logo

genuineptr.com
don't believe them
4. (38 mins ago)
Castle Finance Direct
They took money for the form and refused to refund
5. (56 mins ago)

Posted:    MGW

Fraud

MGW
California
Direct TV decided after being told to terminate service instead to place it into their "suspended" category.

They have since then charged me for 3 months of service I never received.

I had to call my credit card company and not only object to the charge but terminate the current credit card number and get a new one issued.

After speaking with two Direct TV representatives I was told that's just the way it is. There was nothing they could do about it.

This is absolutely illegal, immoral and unethical.

I will be filing my case in small claims court this week.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Oct, 2008 by   Upset customer 0 Votes
I found the man behind the mask his name is
Chris Delegbas
Title: Manager Customer Advocate Of the Office of the President
Direct Line: 208-363-6625
I also have the 800# 800-445-2180

Please pass this on, I wasted about 10 hours of my life on the phone with customer no service.

Hope this helps you out
Sincerely
Hater of Direct TV
 30th of Oct, 2008 by   Kimberly Simmons 0 Votes
PLEASE AS A CONSUMER DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, TO SAY THE LEASE THIS COMPANY IS A REAL JOKE FROM BEING HUNG UP ON, UNPROFESSIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE, TECHINICIANS THAT DO DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY AND DO NOT RESOLVE THE PROBLEMS, BILLING FRAUDLANT INVOICES AND WORK ORDERS AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST YOU CAN NEVER GET A RETURN CALL BACK. PLEASE I WOULD NOT RECCOMEND THIS COMPANY TO MY WORST ENEMY.
 5th of Nov, 2008 by   Upset customer 0 Votes

Hope this helps you out
Sincerely
Hater of Direct TV
 1st of Dec, 2008 by   bruce 0 Votes
LIARS/CON ARTISTS!!DIRECT TV promised me 6 months free if I signed up. There were no free months and when i compained they tried to upsell me. The installer also told me what I was signing simply states that the installation was complete. found out that I signed a 2 yr agreement with a penalty of $467. if i cancel. The selection of channels are terrible and operating DTV is difficult. was not given the channels I was promised.
Most are PPV
They also charged my credit card without permission I found outTHAT THEY can be taken to small claims court
 29th of Jan, 2009 by   rOMAN 0 Votes
Some so called private contractors came door to door offering me a sweet deal of $34.99 monthly which would include dvr, hd, showetime, starz. and hbo so i was like yeah good deal . .and i told them would i be charged for anything . they dood said yeah the dvr. but youll get a full rebate on it so kool. but when i made the check out to direct tv. the next day the guy brought it back ripped and said sorry only to my name or with cash .. so .. i was like uhh ok .. dummy me went for it wrote him a check to his name and then when they installed it it took them 3 days with a poor signal and wires everywhere they didnt even clean there mess.its been 6 days i recived my bill and im being charges that i didnt agree to and i did not recieve any paperwork .nothing what soever these guys suck .. so i called customer service and they told me the guys that came arent direct tv. there using the direct tv system so if anything happends i dont take it up with the guys that came to my house only now direct tv. and she said to cancel its only been 6 days would cost me $450.00 dollars for just 6 days of it .. do not .., and i mean DO NOT GO FOR PRIVATE CONTRACTORS . MAKE SURE THEY HAVE ID.'S AND EVERYING ON PAPER EVERYTHING ..
 11th of Feb, 2009 by   MYGSDS 0 Votes
We're experiencing the same problems. Bogus invoices, rude customer represenatives, unavailable supervisors...outright despicable. If my problem with them isn't resolved, I am very interested in setting up the ground work for a class action lawsuit.
Stay away!!!
 15th of Feb, 2009 by   cthefuture2058 0 Votes
I phoned Direct TV to install new service to my address. They quoted me a price of 39.99 per month gauranteed for 13 months starting December of 2008. After not recieving the first bill I called to request another which took over a month. After receiving the bill it showed a monthly charge of 57.99. After already having much trouble with Dish Tv I was shocked to see that this company also uses fraud and deception to get people hooked up! I finally got somebody that said I have to go online to apply for a "rebate". I was not told anything about any rebate when I ordered the system. I informed them that I do not have a company at my ready disposal and that I was disabled. So when I finally got somebody to check online for any rebates there were none! I have now spent much time, hours with several people from Direct Tv who say there is nothing they can do! I am appauled as if I cancel they will be charging me $350.00 for cancellation. I am on a very small fixed income and only budgeted in the original quoted price. I can not afford to pay what they are now asking. This again has showed me that these people and companies are predators and will do and say anything to get people like me signed up under very questionable means. Now what can I do? There must be a legal complaint that I can file somewhere to stop these kinds of practices. I had even more severe issues with Dish Tv. I'll deal with that complaint on another form! Please advise me on a remedy for my situation if possible? Thanks..Dan
 18th of Feb, 2009 by   mourdrid 0 Votes
I would like to file a complaint against Direct TV for Fraud. I was having problems with my service and as a gesture on their part they offered to upgrade my service at no cost to me. I never wanted an upgrade I just wanted my service fixed so I could watch what I had already paid for. They sent out an updated dish and receiver and within 2 months I had problems again and tried to cancel. They are now trying to tell me that by accepting the upgrade I locked myself into a 2 year contract extension and would have to pay 400 dollars in cancellation fees. I informed them I was aware of no such contract extension, never signed a thing nor did I ever get an e-mail informing me of the contract change.

They then threatened to charge me the early cancellation fee and if I disputed the charge they would simply bill my credit card. I will be cancelling the service and I will be notifying my credit card company that I do not authorize this charge but someone needs to come down on Direct TV very hard for this fraudulant activity.
 24th of Feb, 2009 by   Barbidoll 0 Votes
CANCEL your card FIRST!!! I cancelled my service with them and was told by TWO of their representatives that my cancellation fee would be $37.50. I then got a charge on my "final bill" for $212.50. I called to dispute it last week and was told I had to send a letter (via snail mail) to their Billing Dispute department. Today, the charge of $212.50 was deducted from my checking account WITHOUT my authorization. I was on the phone this morning for 45 min with a "Resolution Specialist" who did NOTHING to resolve my problem. He insisted that the charge was valid and he would not refund it. I asked to speak to his supervisor, who conveniently was on another call, but he would leave a message and they would return my call in 24-48 hours. He also told me that the billing dispute department will take 14-21 days to get in touch with me. I was relatively happy with Direct TV, but from this day forward, I will let everyone I come in contact with to STAY AWAY FROM DIRECT TV!!!
 7th of Mar, 2009 by   ... 0 Votes
I am currently pursuing action against Direct Tv regarding the "early cancellation fee" being charged without our consent. I would like to get names of individuals with a similar complaint who would be interested in a Class Action Lawsuit. Please email me at flandrin78@yahoo.com if you are interested.

15th of Mar, 2009 by   frustrated 0 Votes
For three consecutive months I've been on the phone trying to get the price I was originally quoted. That price required sending in a rebate but that was never mentioned on the phone or prominently noted. So I missed that. But the real issue was that I was sollicited soon after installation by a Direct tv agent offering all the channels for free. I was suspicious and asked every question because my priority was to keep things cheap. I did not care about all those channels. I was assured there were no tricks nothing I had to do - I did not even have to call to cancel. Never were the words NFL Sunday ticket mentioned. But thats what I got signed up for and it was not free. And there was a no cancelation, no refund policy. As soon as I saw that on the bill I called and spend an hour (no Exageration) trying to understand what this was. Last call was just short of 2 hours! I figured out I was scammed by a 3rd party telemarketing agency in their employ and though they would not admit it, many people had been scammed similarly but they were not admitting it or taking any responsibility. Therefore I see them as complicit.
It cost me an extra $120. After the agent had sworn it was not going to cost me anything. That's fraud. Their refund policy is to offer as little as possible till you exhaust all possibilities. All I could get was $50 refunded after 2 hours of argueing. They actually used the fact that I had called on this issue before as a reason to not refund. WHo can stay on the phone for an hour during a working day to try to get someone to handle your issue? I was cut off as other complaintants mentioned. Returned calls promised and not made. They could care less about customer care since they have their contract. When I downgraded to the package I was planning on maintaining they had changed it drastically in content and also raised the price. The contract covers their interests only. Their policy is to mislead, confuse and frustrate the client. Here's a voicemail number that supposedly takes you right to a resolutions supervisor or so they say - 405 979-6484.
DONT DEAL WITH DIRECT TV YOU WILL REGRET IT.
 6th of Apr, 2009 by   Ratz 0 Votes
Based on your comment, "I am appauled as if I cancel they will be charging me $350.00 for cancellation. I am on a very small fixed income and only budgeted in the original quoted price. I can not afford to pay what they are now asking, " it sounds like time to prioritize.
 6th of Apr, 2009 by   sarah04 0 Votes
Direct TV is aweful!! I had scheduled installation and they never showed. Now they are telling me that they are coming tomorrow since someone had cancelled my service by accident. I can't take off tomorrow as well to sit here all day and wait for them to be a no show again. They are out of controll! There is NO sence of customer service at the company at all and the supervisor I spoke with (Who was obviously reading a script) tried to convince me that she was as high up as you get in the company. Absolutly unacceptable! Oh and it is their policy not to give out last names for when you file a complaint. GREAT!!
 10th of May, 2009 by   seattle_sports_guy 0 Votes
This number does not go to anyone in particular. Waste of time, wouldn't even bother.
 10th of Jul, 2009 by   annie24 0 Votes
When I ordered Direct TV through Expert Satellite they told me that my first month including tax would be 49.99 with HBO and Showtime. I discovered later that this deal wasn't in effect for 3 months. I would owe $100. each month, then 64.99 for the following months. Originally I actually called two different representatives to confirm this price so this scam is clearly well organized. They were reading from a script.

Also, I was told that cancellation was only $200. when it is actually $480. I found this out after 3 months when I wanted to cancel. The service was so horrible that I was willing to pay 200. but not 480.

I am contacting the BBB tomorrow.
 5th of Aug, 2009 by   Tony Rig 0 Votes
After moving and transfering my service OF MORE THAN 5 YEARS, Direct TV changed my package of channel selections without notice or authorization leaving us with NO LOCAL TELEVISION STATIONS, NO LOCAL NEWS, NO LOCAL SPORTS OR WEATHER! This was done 4 days after installation! We are not happy and this is totally unacceptable. Direct TV refuses to cancel service without us paying a penalty. If Direct TV had held up their end of the deal there would be no need to cancel service.

Very poor service with a even worse attitude. They sell you one package and then change it without notice!

BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE!!!

tr
 16th of Sep, 2009 by   pedro1235@yahoo.com 0 Votes
somebody name Nestor Cabrisas with phone number 786 287 3138 is selling illegal satellites boxes and installaions maybe works for you
 7th of Oct, 2009 by   Darla Leiann Giffen 0 Votes
They were sending out, weekly, fliers advertising 150 channels for 29.99. I signed up for this package. The terms were that you had to do a online survey to actually get this rate. I did the survey. This was back in May of 2009. To date (October of 2009) they have been charging me 59.99 a month. I call every month only to get the run around. Either they tell me I did not do the online survey, which I did, or they tell me they do not have this offer. I have gathered numerous fliers (that I continue to get) showing that they do offer this package. There retort is that the 29.99 package is only for 57 channels.

MY NEIGHBOR IS ALSO HAVING THIS EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!!

PLEASE BE AWARE DIRECTV IS NOT WHO THEY CLAIM TO BE. NOW I AM STUCK IN A 1 YEAR CONTRACT, BEING CHARGED A PRICE I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR AND IF I CANCELL THEY WILL COME AFTER ME FOR EVEN MORE MONEY FOR MY NOT HONORING THE CONTRACT. WHAT A WORLD WE LIVE IN THAT BIG BUSINESSES CAN RIP OFF THE LITTLE GUY.
 15th of Oct, 2009 by   ehooks 0 Votes
I have just experienced the same fraudelant charges from directv. They just took $473.00 out of my bank account with no authorization for receivers that their paperwork said I had seven days to return. FedEX picked them up on the second day but the hit my bank account for the money anyway. They debit card they used isn't even valid anymore so I have know idea how they were able to do this. I have to dispute the charges with my bank to hope to get my money back. Meanwhile my account is now overdrawn and my bank is hitting me with fees to top it all off.
I would never recommend signing up with Directtv. They are a bunch of crooks and I cannnot beleive what they can get away with!
 21st of Oct, 2009 by   RPfneisel 0 Votes
I am looking to sue Direct TV. My complaint is not much different than everybody else on here from inaccurate billing to the wrong service package to no service at all. I have spent countless hours dealing with customer service and have received no resolution. Please contact me if anybody else is also looking to sue or has already moved forward. rpfneisel@knology.net

Pay As You Drive Auto Insurance