logo

PositionMEonline and Reeltime Media
Business in Trouble???
2. (26 mins ago)
dresses1000.com
Ignore communication and no delivery
3. (28 mins ago)
MTN
Cannot make contact with anybody at MTN
4. (59 mins ago)
Igor and Kasbar are scammers
IGOR aka KASBAR is a Ripper
5. (59 mins ago)
TideStore.com
Not only are they terrible to customers, but the quality of their stuff is HORRIBLE

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Division of Family Services, St. Louis, Missouri Complaints & Reviews - Child Support

Division of Family Services Contacts & Informations

Division of Family Services

Posted:    Wiley Howard

Child Support

Division of Family Services
505 Washington Ave
St. Louis, Missouri
Phone: 314-340-4778
I am Not being Treated fairly by the Division of Family Services nor the state of Missouri. I had back childsupport due that I filed file bancruptcy to pay back. None of the payments that were made during the bancruptcy are being accepted by the DFS. They in essence are trying to make me pay an amount twice as they claim that they have no proof that the payments made were for child support, when I have provided them with verifiable proof. they are stealing my tax refunds, my stimulous refunds, and not once, have I received any type of balance, payments made, no amounts, no communication from the DFS. They continue to take an extra amount out of my paycheck above my regular child support and tell me nothing about how much I owe, and as I feel, how much I DON'T owe at this point. Noone wants to listen. DFS has a "Do Not Care" attitude and they refuse to check into the matter. All they do is look at the information that I submit and tell me, this doesn't prove anything. I assumed that court records are pretty official, but they do not think so, nor do they attempt to find out. This is a travesty being commited on me. I feel as though I'm being raped by the State and by the DFS. And I wish someone would do something about it it. Does anyone care about the crimes being commited by the system against people who try to do the right thing but end up being punished for it? This makes no sense. Someone PLEASE Help Me.
Comments United States Family & Relationships
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Aug, 2008 by   ironyfree 0 Votes
DFS...total bureacratic thugs. I've paid faithfully for over 19 years. One payment missed, lost in mail, and they PUT A LIEN on my house. Officially recorded it, over a $1300 child support payment.

As a taxpayer I'm surprised and angry. They spent a grand or more when all they had to do was make a phone call to me. And thank god I'm not trying to get a loan or a credit card, that would have scuttled that.

Mind-numbingly mean and inefficient.
 27th of Nov, 2008 by   jim cantrell 0 Votes
total bull crap.I have a son who is disabled, has had 3 heart attacks and they have a warrent to produce for not paying the theiving guardian at litems.They did nothing that they are supposed to do and he has no income.The judges and lawyers only care about dollars not people.
 23rd of May, 2009 by   GOOD_DAD 0 Votes
Missouri is currently stealing tax refunds in the name of child support collection on a child support order that is over 15 years old, paid faithfully (never late or mssing payments), designated to another state for jurisdiction (Missouri has NO jurisdiction), and has ENDED! The child support ended a year ago. This is all court documented and properly filed with everyone's sugnatures. Not only do they NOT have jurisdiction, but there are NO COURT ORDERS existing for child support. At this point they are STEALING money.
 16th of Oct, 2011 by   Lmiller-o 0 Votes
My husband is in that exact same boat as you, His ex-wife has brought hell and all it's deciples from the Missouri DFS w/her. He is currently sitting in Jail in Cali. for all this Gov't assisted extortion that the St. of Missouri has bestowed upon us. These people will not even bother to consider the 86K he has paid her over the years. The Laws have got to change. I am a mother of two and I cannot believe the laws are this slanted. They open a door for all angry, and hateful women out there to just annihilate an ex because she feel's wronged. This Shit has to stop!
 12th of Feb, 2013 by   mybutthurts 0 Votes
I understand and agree with you all. My ex lied on her affidavit, I can prove she lied and I am told DSS/CS will no longer answer my questions. I had requested a copy of my file and they have refused that also. You might want to contact NCP Force for help.
 5th of Apr, 2013 by   sprtenrgzd 0 Votes
Family Services works for their own paycheck, they care about no one. I have a court order that states that I overpaid my child support amount, , yet they refuse to acknowledge it. A woman from Family Services in Jeff city was in court to argue her point, but the judge ruled in my favor. I still haven't received it after many years. To date I still pay child support, even though my daughter receives none of it. My daughter is away at school and she has her own apartment. My daughter pays all her bills herself. If I want my child support to go to my daughter, my only option is to go to court to modify it.. Court is such a waste of time and money with very little ever being accomplished.
 2nd of Jun, 2013 by   Eyeseverywhere 0 Votes
All complaints against Division of Family services childrens division should also be sent to Attorney Generals Office file a consumer complaint and grievance with dss.mo.gov

Minicard Scam