logo

That's Scrap Inc.
Silver bullet cutter
3. (44 mins ago)
OurTime.com
I cannot find a way to reach this company aside from emails
4. (1 hr 7 mins ago)
CitiBank
Fraud
5. (1 hr 22 mins ago)
robecart.com
I just wanted to make a comment on how happy I am with Robecart.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Lying to Customer

East Coast TVs
New Jersey
eastcoasttvs.com
Don't buy from East Coast TV's. They charge extremely low prices for TVs but will only ship the order if you purchase an expensive warranty.

On August 9th 2010 I purchased a Samsung 40" UN40C6500 from EastCoastTVs. Later that day, I received an email that said: "Please Call 866-496-5784 ask for david to confirm you order thank you". I called and they tried to sell me a warranty and a wall mount. I said "NO". Dave said the order will ship in 7-10 days. After nine days there was still no TV. Then I received an email saying: "Please call gabe concerning your order".
I called Gabe and he said the TV was damaged by the trucking company and they no longer have it in stock. I told them to cancel my order (actual audio is on the youtube video). So, I called back five minutes later, under a different phone number, and they said the TV was still in stock ready to ship. So I you want to get scammed by a bunch of Jersey boys shop at EastCoastTVs

If you want to hear the actual phone conversation I uploaded it to youtube: just search for East Coast TVs Scam or click this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XcMDFVVip0

I knew the transaction with East Coast TV's was going to be shady, but they were and still are around $300 cheaper than the One Call, Amazon, Crutchfield, etc. I figured they would hassle me for a warranty purchase, but what I was not expecting was flat out lying to a customer. After my two phone calls to ECTV's, I thought about calling them back and confronting them, but at that point I was disgusted and did not want to give them a dime of my money. I guess Jersey has the show Jersey Shore and East Coast TV's giving it a bad name.

I ended up purchasing the TV from One Call and received it in 4 days.
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Nov, 2010 by   jhaan2 +1 Votes
I received my order as planned; I did not have to purchase a warranty or wall mount, although they tried to sell me both. They are cheap because they ship from a warehouse and because they sell warranties. But I mean, hey, Best Buy tries to sell warranties, too. Once I was literally yelled at by an employee trying to sell me a warranty at Best Buy. But I go back because it's an awesome store!! Well, I go back because I can see the product that I'm about to buy online from home...haha. Anyway, east coast tvs worked for me, and many others who've commented online.
 19th of Jan, 2011 by   JohnCap523 0 Votes
This guy has posted this same crap on EVERY board. One unhappy camper can create a lot of peoblems for people, and from my experience, a lot of times it's that unhappy camper who created the problem. I bought a 50" plasma from this company 18 months ago and it was a great, pleasant, uneventful transaction. They delivered, opened the box, plugged it in and only after my approval did they run my credit card. I'd absolutely recommend them.
 22nd of Mar, 2011 by   bookman99 0 Votes
Do not buy the "EXPRESS" shipping from East Coast TV, Your TV will take 2 weeks (or less) to arrive regardless of the extra $100 you pay.

East Coast TV's website mysteriously omits the time "Express Shipping" will take. When I asked customer service (the first time) I was told express was 1 week (delivered), 2 weeks without. The next time I was told 1.5 weeks plus 2 days processing for express (2 weeks), 2.5 weeks plus 2 days (3 weeks) processing without. From reviewing delivery times posted on other sites with and without "Express Delivery" there appears to be no difference in delivery times whatsoever. It's shame because without the shipping trickery I would have recommended them. Now I wished I'd paid the $100 extra and pick up the TV from Best Buy.

Also, don't let them "give you a favor" and upsell you on the gold plated HDMI cable + "white glove" service for $140whatever dollars. Gold plated HDMI cable have no more throughput that coat hangers and is another blatant ripoff. (http://consumerist.com/2008/03/do-coat-hangers-sound-as-good-monster-cables.html)
 27th of Jun, 2011 by   debsponlev 0 Votes
I ordered Samsung 55" Samsung 55" Series 7 LED HDTV - w white glove expedited. I called after a week to see when to expect TV. It was Shavuot so they were closed on a Weds, Fri afternoon, Sat and Sun. On Monday, I was told it had arrived in northern FL. I tried to find out about specific delivery day from shipper in So FL. They said the TV was never sent and then that it was returned to NY from the N FL terminal mistakenly. I finally got someone on phone who tried to placate me by offereing to give free shipping but didnt know when I'd get it so I declined. It's now 3 wks later and no refund and are giving run around about waiting to get TV back in warehouse. I just called Am Ex and put an a no pay and I am going to go further if the manager Scott doesnt call back today and show proof of refund.
 27th of Feb, 2012 by   tyggfr 0 Votes
I am going through exactly the same thing as the first post. They are giving me the run around because I declined the extended warranty. I email several times to manager and sales rep with no responses back. Their phone mail comes back as full and they have not picked up every time I called after I declined the extended warranty.
It is 8 days later and still no status from them. Online the order status says processing.
 18th of Mar, 2012 by   davedess 0 Votes
Just got a call that my order was cancelled. They said it was back ordered and the site mentioned it. It didn't. I went back on the site after the call. It still shows as available. They have great prices on things they won't sell.If you order from them and have my experience please let everyone know
 3rd of May, 2012 by   stallionre 0 Votes
This place is a sham. OMG. You wont beleive what he did to me. I am reporting them to BBB and state of NJ. They lie on their website. I placed the order, he called me 5 times to up sale me. I said no. Then he billed my credit card for $500.00 more. The 2% on the website you dont get off. What a sham. It lets you add it to the cart even if you use credit card. If it was not valid them why have it add to my credit card. He called and wanted a check or cash, yeah right, are you crazy? So he can not claim this on taxes. What a lier. Bad business people. They are total scammers that I am blogging them. He is a smooth fast talking scammer. I am filing a complaint with my credit card.
 8th of Oct, 2012 by   anhonestman2 0 Votes
same experience they shipped me a large flat screen tv it had tiny stress cracks all over the screen i paid for the so called white glove treatment [what a joke} i paid also for shipping insurance, when a company locally came out to hook my surround system up they noticed the stress cracks on the screen called the company and they said it was the shippers fault not them pretty much told me too bad i was out of luck, when i signed the delivery sheet i checked the box that said i didnt see it turned on which i didnt also the tv would stay on 30 seconds or so and power down, they shiop me a bad tv and i eat it? this place is a joke but nothing from them ever total con artist hope samsung stops them from selling there products, i did report them fro selling lower then you were required to do.
 28th of Jun, 2013 by   KSG88 0 Votes
Same thing just happened to me. I bought a $1700 grill on their website; got a phone call a few minutes later trying to get me to purchase several things (shipping insurance, white-glove delivery, accessories). I declined them all. I was then told that I was outside their shipping region, so they would upgrade me to white-glove for free.

8 days go by, and my order is still processing on their site. I give them a call, they tell me it's been shipped, but they will call me back first thing the next morning with shipping details. No call, so I call them back on day 10. Again, I was told it's been shipped, and they will contact the shipper and figure out what is going on and call me back. No call. Call them again on day 11, was told the same thing, except I get them to say they will call back in 15 minutes. When they finally call back, I'm told that it's sitting on a shipping dock, damaged beyond repair. And, they don't have any more units in stock.

1 hour later, my wife calls and asks about the unit, and lo and behold, they have several available and ready to go. It's fairly obvious what's going on - if you don't purchase enough extras from them to make up for the cheap prices, they string you along until they can pull out the damaged in transit story.

Moral of the story, these guys are dishonest - they lure you in with cheap prices and then try to sell you extras. I'll gladly pay Amazon an extra $100 to be treated honestly.
 10th of Mar, 2014 by   ezmoney2012 0 Votes
Well I ordered a 60" LED TV from eastcoasttv online and they tried to rip me off from the gate! But in their defence I did place my order and use a coupon code I was not supposed to use. That took a whole $25.17 off my purchase wow I'm soooo sorry lol. I placed my order in February and a week later I noticed that my order was still pending so I called eastcoasttv and was informed about my mistake with the coupon code I immediately apologized for my oversight in using the code and asked if he could just take it off. He agreed and gave me my new grand total it was over a hundred dollars more and he said he would throw in white glove service for free lol so I got upset with him and told him I would only pay the extra $25.17 he agreed but it's the 10th of March and I ordered it around the 10th of February and I still don't know when I will receive my TV lol but it's cool because I already own a 60" HDTV Shhhhh! don't tell eastcoasttv but I could give a damn how long it takes to get here as long as I get what I ordered exactly eastcoasttv will do for now lol

The Lice Lady's Tips to Keep Your Child Lice Free