logo

Posted:    BDB78

Shut Off Despite Payments

DTE Energy
Michigan
I've been paying DTE Energy $245.00 consistently every month (yes, even in the summer) because they enrolled me in a shutoff protection plan. I made my last payment on July 15th, but received a disconnect notice on August 13th. They will not take payments, but instead told me to call DHS ask for help with my bill. I'm unemployed and have two young children. I know if services are shut off, I'll not be able to reconnect because I'm trying to support my family on my meager UIA benefits. I could understand having my service turned off if I weren't paying my bill, but I am paying.
Comments United States Utility Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Oct, 2009 by   Toylady 0 Votes
My grandmother had the same thing happen to her she was paying them 200.00 a month and had got the bill down to 551 and they came out and shut the service off so now we have to come up with almost 1100 to get the service reconnected...as soon as I get a chance I am moving out of the city so I can get the he*& away them...
 10th of Apr, 2010 by   finaldelta@gmail.com 0 Votes
i am having the same problem except i missed a payment trying to juggle bills and pay rent but dte won't let me get back on my payment plan with out paying them 2500 dollars i don't think this is fair. i am just trying to survive everything is going up and the payrates are staying the same. i just want to be able to have a roof and light and gas. dte has too many people becoming slaves to thier service. i really wish we had a choice of energy companies to choose from.
 19th of Aug, 2010 by   John10 0 Votes
File a complaint with the The Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC) If enough people file their complaints against DTE Energy and DTE Energy has to pay enough fines they will start treating their customers the right way: To Submit Natural Gas Utility Inquiry or Complaint http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/mpsc/gas/gascomplaint.html and to Submit Electric Utility Inquiry or Complaint http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/mpsc/electric/eleccomplaint.html
 24th of Jan, 2011 by   Ledford 0 Votes
I am beyond frustrated! We were on a payment protection plan and missed a payment by one week so we were taken off and told to pay entire balance of $900. Well in the past 5weeks that's exactly what we have paid and now they are shutting us of for not paying occurring charges of $111. I mean what the hell! We have paid $900 in five weeks and it's taking food off our table and now they can't wait one week for us to come up with the $111? Outrageous!! I mean it's only 19 degrees out!
 24th of Mar, 2011 by   keepin it 100 0 Votes
i pay 107 per month and i take care of my daughter in colledge and her son she lost her job to overseas - i opended my bill today 3/23/2011 and they increased my protection plan payment to 210 per month with higer food and gas prices and supporting a family of 3 with only a 2 week notice to pay how can i afford an extra 110 to pay the 217 they want and the bill was only 234.45 is there any help i complained today to the michigan public service commission who regulates DTE maybe if we stand together and all complain we can get somewhere...signed single mom looking forward to a shut off notice poeple are die-ing every day and no one says anything until its them or their family well guess what we are all in it together

Health Care Admonished by Tom Price!

Latest Groups