logo

Business / Personal Loan Offer
Apply urgent loan offer
2. (2 mins ago)
Maytag / French Door Refrigerator
Problems with the ice maker!
3. (6 mins ago)
Sodahead
Jim Crow like bias
4. (11 mins ago)
buyephedrinehclonline.com
Seller lies about status of order
5. (14 mins ago)

Posted:    debisue

Fraudulant Charge

DRI*ELEMENT5.com
Phone: 1-800-764-5783
When I checked my bank statement online last night, I noticed a charge from Dri*Element5.com for $39.95 to be submitted on 7/25/08. I tried to pull up the website and got nothing. I called my bank this morning and had the charge stopped and reversed. I have no idea who this company is or what they are selling, but I know I didn't authorize this charge, nor did my husband.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Aug, 2008 by   Michael Cook 0 Votes
As of 8/4/08, the exact same thing happened to my wife and I with this company showing up on our bank statement this AM. She called the bank, they are sending us the paperwork and, of course my card will be canx and the charge cancelled. We have no idea who they are, no website info, etc.
 5th of Aug, 2008 by   John Kollaer 0 Votes
I just found a charge to my checking account for $29.95 from this same company. I called my bank and they can't reverse the charge until it actually posts to my account. It is currently pending. I have no idea who this is or where the charge came from.
 15th of Aug, 2008 by   Monese Weeks 0 Votes
I too had this DRI WWW ELEMENT5 INFO|ELEMENT5 INFO| on my bank statement however, going through my files I saw this file name on my confirmation email from Parallels, a software vendor.
 19th of Aug, 2008 by   Antonio 0 Votes
Who are those guys? Parallels? We did not buy anything from them. My bank is going to do something about meanwhile .
What is going on?
 21st of Aug, 2008 by   Perry Campbell 0 Votes
Exact same thing just happened to me. Charge on my Checking for $29.95 out of nowhere. I called my bank and was told that since the charge is till pending they cant do anything. They said that once the charge has posted (once the thieves get their money) I have to contact the fraudulent company I've never heard of. At least my bank said they could give me their contact info, once the charge posts. For a college student who really doesn't make much money, this is almost a weeks worth of food gone. Never thought it could be so easy for people to get away with.
 22nd of Aug, 2008 by   Pia Schmid 0 Votes
I also got charged CHF 24.- by DRI WWW Elements5. Just called the credit card (GE Money Bank, via Migros). They were not very helpful, said I have to wait until I get charged again and then complain again within 1 month's time.
 22nd of Aug, 2008 by   Angie 0 Votes
Same here. $120.00 charge to my bank account. However, mine is probably due to the rest of the 29 fraudulent charges that somebody made. They were kind enough to clear my bank account out! Bank is investigating everything w/affidavits, etc.
 28th of Aug, 2008 by   Patricia 0 Votes
Yes, we a charge for 29.95 on August 25 and the bank directed us to contact the merchant, how in the world are we going to contact a fake company...
 2nd of Sep, 2008 by   Jim Miller 0 Votes
You probably ordered and downloaded some software using Digital River as the middle man. If you go to this website and put in your info, it will show you what you bought online.

I bought AVG antivirus and my charge showed up strange on my bank statement, just like you guys are saying. Hopefully this will help you guys out. Jim
 3rd of Sep, 2008 by   Rob 0 Votes
I just noticed a charge on my bank statement and at first I had no idea what it could be. I followed the link on my statement which told me exactly what I was charged and by whom. A year ago I ordered some computer software which I knew had an automatic renewal fee. My problem was that I forgot to cancel the software before the year was up. Everything seems legit on my end so no problems here.

www.element5info.com

This is the site where I was able to obtain the information about what I was charged and what it was for.
 9th of Sep, 2008 by   Garrett Dodson 0 Votes
I was charged with 29.90 from "DRI WWW ELEMENT5 INFO". This same description was found donating money to the Obama campaign. I hope they find this person.
 19th of Sep, 2008 by   Daniel Blackburn 0 Votes
Checking my CC bill today I saw this charge from www.element5info.com and it was for 29.95 like most people here. When I checked the above link supplied by Jim Miller (http://ccc.element5.com/ccc/getinfo.html) it turned out I was still on a subscription for a software kit I bought two years ago and completly forgot had a subscription service. The best part I was able to request that any future subscriptions be canceled. I'll count this charge as an idiot tax on myself for forgetting about it.
 23rd of Sep, 2008 by   Tom 0 Votes
I bought a piece of software through Digital River a couple of weeks ago. This ELEMENT5 operation seems to be doing business with the collusion of Digital River since my bogus charge was a payment to an adult entertainment company ("MB XL Entertainment Customer Service"). I called the # to have the charge cancelled, but I will notify my bank also.
 1st of Oct, 2008 by   Shannon 0 Votes
I purchased my security software program from AVG. It came across my bank statement as DRI*ELEMENT5.COM. The amount of $20.95 looked familiar but I had no idea. I searched the name and came across this site. Fortunately for me, this purchase was a software upgrade for a new laptop but I had bought the software on my desktop. I tend to leave lots of tabs and windows open on my computers and since I have the laptop, I've hardly used my old one and the information was still up. It shows that the billing will say DRI*AVG. I will look out for reoccurring charges though.
 3rd of Oct, 2008 by   Jason 0 Votes
Same thing here. (10/3/08) 3 charges in a row. All one or two seconds apart the first two for $49.90 and the last for $64.90. guess I'm running to the bank in the morning.
 4th of Oct, 2008 by   Justin 0 Votes
I just had the same thing happen. It was a $29.95 charge. I figured out that it was an automated renewal for PC Tools antivirus. I called PC Tools and they said they would reverse the charge and cancel my subscription. Very easy company to work with!
 10th of Oct, 2008 by   choti 0 Votes
MB XL entertainment billed me $39.95. It has posted to my account. I went through my phone company who connected me to market billing. They verified I had not charged some adult entertainment fee online and then reversed the charge. But they informed me someone has not just my name and bank account info but also the routing number etc. However the address on the online check I viewed was one I lived at 1 yr ago. I need to also call my bank to tell them what is happening, maybe change my account #.
 15th of Oct, 2008 by   mary 0 Votes
I bought a download from DRI in Sept. of 2008. I tried to download it but I have problems with that. Who do I call? All email addresses get you no where and there isn't a telephone number to be found. Looks like I'll have to say goodbye to my $90.94. Does anyone have any answers on what to do about this?
 23rd of Dec, 2008 by   debisue 0 Votes
Hi everyone. I am Debisue. I am a consumer that had the same problem that you had with dri*element. When I logged in to air my complaint, I couldn't get through the login process without giving my phone number. I am in NO WAY affiliated with the company. The phone number that you are calling is my personal phone number. I can tell you that my bank gave me an 800 number for this company to call when it happened to me and I was able to get my charges reversed from the company itself.
 9th of Mar, 2009 by   Eddie MacCausland 0 Votes
I see on my Bank register that you evidently charged me twice on the same day (03/02/09)for $65.94 if you could refund one of those purchases I would very much appreciate it.
Eddie MacCausland