logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Penn Foster
Won't let me cancel courses
2. (0 mins ago)

Run by idiots

Driveline Retail Solutions
Arkansas
drivelineretail.com
I worked for driveline for awhile, and at first it seemed legit, and i was receiving very a small amount of compensation for my merchandising services. I continued on my schedule and continued servicing my stores, and then one day I got online after putting in long hours after working my first job.(was working about 16 hours total that day) and when I logged onto their site to report, it would not let me. I called the district manager, Carolyn Patterson, who informed me that all of my jobs had been re-assigned. I never recieved a call or email notifying me of this. Also, I was told that EVEN THOUGH I WAS THE ONE WHO DID THE JOBS, and had the managers at the stores that I serviced to confirm, she told me I would not be compensated for my work, AT ALL. I am a very hard worker, always have been, and it was a slap in the face. She is the new regional for my area, the woman before her was competent and I really enjoyed working for the company while she was my DM. Beware of committing time to this company, or relying on it as a supplemented income...because to put it short and sweet.."they really screwed me!"
Comments United States Employers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Aug, 2010 by   master101 0 Votes
I agree.. My district supervisor is Stephanie Ryan and she tells people that its against company policy to work more than 8 hours a day. but nothing is in writing. I've worked so hard in my stores and now they are going to be unhappy with the service. I've called every store and told them and they are not happy.
 9th of Jun, 2011 by   Jessica Fridley 0 Votes
The pay isn't too bad. Depending on what the assignment details. However as far as screwing people goes, I do agree, because by the time I work for what little I make from them & buy all the ink & paper it takes to print out instructions, work orders, etc. I don't feel like I am making nothing. Sometimes I feel like I am paying them to let me work. After all it isn't like it is a full time job so I think the least they could do is keep their employees equipped with ink & paper, especially if since we are good enough to them to run down our own personal equipment.
 5th of Sep, 2011 by   usedbydriveline 0 Votes
joke of a company. Please try to find another company before you work for this place. They will screw you out of money, lie to and about you.
 8th of Sep, 2011 by   Missing_tiki 0 Votes
I worked for this company for a very very short time. They have the most tedious jobs that take forever and little training. I can't imagine how many hours I worked for free and the stores are unhappy. In fact one store manager told me my DM was the laziest person she knew and how could I work for that place. I realized with all the other companies I worked for their assignments weren't worth it.
 4th of Oct, 2011 by   Mucky +1 Votes
Have to agree with everyone. Had an issue with one of the DG store mgrs. and complained to the DG corp office about her. Driveline was doing nothing about her attitude and still expected me to work in the store. Since complaining to the company just received a letter stating I was terminated as of Sept 26 then why did they let me work after that. I will be compensated for my time or I will file a complaint with the labor dept. Worked for them for 5 years with no raise. This was not the first st. mgr that gave me a hard time and I refused to work in her store as well and my dm said she has to move reps around sometimes trying to make it sound like she managed me when I refused to work in the store. My last dm was sooo much better than the present one, she won't answer you unless she thinks its important. Way to stick up for your employees Driveline. Good ridens to you.
 12th of Nov, 2011 by   MCCervantez 0 Votes
I have been with the Company just over 8 months..I have no issues with the dollar general mgrs at this time but the will take advantage of the merchandisers if possible. My Issue is with Family Dollar Ugh!! I hate having to service this store because they are so rude and all the do is complain. I have more then 15 yrs retail and I know what I am doing but the manager is such a Witch! I have repeatedly complain to my Dm and Tech Support and nothing has been done so I have refused to service the store for the last 3 weeks and was told this week either I work the store or lose the town (2 stores in 1 town) so I told him take it I will not work Family Dollar.
I Have also given my 2 week notice at this time due to poor management and not enough compensation for mileage and of course not compensation for all INK AND PAPER! I live in a rural area so everything is a drive but company states the 1st 40 miles is part of the job.(1)
Dm Manager never answers cell phone (2)tech support is really no HELP at all (3) company always changing policy and guidelines
 2nd of Dec, 2011 by   benjamin C +1 Votes
Totally agree with the comments above. I've been with Drive Line for almost 12 yrs. District Manager and Regional Managers don't care about their employees. As long as they have a warm body in the stores and they get their pay and bonus they can care less. I am trying to get reps that work in my district to help submit their issues and complaints as well as their pay issues. We as reps are not offered the opportunity to contact Pay Roll nor are we provided with CEO point of contact. I am currently seeking an Attorney and Open A Big Can Of Worms. Reps in our District do not have access to Other Reps emails and phone numbers, Wonder Why. I have seen good people that worked for Drive Line lose their job because of Lack Of Support from District Manager and above. They are Money Hungry and will do whatever it takes to keep their pockets full. We need to form a pack and Sue Drive Line and report Drive Line to IRS. Maybe shut them down or get honest people to run the company and pay their reps what is due to perform and complete projects. Any thoughts.
 18th of Jan, 2012 by   to old to get ripped off +3 Votes
I have to agree with all of you this company is very unprofessional and rude . and they dont care about anything except money and management bonus and perks. they EXPECT YOU TO BE AT THERE BEKCON AND CALL 4 MONTHS OUT OF A YEAR AND THE REST OF THE YEAR THEY KICK YOU TO THE CURB I do not know how they survive on dg fd and potato chips? would like to know how far they are from being bankrupt??????
 2nd of Feb, 2012 by   Eaglehawk 0 Votes
I am totally with you on all the complaints! I was with them for 8 yrs. and was being groomed to be a DM. at the last minute they hired some ditz instead. She was lied, back stabbed and used up all the Oklahoma merchandisers, to the point that all the have left for one reason or another. And the company has totally closed their eyes to her crap. DO NOT work for this company!!!
 4th of Feb, 2012 by   WonderingAway +1 Votes
Can anyone from DL reach their DM in the Northeast??????????
 4th of Feb, 2012 by   too old to get ripped off +2 Votes
"has anybody been phased out by the new "direction of driveline ? been with them for several years only to not get a terrritory ? stores were removed from me and given to other reps and was assigned to a surge team. for no reason and was never told or notified about the changes . Also someone is changing reps profiles . Was lied to and deceived by driveline . and Dl always talking about the code of ethics . what ethics is when they put the screws to people . Stay away from this company !
 16th of Mar, 2012 by   veryupsetusa +1 Votes
My boss stabbed e in the back although i was a very hard and honest worker. In fact i was trusted to get the job done because others wouldn't do it. Now I am dog crap because a butt kisser came along and became buddy, buddy with the boss. My manager took all my work off my schedule and gave to someone else--even using an outright lie as an excuse to do so. If you want worker's rights--don't sign up for Driveline. Try working for independent contractor merchandising instead--at least they don't play favorites.
 18th of Mar, 2012 by   Waist of time +1 Votes
I would like to know how a company like this can get away with treating employees as bad as they do. They certainly have taken advantage of the poor economy.
My stores taken away. I am told I will be used as a surge. Have written emails asking about the work to both managers in charge, but no response. NO work now for a month.
I guess if you just want to get out of the house and have extra money to throw away, then Driveline is the company to work for.
I can't see how crooks like this are allowed to do business in my state.
The stores always had complaints about Driveline and managers could not get responses from anyone within the company if there was a question or complaint.
 19th of Mar, 2012 by   too old to get ripped off +1 Votes
you are 100% right on about butt kissers and favorites . I was left go too because I was not a butt kisser and although I had a 100% completion rating on all projects I was also "assigned to be a surge " When I said "not happening" I was automatically remove from the web site . I do not know if anybody knows this but the master merchandiser bonus program was reinstated so the the people that was knocked down to surge get nothing. I also cannot see how these people get away with all the illegal things that they pull (unpaid work time etc. ) When the expenses start out weighing the paycheck it was time to move on anyway DL "s loss.
 19th of Mar, 2012 by   jamjma50 +1 Votes
Does anyone know who to contact at Driveline about job assignments? I have had none since the realignment of territories in January. DM and RM do not return phone calls. Help!!
 19th of Mar, 2012 by   Waist of time 0 Votes
I would also like to know who to contact. I haven't any assignments either. No one will return emails concerning work. I have been with them for 10 years.
 19th of Mar, 2012 by   too old to get ripped off 0 Votes
dont know who to contact ? corporate will not answer their phone calls or emails . beginning to think that there is a lot more to the territory moves that they told people makes one wonder ?. Are they still in business there is not that much work in the entire merchandising industry talk to workers from other companies they are scraping for work too, but yet other companies are always hiring. seen this business go down over the last few years . economy is still bad when there is a so called 9% unemployment rate ( more like 22% ) and not comming back for a long time .
 19th of Mar, 2012 by   jamjma50 0 Votes
Finally a call from RM . She said I need to talk to HR about territory assignments. HR? When I asked why HR, she said they need to be involved in this discussion. I have left messages for HR for four days and no response. RM said that DM sent an email to HR to contact me I asked if I was laid off, and she said no, I am now a surge merchandiser and will be called for upcoming resets in April. Whatever happened to the real merchandising jobs they used to have? Since they lost Long's Drugs, lots of work is gone.
 1st of Apr, 2012 by   wrmcam +2 Votes
This is a true joke of a company. They pay next to nothing and expect everyone to jump through hoops and do whatever assignments they give you regardless of how far you have to travel to complete the projects. I worked for them for 1 year but that is actually 1 year too long. I live in a small town and was quite satisfied with the territory realignment because I thought I wouldn't have to travel out of the area very much, but then they started throwing assignments on my list for towns that were 40 miles away. I asked for a raise to an amount that I knew they were paying new merchandisers a I kept getting the run around for 2-1/2 months from the DM. I gave my two weeks notice and quit.
 2nd of Apr, 2012 by   Waist of time +1 Votes
I understand an email was sent out to my state, , but I have not rec'd one. Paying mileage and resets to be done in Dollar Generals this week all over the place, wondering where the territory people who took my F.D. are.. Time for the so called "in charge" to do the work.

Post-Christmas Sales Won't Be as High as Expected