logo

Uniqcare Recruitment Ltd
Uniqcare Recruitment
5. (11 mins ago)
Susana B. Tolchard, Attorney
didn't do the work, wont return money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

eHarmony

Posted:    Mitzi Sato-Wiuff

possible discrimination

www.eharmony.com
It's a well publicized fact that this company discriminates against gays and lesbians. But I've been wondering for some time now if this company is against interratcial couples because I have seen many of their commercials and there is not a single mixed color couple featured in any of them I've seen. It's always : white woman & white man, black woman & black man, Asian woman & Asian man, etc. No exception to this "same color" couple-making so far in their advertisement. Their commercials are so "consistent" regarding this issue that I finally had to say something somewhere. Are they just trying to be PC on national TV ads? Or do they firmly believe in "keeping the races pure"?
Comments United States Online Dating Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Jan, 2008 by   Daniel Lynem 0 Votes
When e harmony first started I read in some of the material on the site at the time, and this came from Neil Clark himself, that mixing of races in marriage should not be done and I heard him say the same thing when I heard him speak at a church in Newport Beach, CA. It was in a section that talked about what to be careful of when finding a mate. He gave a number of reasons why he didn't think that interracial marriages where a good thing and people should consider the issues he brings up before going forward. And he was right in that people should take the things he mentioned in to consideration for the purpose of deciding how to deal with those things if and when they come up, but not as a reason to not get married. For example, he talked about having children and what they would go through because of being bi racial and what that would do to them. I have 5 wonderful bi racial (asian/black) grand children and they all are very well adjusted with great attitudes and a lot of friends, white, black etc. So I think he is wrong in some of the reason he stated. It was that he didn't think it was a good idea. I disagreed with him completely. I am a Black male and its interesting but when I was a member I received match's that were all races, White, Hispanic etc. Anyway, because of Neil's own believes about interracial marriages, that could be the reason we don't see those couples in their TV spots. I don't know that for sure, just an educated guess. I sure if you googled Neil you should be able to find some information on that subject.
 28th of Mar, 2008 by   Oddie 0 Votes
I am a black male, Eharmony would match me with women of different races, f I remeber correctly when fill out your profile you are asked about those kind of preferences.
 10th of May, 2008 by   anomisa 0 Votes
I do not have a membership, I am considering NOT signing up. I have been reading a lot of the dissapointment stories. So many people feel cheated b/c they get charged when given ample notice of disinterest in renewal. I DO NOT like the idea that eHarmony will keep NON members on file. YUCKY that is so FRADULANT!!! How could people be so unethical. I am so dissapointed yet grateful, that I looked up some information, and did a little research.
 30th of Nov, 2008 by   Complainer +1 Votes
I filled out the personality profile twice and each time zero matches came up for me and thus they would not allow me to be a member. A year later, the second time I actually lied in my questionaire to see if I could get into the database and again I was denied. I even checked all races when I answered it. What the hell did I answer wrong?

Health Care Reform is Unconstitutional