2nd at airport.

With agreeable, ny partner reluctantly put in claim for lost luggage with same emitare desk and we left to enjoy hol. Needless to say, the fab Jumeriah and no luggage, gud luck, the few days were ruins.

My mates suitcase was returned to the hotel later on the same day of our arrival, but despite re assurance from airline staff, hotel staff and emirate airline staff, I am now lost. My suitacse with all, souvenirs, memoirs, whatever from Thailand, my HOLIDAY of a lifetime is??? Money will never replace it! I had personal insurance for the trip, they are waiting for a letter of confirmation from Emitare Airlines for a wk now, by email!!! in order to process my claim.

I will never be compensated for what i had in my suitcase but MAd that I have had to call Emirate Airline Baggage Service 00971 4 2133233!!! I know he number off by heart, I have rang this number 18 times in the last wk!! Still I have no letter for my insurance company! And my belongings and purchases, gifts, souvenirs are??? Lost!!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country Ireland Complaint category Airlines
Was the above complaint useful?

23rd of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Emirates Airlines - Delayed baggage!
United Kingdom

I was flying with Emirates from Mumbai to Dubai and Dubai to Manchester on the 20/09/2007. However from Manchester I had a connecting flight to Isle Of Man on Flybee. I have already lodged a complaint at the Isle Of Man airport for missing baggage. It has been 4 days now and I have not heard from them. When I called them, they informed me that they have not yet received the baggage and requested me to call Emirates. When I called Emirates they said that they cannot help me, as the last flight was on Flybee. This is ridiculous that none of the Airlines could help me. I will never fly by Emirates ever again.
 9th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes

Emirates Airline - Lost luggage!
South Africa

A friend of mine flew to Dubai on Tuesday 4th December 2007, he packed one bag for a three month trip. When he arrived in Dubai his bag went missing, after trying everything he could at Dubai Airport and missing his flight to Austria, I also contacted Jo-burg Emirates, as well as his travel agent. Unfortunately no-one can help. What is a person suppose to do? Is it worth traveling with Emirates when so many people are complaining about the same problem? If that bag does not get found I will make sure that every newspaper and every tourist and travel agent gets to hear and see what is happening on their airline!!!
 12th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
I am so frustrated with Emirates airlines,who lost my luggage with my all belongings from the trip Las Vegas-New York-Dubai.Cant believe it would happened with such a big and respective company!!! And the worse, noone seem to care or call me,the number has given to me (04-2133233), i call every day and its hard to get trough and i after i get chance to talk to someone,they give me wrong information,l ies, promises to call me back (which they never did!). I am so lost and don't know if there any responsible devision for that. I have a shock of my life and will never trust the to leave my luggage with Emirates airlines!!!
 16th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
I also flew with Emirates on the 8th of Dec, and my luggage is also not found as yet, I'm really unhappy with the service recieved from this airline, I only which they could find my bags.
 23rd of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
I am extremely unhappy with the services provided by Emirates. I was flying from Chennai to Birmingham UK via Dubai on 23 Dec. We boarded the aircraft at 0330 and were standstill up until 0730 with absolutely no explanation for this whatsoever. We were then asked to disembark the aircraft as the crew could not continue with the flight after 0730 hrs!!! We are now put up at a third class hotel at Chennai awaiting further news!

I found that the crew did not take any time to explain the situation adequately to passengers and those with young children were not given any priority.

I will never travel with Emirates ever again. THIRD RATE - EMIRATES!!!
 26th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
On October 14, 2007 @ 1755hrs, I boarded EK433 at Auckland, New Zealand, to fly to Singapore via Brisbane. I was assigned to the seat 35G. After the re-embarking at Brisbane Airport, the plane was rather empty where I then decided to sleep on the 4 seats that were not occupied. I then put up the hand rest and lie on the same stretch of the roles of 35G.

About an hour or 2 later, I woke up with itch around my waist. I then realized I have got about 5 red spots on waist and then gradually, my body, my leg begin to itch. I did complain to a male steward who serve the few roles I was in. The said steward however merely acknowledge the complaint and did nothing thereafter.

It was not until I arrived home on October 12, 2007 @ 0230hrs, where I discover more bites all over my body and upon counting them, I had 42 bites, on my left under arms, right buttocks, thighs, back of the body, etc. I have called Emirates in Dubai and all they ask me to do was to write in.

Well, write in and din reply until I had to make overseas call (the local office dun handle this) Well, filed a complaint to them and 3 weeks ago, they said they will contact me as they are concluding their investigation but despite my many emails, they did not reply me at all.

I have shared this to my travel agent, she shared simlar experience of bug bites but did not indicate which airline. Can anyone advise what we can do or who we can file a complaint?

I totally agree! though they may be cheap, but their service is really terrible...
 17th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
Dear Sir / Madam, I made a very short trip to India from US after 2.5 years with very few gifts as token respect / love to our family back home. But the luggage did not make it to mumbai from Dubai. I tried reaching the office just to hear the ringtone from their office phone indicating the phone is busy. When I finally manage to reach to representative, I get a standard reply that luggage will be coming in the next flight. Thanks to Emirates for taking our peace from us during the time our vacation. There is inefficiencies at every level with Emirates. I think Emirates Airlines has to take step back and look at the whole business operations (including the pitiful customer service). Customers are NOT just who pays to fly, they are the ones who make every cent your profit.
 18th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
I flew into Entebbe, Uganda on the 30th of October. Today is the 18th of January, and I am yet to hear ANYTHING about my missing bags. They keep telling me they're working on the reimbursement process, but this is riciculous. I am living in Uganda doing volunteer work for 6 months, and everything I brought was in that one bag. Now as I have been forced to buy all the things I need to survive here, I have spent almost all the money I brought.
If Emirates does not pay me back in the next two weeks, I am going to have to fly home. Meaning I am going to look into suing them for the last three months of my stay which I have already paid for.
Does anybody have any ideas? I'm desperate at this point. Everybody I've talked to seems incompetent.
 26th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
I too flew Emirates Airlines over this last December vacation, returning January 2008. Worst experience we've had with any airline. Lost Luggage not found and missed connection due to their system going down. Had to deal with staff who were not prepared to deal with the situation that arose, due to the many delays. Staff were above all very rude and unsympythetic due to our frustrations. Any advise what to do with regards to lost bag. No response from customer affairs at all.
 2nd of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes

Emirates Airline - Lost baggage!
Emirates Airline
New South Wales

My daughter arrived in Sydney from Manchester UK via Dubai, on 31/01/08, but her rucksack didn't. After being passed around from phone number to phone number, manned by staff with an uncaring attitude, and with me also spending huge sums from the UK phoning anyone I could, it eventually transpired that Emirates had change baggage handlers 31/01-01/02.
It wasn't until just before her bag eventually turned up that someone even bothered to tell my daughter that this was one of the communication problems, but it is unbelievable that Emirates Australian staff were still giving out the old number of the previous baggage handling company.

As if this wasn't bad enough, I can't find any details on their website to direct an email to their head office, complaining about their grievous lack of customer care.
 2nd of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
i am still waiting for a reply from emmerates !!!..it has been 3 weeks now, and i am still waiting for my luggage !!..I have phoned 9 times, have emailed 4 times..and still no answer..i fly from South Africa, to Dubai..and then to Iraq..I want my Luggage PLEASE !!!..Contact me.My luggage is at your terminal at lost and found.
 7th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
yea..!! i def had lost my suitcase as well.. i was coming bak from pakistan to dubai to new york.. and when i went to baggage claim in NY my bag never showed up when i went to customer service... they told me that there is no info of my lost suitcase in the computer..?!?!! how is that possible... but i called emirates EVERYDAY and they finally told me they found my bag... unfortunetly is wasnt mne and i gave it back. I kept calling a month and a half later.. i got my compensation.. but still.. i didnt want the money.. i wanted my bag...! I HATE emirates... they ALWAYS LOOSE PEOPLES BAGS..!!! I'd rather fly PIA...!!
 8th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
I am runing out of patient with Emirates airlines, i lost my luggage while i was traveling from indonesia on 29th of Feb 08 on flight number on flight number (EK 349) to dubai and then to catch my connecting flight to kabul, at emirates desk i have been told the bag will be tranfered to my next flight i have given all the information about my next flight till now 8th of April 08 still havent heard any thing, if this side is reviewed by any one i would like to have contact or phone number to find out about my bag

25th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes

Emirates Airline - Lost luggage
Emirates Airline
Korea (South)

I am a frequent traveler. I traveled by Emirates Air line EK 322 on 27 April 2008 from Dubai to south korea Inchoen air port. On arrival to air port my baggage went missing. I had filed complaint nr EK 124269. I have been informed by the lost and found that I can carry on with my trip to busan and they will forward the baggage to busan air port. In Busan I called some many times to seol branch/ emirates air line (which is the only number made available to me by Emirates for baggage problems). Twice someone picked-up the phone and told me how difficult a job it is to retrieve baggage, took my phone number to call back. And that's it. then I informed MY Company in Abudhabi to follow the matter. My company were informed that eimirates air line told them that they have dispatched the bag and we have to to deal with korean section /emirates airlines. I personally used roaming charges calls to talk to the nr 042133233 in dubai but were in vaein and waist of time.

Stayed in busan some 3 night failed to accomplished my business trip as I had a lot of documents and some important paper in that bag. At last I came with promise that the DUBAI OFFICE WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM FOR ME TILL THIS DATE WAITING AND CALL EVERY WEEK TO FOLLOW UP nn it is never ending story. Waiting... till mircale prevails.
 25th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
I had travel with emirate airline from seoul to tehran via dubai on friday dated 23/05/08 by flight no 971. unfortunatly i have not yet recieved my loggage . I lost my meeting . What can i do i have claim against emirates air lines.
 10th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
Dear Sir,
I am Syed Mujahid Hussain Shah from Pakistan and with great regret in writing to seeking help in regards of my lost baggage (AHLDXBEK959491) during my flight journey on board the country notable airline EMIRATES AIRLINE flight EK607 from Karachi to Dubai on 6th April 2008.For your kind information, I have lodged a report to the concern airliner customer service and senior claim assistant in charged (Asilya Mukhidinova) in regards of this matter and they promised to deliver my baggage to me at the soonest possible but yet still I did not receive my baggage nor any good response from them till today. The items inside my baggage are camera, watch, cloths, documents and Hepatitis B medicine made in South Africa (worth AED35000) which I very much need to stay alive, therefore my total claim for this baggage is AED47000. Your urgent attention to this matter will much oblige and I can be contacted at my mobile number 00971505066493. Thank you.
 15th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
I understand your frustation. It has been almost a year and I am still trying to get a response on my trip from NY-London-Dubai. The Jumeriah Hotel sent in a lost baggage response and I still do not have a response, after numerous attempts to contact them. I had to purchase everything for 2-3 days of waiting for the bags. I was there for business meetings, needed suits, evening wear, etc. They stole items from the bags when they were in transit. I am surprised at this airline and quite disappointed in the lack of response considering the reputation they have and the money spend to fly first class in quite expensive. This is certainly not the response you would expect.
 21st of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
i hate emirate because they treat blacks with no respect, who do they think they are. fuck. if you guys dont want blacks tell the world so we know in dubia they are racist.
 26th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
Emirates Airlines does it again, My family arrived in Dubai on the 27 May 2008, two bags were lost. To date (26July 2008) we have had no news on the lost bags. They will not call you and every time you call the lost baggage section you have to quote you claim number and relate the entire story to the person on the other side and if they transfer your call, you have to relate the story again absolutely frustrating . Worst of all when you call the lost baggage section the response is would you like to check on your lost baggage my response "NO I WOULD LIKE TO ORDER A NEW AIRBUS A380", why on earth would we call them besides checking on our lost bags. They have a very bad attitude toward the customers when it comes to the claims department, after giving them the description of our bags and the contents they have claimed that the bags were found only to be frustrated again when they delivered the wrong bags X2. It is impossible to get any of the senior staff on the line and when they do take your call it seems as if we are the ones that are at fault. The contents of our luggage were the most valuable cause we have relocated to Dubai from South Africa and Emirates are offering us less than a quarter of the value of the lost luggage, claiming that they are governed by the Montreal Convention which only allows them to pay USD1456 per claim not per bag. THIS AS GOT TO BE ONE OF THE WORST AIRLINES, THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU USE THEM.
 27th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
hi ..
my husband missed his jackets in chennai airport during immigration check.
could somebody tell me the email id for lost and found in dubai

Emirates Airline Logo Emirates Airline