logo

HEALTHY BACK INSTITUTE
CONTINUTED BILLING
5. (2 hrs 5 mins ago)
Beachwood Success Method
Fake charge and they sent me wrong contact info

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted: 2011-05-05 by    frustratedbydish

unethical business practices

Dish Network
California
Trying to get accounting information and discontinuing service should not be so difficult...my father, the account holder, died recently, and I was trying to help my mom notify all vendors/service providers to change the name on the account, and in some instances, discontinue service. Pretty much every other company was helpful and reactive, but not Dish. First, they required a death certificate before they would even talk to me about ANY details on the account. When I finally had the death certificate in hand, I tried to call the phone number they provided for their "Dispute Resolutions Department" and was not able to get through...I probably tried 50 times over the course of a few days and it was busy EVERY single time...kind of like they don't want you to get through... I finally looked online and found the number to their corporate office and was able to get transferred (that number is 303-723-1000) and get the fax number to send the death certificate. To make a very long and painful story short, after numerous phone calls -- always to different people...could NEVER get the same person twice -- and the sending of 5 faxes over the course of a week, they finally said they received the fax. Anyway, they "confirmed" that one of the accounts would be discontinued but they needed me to fax yet another death certificate to discontinue service on the other account (there were two accounts in total, and inexplicably, each one needed it's own death certificate!!!).

We've dealt with telephone companies, banks, utilities and ALL of them were easy to work with. Some of them may have required death certificates, but all of them understood the gravity of the situation and were helpful and willing to work with me. But with Dish, I had phone numbers that didn't work (i.e. busy all the time), voicemails to them that were not returned, faxes that were "not received", and I could NEVER get a manager on the phone...basically, they put up roadblocks at each step, no doubt in the hope that I'd just give in and continue paying for the service.

Beware of Dish Network -- they are no better than a street-corner criminal.
Comments United States Satellite & Cable TV
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Jan, 2011 by   DLH3354 0 Votes
On 1/4/2011 I was offered Dish Network service from a retail representative that made false claims and used unethical business practices stating that they could cancel my Direct Tv service without having to pay the early disconnect fee. This was all not true. WhnenI called Dish to report that they were using a company that had an F Better Business rating and was making false claims to get the Dish contract signed they refused to make any amends. I told them I was now getting billed from both companies and that they needed to accept responsibility for taking service calls from this retailer. They said that I had signed the contract and would have to pay a $450 disconnect fee if I canceled ( it has not been 30 days yet).
Dish Netwokrk could care less how they get their cash from us and is willing to continue to use known retailers that are scamming people out of thier savings by making false claims.
Somehow this has to stop. Whose service do I cancel? The honest folks at Direct Tv at @ $250 or Dish Network @ $450 and then Sirion Satellite with thier disconnect fee of $300. Really? Boy did I get taken by Dish Network and thier scam artist company Sirion Satellite.
Stay far away from Dish. They are crooks all the way. Everyone told me to stay away from them but I just couldn't listen.
I do have my contract that states that Sirion would cancel my Direct TV. Dish acted as though they had never heard of them and even told me that they could only take incoming calls so they could not get a hold of the retailers. Seriously? 2a455
 2nd of Feb, 2011 by   TommyF@DISH Network 0 Votes
DLH3354, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network. I'm sorry to hear about what happened with the retailer. I can definitely look further into your situation and the retailer in question. You mentioned you had the contract where the retailer says the retailer will cancel the contract with directv. If you could contact me at thomas.faust@dishnetwork.com I would be glad to assist.
 5th of May, 2011 by   TommyF@DISH Network 0 Votes
Hey frustratedbydish, my name is Tommy Faust and I am with DISH Network's Executive Offices. I am sorry for the trouble you're having with the account. It was not our intent to make this process time consuming, especially in your situation.

We do require a death certificate before we're able to do anything to the account, but as you have sent it in we should have it on file. I would like you to contact me at thomas.faust@dishnetwork.com so I can be of further assistance to you on this.

Identity Theft and Credit Card Fraud Protection