logo

Posted:    Deenee

Billing dispute

Direct TV
www.directv.com
Hello, I have had Billing problems with Direct Tv for over a year, ( they charged us for a football package! We never watch football!) When I finally get it resolved, new problems accursed and we finally decided to canceled our services. Well couple of weeks went by and we got a bill for over $300.00. When I called they said that I had canceled our services and their was an early termination fee... WE HAD BEEN WITH THEM FOUR A LITTLE OVER 4 years! The person that helped my told me that I had ordered a new DVR! I then told him that we called a technician, because our box was not working, He then told me that he was unable to fix the problem and that he had to replace the DVR. we mailed the defective box back to them and got a new one. they checked with their records and then a guy agreed and said that I had to write a dispute letter to an address. Well I wrote the letter and now they will not over turn it because they said that we ordered new equipment or up-graded. I tried to contact direct tv tonight and told the girl my problem and she told me that someone will call me tomorrow, I was asking her questions and then she hung up on me and when I called back I got a message that their office was closed...

THIS HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE!!!

I can not seem to resolve it!
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of May, 2009 by   carmen 0 Votes
have been disputing payments that were made to direct tv, contacted my credit card company and was assured that the amt was taken off of my card for the bill, and also my bill has never been the same since i stated service with direct tv.
they also told me my bill would be $32.00 and when my bill was $58.00 then $50.00 i decided i needed to check and see why, they proceeded to tell me i had to sign up online for a rebate to recieve that discount, you would think when they tell you this information when you sign up that the employees would also tell the customer of this important information.
I also have spoken to 5 different employees concerning my account and get no where, they continue to tell me that I'm mistaken and my card was not charged and that they are right, there is no discussing with direct tv, also asked to talk to a supervisor, and was on hold for over 15 min and then was told there were none available, then asked to have one call me back, and of course no one returned my call, am at my witts end, and very irritated about it all, and am still trying to get my bill straightened out, normaly the saying goes the customer is always right, not with direct tv, there motto is that every customer is a liar and trying to get one over on them what a joke for a satalite company
 8th of May, 2009 by   realist 0 Votes
SO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS THAT DIRECTV SHOULD BABYSIT YOU AND MAKE SURE YOU TURN IN YOUR REBATE TO GET YOUR DISCOUNTS, Directv sends stuff in the mail to you for your rebates. You probably failed to read this and threw it away thinking that it was not important. So now your complaining because you suck for lack of a better term.
At least I can tell that you have some brains, the customer is NOT always right, because YOU ARE SO WRONG, AND IT SEEMS LIKE YOU MAY BE AND IDIOT TOO. I mean really who doesnt go through stuff that a new company sends you????
 4th of Jun, 2009 by   Dan Man 0 Votes
I have a similar 24 month extension issue. Check my post 6/4/2009. Dan Man
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by   Gene Brutto 0 Votes
Dear Sir:

I recently cancelled my Direct TV service (Account # 22687645) after approximately 10 plus years. I have always been satisfied with Direct TV service and cancelled my service only because I was able to bundle my phone, internet and TV thru one service.

Upon calling Direct TV to cancel my service I was informed that I would be charged a early cancellation fee of $340. I was informed that in the fine print of my original contract with Direct TV it was stated that anytime an adjustment was made to my service I was automatically required to keep that service for 2 years or a cancellation fee would be incurred.

As someone who works in the consumer products industry I would expect direct contact with the customer explaining these types of fees. This feels to me like this is a backhanded method of deceiving the customer. Without informing the customer directly I don’t believe it is fair to impose this type of fee on the customer.

I am asking Direct TV to review this and remove this fee from my account. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
 5th of Jan, 2010 by   High Watch Harry 0 Votes
I have the same issue.

Did you get it resolved?

If so, How did you do it

Thanks

hjccpa@aol.com
 15th of Feb, 2010 by   hatingdirecttv 0 Votes
Yes i have had the same lousy service. In fact they sent my dispute to a collection agency. Of course i have no intention of paying them for service they never properly installed.

RE: DirecTV Account Cancellation/Disputed Account Charges
Summary Reason for Dispute and Full Refund of ATT/DirecTV Services.
1. Considering the abysmal service from ATT and DirecTV and the Contracted Installer I did not have proper nor complete service installed prior to my cancelling at 12:30 on 4/24/2009.
a. According to the terms of agreement on the back of the DirecTV Installation letter, bullet number 2, if the customer cancels prior to installation then a full refund will be issued. Given that I had now waited two full Saturdays for appropriate and complete installation, and that I cancelled prior to proper and full installation I am entitled to a full refund.
b. Both letters stated installation between 8:00-12:00, the first occurred at 2:00pm and the second never showed by 12:30 and tried to actually arrive at 3:45pm.
i. These are both a violation of the written installation contract sent by DirecTV thereby nullifying my obligation to them.
2. ATT promised a bundled service, with one bill and a total monthly bill of all bundled services at $89 plus taxes. These services were misrepresented from the initial call on 4/9/2009
a. I received a DirecTV monthly bill in the amount of $65.99 an ATT home phone bill of $53.40 for a total of $118.99.
b. I was billed incorrectly $128.76 for the HD Receive which was supposed to free, see terms of ATT Bundle Package, I had to call to get that reversed.
c. DirecTV automatically tried to bill my credit card on 5/03 for $431.79 without my consent for automatic billing.

My Resolution
Following cancellation with ATT on 4/24, I requested Chase Visa to dispute the original charges of $21.60 on 4/12/2009 and $72.87 on 4/14/2009. I also suspended my account as DirecTV had attempted to charge my card on 5/03/2009 for $431.79.

Details of Events
April 9, 2009
I called ATT to order a bundled service for my home phone, internet and DirecTV. I was informed by the sales person that following terms, conditions, and features were included.
1. I would receive one bill each month from ATT with all my bundled services on the bill.
2. The entire cost of the service would be $89 a month plus tax as I had elected to go with a slower DSL connection bandwidth.
3. I elected not to have HD Receivers as I was told by the sales rep that I did not need a HD Receiver to get “Broadcast Channels in HD”, since I had a brand new Samsung HD TV I was told that it was not necessary. I would only need a HD Receiver if I needed the “HD Cable Channels”.
April 11, 2009
DirecTV was scheduled to install the system between 8am-12pm CST. At 12:00 the installation tech had not arrived nor had he called. I called the ATT number and was told they would send DirecTV an email and I would get a response in 10 minutes. Finally at 1:00pm the DirecTV Contractor called saying he would be there in 10 minutes. It was finally at 2:00pm that the installer showed up and installed the system. When he left at 2:30pm my friends and I turned on the golf on CBS and were surprised to see the bad image quality. I immediately called ATT and asked why I wasn’t getting HD quality on my HD TV. I was told by that sales person that I needed an HD Receiver. I explained item #3 above, to the sales person. She apologized. After a while she offered me an HD Receiver at no charge for the one year instead of the $10 monthly fee. She said she would send an email to DirecTV to get the installer to come back and switch out the device that afternoon.
Long story short I called the contractor, ATT, and DirecTV to get something worked out that afternoon. None returned calls with an appropriate solution. I gave up at 5:00 and went out, finally for the first time since 8:00am.
Additionally, DirecTV sent me an installation Order stating installation between 8:00---12:00 on 4/11, they did not live up to this installation contract.

April 13, 2009
After waiting most of the day for someone at ATT or DirecTV to call me if I finally called in at 1:00pm to find out what the solutions was going to be. This time the ATT sales person told me that not only did I need the HD Receiver but I would also need a different Dish on the roof. They said they could come out again on 4/17, I was out of town. I scheduled for an early appointment on 4/24, I told ATT that I would not wait around all day again and if they didn’t show I would cancel. I was told to call back the night before and request early, I did so and was told 8:00-12:00 again. Additionally, DirecTV sent me another installation Order stating installation between 8:00---12:00 on 4/24, as you will see they did not live up to this installation contract either.

April 24, 2009
Another wonderful Saturday wasted waiting for DirecTV. At about 9am DirecTV called saying the installer would be there before Noon to install the new Dish and the HD Receiver, thereby completing the installation. At 11:00 the installer called and said he would be there by 11:45am. It was now 12:30pm and no calls and no installer. I called ATT and asked what was going on, saying I was ready to leave my house. The service rep said the installer was right in front of my house. I must have been blind, neither myself nor my roommate could see the installer nor his truck in front of my house. We verified the address and she swore he was there. I said she was obviously lying and that I was not prepared to wait any longer. I told them I no longer wanted the service. At 3:45pm another installer called me on my cell saying, the original installer had gotten backed up and that he was on his way to my house now to do the installation. I told him I had cancelled when the first installer no-showed at 12:30. ATT had not told the local contractor that I had cancelled at that point. However, this just proved the first installer never showed up.

Is Work at Home a Scam or Real Deal?

Latest Groups