logo

Choice Home Warranty
Non payment for repairs
4. (37 mins ago)
Choice Home Warranty
Fraud, failure to pay, lying
5. (44 mins ago)
Signal Oil & Gas
False representations/payment default

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Early Moments, Montoursville, Pennsylvania Complaints & Reviews - Unable to contact

Early Moments Contacts & Informations

Early Moments

Posted:    frustrated, where are these people?

Unable to contact

SPI SCH Children's Books
P.O.Box 191
Montoursville, Pennsylvania
This company has been sending poor quality books to the wrong address for over 1 year. The website they list www.HomeClubs.Scholastic.com has no link to this firm. All I want to do is cancel my account. WHERE ARE THESE PEOPLE!!!
Comments United States Books
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Jun, 2009 by   Jennifer_Teach 0 Votes
I'm a teacher, and I may be able to solve this one for you. I am guessing that this is a book club you unintentionally signed up for on your child's book order they brought home from school. Sometimes there are "clubs" that you can join through Scholastic by paying an up front fee. A lot of times the parents think they are just ordering a kit or book off of the book order and are actually signing up to receive books monthly. A good rule of thumb to avoid this is don't order it if you have to fill in your name and address for it.

You can probably go to www. scholastic.com and find the "contact us" information to unsubscribe from the club.

Good luck!
 8th of Jul, 2009 by   BigJoe 0 Votes
my girlfrien got books from them too and a charge on her credit card. which they never should of had. she was member of another book club few years ago. don't know if related.

they were early reader books, are kids are 25 and 28, .

she sent them back. post office lady gave her a recept for free. since it was credit card fraud it was mail fraud too, she said

www.earlymoments.com
800-724-1818
 21st of Jul, 2009 by   mammam 0 Votes
I'm still being billed by these people, they refused to allow me to pay the entire balance when I contacted them, said it would be paid off in less than a year. That was 2 years ago. My credit card company refuses to stop payments without them telling them it's paid. So I just keep paying them 8 bucks a month.
 2nd of Aug, 2009 by   BigJoe 0 Votes
Contact the Attorney General for their state and yours along with the the National BBB and for the one for their city. Call them and ask for a supervisor and tell them the problem and that you have contacted the BBBs and ATs. Good Luck.
 12th of Aug, 2009 by   vdubbleyum 0 Votes
Wow! Early Moments needs put out of business. Their customer service is awful! I'm currently dealing with an issue with them. I ordered the initial package for $4.99 +tax and received my items in the mail. Then it was only 5 days later and they had taken $20.xx out of my checking account for the next shipment of books! They didn't even give me a chance to call and cancel. That's not even the half of it! When they did take out the $20.xx amount, it overdrew my checking account and it cost me over $50 in overdraft fees and now they won't refund me. I even sent back all the books! I write to their "customer care" everyday and will continue until I get my money back! Horrible Horrible Horrible!!!
 16th of Aug, 2009 by   Loveabletrouble 0 Votes
I have a phone # that you are supposed to call to cancel: 1-877-233-0839. Their address is: Early Moments
P.O. Box 4
Montoursville, PA 17554-0004
 26th of Jan, 2010 by   betrue2u 0 Votes
Take it as a lesson learned, I am more weary and cautious when using my debit cards especially online. As a rule of thumb, I always select all the service agreements and cut & paste and print it out, and over a period of a couple of days I read the service agreement page. If something seem shady I don't waste my time! Actually, these company's in general expects the consumers not to read the small print or their 100 page booklets for that matter...It's sad that these company's are allowed to get away with this. To sum it up in two words "Buyers Beware".
 15th of Feb, 2010 by   Mwisemiu 0 Votes
I found a charge from these people on my Credit Card and I've never ordered books from anyone. CC company has reversed the charges, I hope I don't have to do this every month!
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   kuehn from kansas 0 Votes
I have been getting bills in the mail and never got the books now they are charging me and i cant stop them. i have tryed calling the # to see whats going on it will ring once and go to a busy tone. I have no idea what to do about this bill thats not mine.
 23rd of Jul, 2010 by   Mudpudles 0 Votes
I just noticed a charge to my debit card for this club too. I have no idea how they got my information because I did not order or authorize the purchase. It must have come from another online purchase maybe?

The only advise I can give anyone is when ordering online make sure that you have a secure connection with the people you are ordering from which can be detected by looking for https:// and not just http://. ALSO make sure you see the little gold lock on your address bar on the right side. My bank refunded my money and I've since stopped my debit card and ordered new ones. OH...you can also go to the annual credit report and put a 90 day fraud alert on your report just in case. It's free and you do it with one and the other two are alerted. Go to www.annualcreditreport.com and press "fraud alert" in the upper right side. Here is what they tell you. I just did the online one with equifax.

How do I request a "fraud alert" be placed on my file?
You have the right to ask that nationwide consumer credit reporting companies place "fraud alerts" in your file to let potential creditors and others know that you may be a victim of identity theft. A fraud alert can make it more difficult for someone to get credit in your name because it tells creditors to follow certain procedures to protect you. It also may delay your ability to obtain credit. You may place a fraud alert in your file by calling just one of the three nationwide consumer credit reporting companies. As soon as that agency processes your fraud alert, it will notify the other two, which then also must place fraud alerts in your file.

Equifax: 1-877-576-5734; www.alerts.equifax.com
Experian: 1-888-397-3742; www.experian.com/fraud
TransUnion: 1-800-680-7289; www.transunion.com
 11th of Nov, 2010 by   darceyh 0 Votes
mailto:customercare@earlymoments.com
I got an immediate reponse- we'll see if this worked.
 21st of Nov, 2010 by   Elizabeth Stone 0 Votes
I am horrified with Early Moments . I prepaid for somr books $8.95, First of all didnot receive any books just envelopeas if it was torn from a box. I live in a small town in AL I checked with the Post Office in my town and no package came for me, everyone in the Post Office know the people in town by name or face..NOW MY PROBLEM WITH EARLY MOMENTS IS THAT THE DO NOT ANSWER PHONE I LOOKED UP THE PHONE NUMBER ON THEIR WEBSITE. MY ACCOUNT #162029920-217. I REAJJY JUST LIKE TO CANCELL AND BE REFUNDED MY $8.95. THIS COMPANY IS A BIG SCAM THE BBB SHOULD REALLY CHECK THEM OUT.
 15th of Apr, 2011 by   KEKRICH 0 Votes
EARLY MOMENTS NEEDS TO BE INVESTIGATED! AND PARENTS MAGAZINE TOO! THEY ARE IN THIS TOGETHER, SO WHEN YOU RENEW YOUR MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION YOU GET SUCKED INTO THIS STUPID EXPENSIVE BOOK CLUB ($25/MONTH FOR 3 CRAPPY BOOKS)!
I AM ABSOLUTELY APPALLED AT PARENTS MAG. FOR WORKING WITH THESE CROOKS AND FOR ALL THE TROUBLE I AM GOING THROUGH... WOULD RECOMMEND NEVER SIGNING UP FOR PARENTS MAGAZINE!
THEY ARE BOTH THEIVES!!!
 2nd of Jul, 2011 by   Susan F 626 +1 Votes
I also believe this company to be a SCAM!!! On Saturday, July 2, 2011 I received a package of childrens books and paperwork stating that my acct had been charged the amount of $18.96. I immediately contacted my bank, who confirmed that my acct had been charged!! I NEVER ordered these books, NOR did I authorize these charges!! This company HAS COMMITTED IDENTITY AND BANK THEFT from me!!! I have contacted the company via e-mail and will be filing fraudulent charge paperwork with my bank as well as contacting my state's Attorney Generals Office and the National Better Business Bureau!!! PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!
 29th of Jul, 2011 by   amazon01 0 Votes
I ordered six books with them because of an email from parent magazine, it was $5 and free shipping. I thought i was getting a great deal until i was charged $20 w out my permission, with over draft fees i was negative $85 in my account. I went to my bank to fix it. I was on the phone for an hour with there snotty customer service until finally they agreed to cancel my subscription. They wouldnt refund me until they received the books back, at my expense, plus they never refunded the original $5 so i paid $20 out of pocket, have nothing to show for it. And there still sending me those stupid books. Huge scam!
 1st of Sep, 2011 by   C Shapteban 0 Votes
I have had nothing but a positive experience with Early Moments Book Club. Back when I first signed up I looked around their web site. Information was provided on there regarding past shipments as well as dates for future shipments. I was able to change the frequency of the shipment ( I set mine to once a month). I was also able to cancel future shipments if I did not wish to receive them. The majority of the comments I read above tell me that none of those people read the information that was sent with their initial shipment regarding their membership. Perhaps if they had taken the time to do so they wouldn't feel like they were being ripped off because they weren't. I have been a very satisfied customer of Early Moments Book Club for almost a year now & will continue to enjoy sharing with my daughter the boks we receive.
 1st of Sep, 2011 by   C Shapteban -1 Votes
By the way, Sandvik Publishing, which is Early Moments parent company, is an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau since 1975. They have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. If all those people above filed a complaint with them & it held any water they wouldn't have such a prostegious rating. Perhaps if a little time was taken to be a smarter consumer this noteworthy company wouldn't be dragged through the med by so many incorrect negative comments.
 27th of Sep, 2011 by   Nadia King +1 Votes
This website charged my account without me knowing and the customer service is horrible when trying to get resolved... I reported them to BBB and I hope everyone is or did!!! after so many I hope Early Moments shuts down they are a Scam!!!
 14th of Oct, 2011 by   Ahutchison 0 Votes
I along with other people I know picked the option on the Parent's Magazine promotion in 8/2011 to only receive the "free tote bag and 5 free books" for only $7.99 to extend my Parent's subscription. Now there was 2 options through Early Moments... Option 1) Free tote bag and 5 free books with free shipping and no obligation. Option 2) Free tote bag and 5 free books with free shipping on first shipment, then a monthly fee and an addtional 12 books. Luckily for me I make copies of these type of promotions so I don't get taken advantage of. On 10/3/2011 I received and email from Early Moments informing me that they hadn't received my payment for the next shipment, I immediately contacted Early Moments and told the customer service rep that I never signed up for the monthly book club and that I never authorized them to take out any money from my banking account except for the one time promotion through Parent's. She was nice and said that my account through Early Moments was taken care of and that I had nothing to worry about. However yesterday 10/13/2011 I received 3 more books from Early Moments and a bill that stated they charged my bank account $20.10. I then again called Early Moments asking for a refund and for them to send me a paid postage tag for me to send the books back. This lady was so rude and obviously doesn't understand the details of her job! By that I mean, she is to listen to me and when I say send me to your supervisor, then she is to do as she was asked to do. Instead, she yelled at me telling me that she wasn't and didn't have to listen to me and that she was going to give me her supervisor once she was done with my account. She only told me that she would credit my account $18 and that I would just have to deal with the $2 from the shipping and that I would have to ship the books back myself and pay for it as well, she also informed me that Early Moment's would NOT refund my overdraft fee. After informing her that I have copies of everything that I sent and signed up for and that I was going to contact Parent's Mag, the Attorney Generals Office, the BBB and the media as well as my lawyer, she then transfered me. The supervisor credited my account the $20 but still wounldn't credit the overdraft fee, so I informed her as to what I was going to do and then she told me that I just need to fax the proof to her, (which I'm doing today) and then she apologized and asked me if I was still going to contact everyone I mentioned. I told her yes, (and I have) and I then asked if the calls are recorded and she told me they are, which that helps me when their corporate office finally calls me back. If you have a problem with them like I have and many other's then call these following numbers: For EARLY MOMENTS CONTACT: (203) 205-0188 - PAM RAGEN. For PARENT'S MAGAZINE CONTACT: (212) 499-2117 - KAREN DUKE AND ASK TO SPEAK WITH THE EDITOR AND EXPLAIN WHY!
 25th of May, 2012 by   Pivoine 0 Votes
For what it's worth, I've never had any trouble with Early Moments, but I also didn't give them any card information at all. I send them a check after I receive each satisfactory shipment. That way, I get to see what I'm buying before I agree to it.

Credit Card Skimming + ATM and Debit Skimming