logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

2. (26 mins ago)
Bryte Shelyton
She takes money and vanishes
3. (29 mins ago)
Misleading advertising

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

eHarmony Complaints & Reviews - eHarmony is a fraudulent scam.

eHarmony Contacts & Informations

eHarmony

Posted: 2013-10-12 by    David Julian

eHarmony is a fraudulent scam.

eHarmony
eharmony.com
Please warn all your friends NEVER to join eHarmony. If I could give them zero stars I would.

It is a dishonest company that cons their clientele into committing for three months to a year. Then after 2 weeks of sending people who live nearby, a vast majority of which are clearly not a match to you in any way, they begin to send only EMPTY profiles of people who live a 1000 miles away or absolute NON-matches. They give no way for the member to search their site, they choose your seven matches a day and only do so if you allow eHarmony to email you. These matches begin to repeat within a month. There is a "what if" category that allows you to search a dozen potential matches they say are outside your "match range". These are random people many up to 25 years younger or older, from around the country, most of who have empty or near empty profiles with a single photo, who later end up in your daily seven actual matches.

One of my daily seven matches I received from eHarmony was so clearly fraudulent they immediately began emailing me through the site, phishing me for my actual email address in broken speech.

I attempted to email eHarmony to cancel and was told to call. I called and the person was really rude and then told me there was nothing they could do, that I should email the address they would send me. I emailed that address and again heard nothing. Since I emailed however, I have stopped receiving any updates on their website, which is nice, but they kept a years membership fees for 5 weeks of HORRIFIC service.

I have since used their on-site messenger to attempt to receive help and still have received no reply. The site uses TV commercials to trick more people into their scam hoping no one ever reads reviews prior to signing up. If eHarmony simply said "we do not have any matches for you at this time" that would be honest. Instead they trap you for your entire period.

People sincerely want to find love and companionship and eHarmony preys upon this need. I offered to pay for the time I'd used and even offered to pay double their rate and was told there's nothing they can do, I had to pay for the entire year for my one month's completely ineffective service.

To refuse to refund and cancel a subscription after providing no service, after multiple requests and providing such a HORRIBLE completely fraudulent product is SHAMEFUL.

If there was a class action suite I would sign on. If there is a lawyer who would like to begin the process, I will sign the complaint today.

Please tell everyone you know to avoid eHarmony. Online dating can work. There are honest and effective online dating sites out there. The top two competitors of eHarmony are both genuinely good sites. I know because I've used them since my experience with eHarmony.

I sincerely hope others are more fortunate and learn of eHarmony's deception before signing up. Because eHarmony will steal your money and according to the dozens of other complaints I've since read, they will renew your contract and charge your credit card even after you've cancelled.

eHarmony is clearly the Enron of on-line dating.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Nov, 2013 by   Ksnider1 0 Votes
Eharmony is the biggest scam I have ever experienced. No matches but they sure will take your money and make it impossible to get out of their so-called contract! Ken S
 26th of Jul, 2014 by   DGH235 0 Votes
There is no such thing as an algorithm that can find true love because love has nothing to do with science or logic. There are a billions of reasons people fall in love and claiming to have discovered the secret is just another form a snake oil. Besides if they could truly help people find love there would be no one on the site because they would have matched everybody and as their own statistics prove their match levels are little better than blind luck. Save your money and go on Craigslist you will still get a lot of bad matches but at least you won't go broke.

Getting The Most Out of Skin Care