logo

pnc mortgage
Harassment
5. (26 mins ago)
Majic Window
Horrible treatment with their employees!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Direct TV Complaints & Reviews - Bad installation and reception!

Direct TV Contacts & Informations

Direct TV

Posted:    Mel Hayes

Bad installation and reception!

Direc TV- bad installation and reception most of the time. 5 months after signing up for 2yrs contract with direct tv their monthly service rate went up high. I called to find out my contract it does not matter, they said they can hike up as much as they want and it is on my contract. I couldn't argue because the rep who singed me up had a heavy Indian accent i did not understand half of the things she was saying at the time. I kept telling her I do not understand her but kept on going and I gave up. I got screwed and I am screwed for the next 1 and 1/2 yrs.

Remember they can hike as much as they want and you do not have and choice but to swallow your bill until contract ends.
Comments United States TV, Music & Video
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Feb, 2007 by   Stacey 0 Votes
Direct TV for the Maryland Area.

Direct TV installed a satellite on my neighbor's property that clearly impedes my property by facing over top of my deck wall. I have contacted them several times about moving it and they fail to do anything about it and pass responsibility off to the consumer (my neighbor) who claims they refused to install it elsewhere. I have made a complaint with the FCC as they are in violation of the FCC's Over-The-Air Reception Devices Rule which states that equipment must be installed wholly within the "exclusive use area" of the customer. I have contacted my homeowner's association to see what they can do. An attorney will be next. If anyone has any suggestions, please contact me.
 10th of Mar, 2007 by   s 0 Votes
I have called direct tv... numerous times my wife took off from work and they never fixed it.

I had no service for a week let alone when its windy bad weather etc etc...

Managers could care less and the corporate office even less... I called corporate numerous times only to get railroaded... here is a num in californoia see if anyone will call you back for your complaint and anger.

1 310-535-5000 post this num everywhere maybe they will get the hint. Call this number and they will help...
 28th of Jun, 2007 by   Jerjes Saliba 0 Votes
Bad Service, no signals, lots of charges every time the service person shows up, forced to buy a service agreement, Rip off. Never again. I wish there is a way out of this stupid contract. I am going back to cable.
 18th of Jul, 2007 by   Marie Roger 0 Votes
We have called Direct TV numerous times about all three of our TV's having problems with the Direct TV services. We have been paying for a year of HD services and rarely even have HD channels working. We should have known that Direct TV was an awful choice when the guy installing it took 6 hours to install and cut our neighbors TV cables. Not good to meet your new neighbors with a cut cable. We highly recommend not using Direct TV as your service provider. We could go on and on about why not to use them...
 9th of Oct, 2007 by   Richard S 0 Votes
You are not "screwed", signing a contract for service where the person providing the service can change the terms of the contract (i.e. fees) at any time, is called an unconscionable (sorry for spelling) contract. It is illegal to have something so outrageous that they can say we can charge anything at all we want at any time.

Contact the BBB at BBB.org and state your problem, set in the complaint resolution portion that you want out of your contract with no penalties due to them changing the rates without telling you up front the terms or amount that could be charged during your contract. You fill it out on line and it is quick and easy.

Use the following address in your complaint:

DirecTV, Inc.
PO Box 6550
Greenwood Village CO 80155-6550

Attention: Ms. Jill LaVigne Vice President of Direct TV
 13th of May, 2009 by   Sitnprt 0 Votes
We have had the same problems. It goes out alot. Snowy days, rainy days, windy days, sunnys days, clear blue sky days!!!
It is the worst reception ever. It took the technician hours to install. "Technician" used loosely. He showed up in an old beat up truck with one of those magnectic signs attached. If my husband wasn't home he wouldn't have stepped a foot in my doorway.
A very dissatisfied, trapped customer
 16th of Sep, 2012 by   Martin Corona 0 Votes
I think that you guys got bad installers. I have been setting up satellite services for about seven years. I always take care of my customer without having the customer call direc tv. Its true that some people rather get installed by a professional installer in a company vehicle . A lot of people don't realize that some of these techs are rookies. If you get a rookie he's gonna be in your house for ever and the service won't be good. I suggest you go through a retailer. They have experience contractors that will take care of your needs. The last thing is if you see your tech struggling for hours to get that signal, don't sign the contract. Direct tv gives you 24 hrs to decide if you like the device or not. For all of you that can't get service from direc tv, try Craigslist. There should be a guy willing to take care out you for a few bucks. Hope this helps on your future installations. Go direc tv

3 Things to Do Before You Give to Charity